What fuel do you use? (Shell, BP, Sunnoco?)

Berto

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mustang has seen many hard miles trying to make the slow n/a car fast and i only use v-power or 94. With that said, i have put 30k miles on it in 2+ years now up to 70k on the car and just did the head gaskets and the motor looked brand new! Heads, valves, cyl., ports, any and everything was clean and looked like new.

i 99% of the time use sunoco 94 in my car an my bike. if therse no sunoco i usually use shell.

honestly any time i use speedway or bp normal driving i cant tell but when i go racing, the car runs like shit. an this was when i was near stock 2 years ago. so ever since then sunoco 94 for me.

I seem to have better luck with SUnoco and Shell. I'll use BP in a pinch. There's been some issues with my neighbors cars using gas from the tobacco store here in town. There was alos an issue with the bp and my gf's cougar once or twice, but I can't prove that.

Talking with the guys from Accelerated Performance (big supra, etc shop in Toledo) and the recommended Shell or Sunoco. I was told their cars tune better with it.

So, there's no physical evidence for me to present, but I'm inclined to believe a shop of their caliber.

Kroger gas for all of my cars, sometimes Giant Eagle if I have a discount there. The wife runs BP in her car because that's where her company's gas card is. I don't think I've ever had issues with any gas in any of my cars.

Berto, there are real independent comparison results out there. I will continue looking for them; I could not find them during a quicky Google search.

Until I can find them, the results were something like this:

Amoco

Marathon

Shell

Mobil

Texaco

Sunoco

(100 others)

I use exclusively BP. My hubby hauls BP fuel so I try to help support his company in what little way I can.

All the fuel comes from the same pipeline, it just gets different additives at the terminal depending on which station it's going to. He hauls gas from the Marathon and other brand terminals also to BP stores. It depends on whether the store is company or independently owned also who gets which additives. Company owned stores receive "branded" BP gas, independent owners do not necessarily.

I run whatever station sells E85. Usually Kroger or Meijer.

Is that a pian in the ass? It just seems to me like it would be hard to always be stuck looking for 1 or 2 gas stations who sell E85.

It is a pain in the ass if I'm travelling outside of Columbus (eg. back to Marietta to visit family). Though, I can fill up with gas if need be if I have my laptop with me.

Being in Grove City though, Kroger and Meijer both sell it off 665 so it's easily available.