I bought a 98 contour SVT today for $700

TurboRust

Every one is so against a Contour These cars are ultimate sleepers the svt ones

Sleepers are supposed to be fast.

mmmhmm an what s urs run? just like the one that susposed to run 11;s but ran almsot a 15.

Exactly.

They aren't fast at all, they handle well for what they are (a 10+ year old FWD Ford) but nothing more. Take a long sweeping turn, you engine will turn into a sleeper lol.

IMO,Its gotta hang with the usual semi-stock LT1/LSx /99-04GT crowd to be a sleeper. if it doesnt pull at least-low 14s it isnt time to sleep, its time to waste more $ and get to wrenchin. I dont even know what you can do to these cars bolt-on wise to make em go that fast..did somebody mention a blower??

IMO,Its gotta hang with the usual semi-stock LT1/LSx /99-04GT crowd to be a sleeper. if it doesnt pull at least-low 14s it isnt time to sleep, its time to waste more $ and get to wrenchin. I dont even know what you can do to these cars bolt-on wise to make em go that fast..did somebody mention a blower??

turrbooooooo;)

Every one is so against a Contour These cars are ultimate sleepers the svt ones

I've had contours and their is nothing fast about them even the svt's

I'm a member on contour.org and sure there are some cool svts but for what is worth you could save the 6-7k getting a high 11-12 second svt and actually make a lsx/mustang really fast

Great daily being pretty well equipped

not sure on the 2.5 duratec

but i can tell you that my 2.0L held up for some shit

got it with 130k and got rid of it with like 190K.

Constant beating on the car, burnouts, nuetral drops, hell i even jumped it (broke the oil pan) and after fixing it it still ran good.

Only had to replace the alternator, upper radiator hose, plugs/wires, and just oil changes.

cheap cars ftw

Are you talking about the mistake???? if so it was a great car hahaha