Favorite car for 5k....what is it?

Aaron

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm I've always wanted a coupe quattro.

20V Turbo Swap with S goodies...

DROOOL

Thats what I was thinking. And after finding out the curb weight of the Urs4, I have ruled it out lol. Almost 3900lbs, as much as a B7 S4.:eek:

I do like the 944 turbo as well.

ST165, ST185 or ST205?

I made a 6th gen alltac. It was neat because I always loved that body style and it was quite unique at the time. I will agree it wasn't as nimble as I had wished, but it was fun.

'88 ST165. I'd like to have a ST185 though as a DD.

love that one..fr500 look soo good on those

im sick of seeing the 87-93 noses...85-86 nose cars are my favorites

yeah..you can buy a complete running stang for under 5 k...you can only buy a rolling gn for 5k :p

if yous wants to rides in styles yous has to pays the prices

????

yeah anything you can do to a mustang you can do to them, and unless you have driven a land yacht, you dont know how comfortable they are. and i was drunk when i posted that

merkur xr4ti anyone?

turbo, rwd,5spd, lightweight, cheap, easy to mod. You can get a decent/clean one for under $2k, and spend very little modding it and have something like 27-2800lbs w/ 300hp/350tq and rwd.

Plus they have irs so handling is good as well.

They are more like 3600lbs.

Depends on what year. Mine, being a 2000, has aluminum uprights, no ESP and a couple of other things that were different than the later ones, making them lighter, 3384. The later ones were 3593 for sedan, and 3704 for avants.

Depends on what year. Mine, being a 2000, has aluminum uprights, no ESP and a couple of other things that were different than the later ones, making them lighter, 3384. The later ones were 3593 for sedan, and 3704 for avants.

That makes more sense. The initial brochure I looked at was a 2000, which indicated around 3350. Then when I looked them up again, the 2002 read off right at 3600.

That S4 is up on autotrader. It says: Handyman Special! THIS 2001 S4 WAS A RECENT TRADE. CURRENTLY THE VEHICLE IS RUNNING BUT NOT DRIVEABLE. IT DOES NOT HAVE COMPRESSION IN AT LEAST ONE CYLINDER THEREFORE WE ARE SELLING AS-IS FOR PARTS/REPAIR ONLY.

But it does look like a good deal. Get it for 4k, then rebuild an engine for it.

I do like those coupe quattros. All high mileage versions that I have found for WELL under 5k.

VR6 and a single turbo and you would have a wicked car for under $10k.

S5 FC shell for 1500' date=' the rest on lsx motor. Set for life.[/quote']

Uh, you can find running/driving FC's for less....

how about S4 FC shell for $500, and 2.3t for $250 and a bigass turbo! Now you know my secret plans...muhahaha

• Upvote 1