Southwest non-refundable Vegas ticket question

nurkvinny

So, I have 2 non-stop Southwest tickets to Vegas for early this coming week. My 2 year old came down with croup tonight, and there is zero chance my wife will leave with him like this.

I have spent the last hour searching for SW's exchange policy on non-refundable tickets, with no luck. I do plan on calling them first thing in the morning, but by any small chance, have any of you had to deal with exchanging non-refundable SW tickets? Best way to go about it? Certain number of days/hours ahead of time you had to contact SW?

And no, going without her is not an option. :)

What you will get will be a credit in your name in the amount of the ticket minus some fees. Only the ticket holder can use the credit, so it sounds like your wife and you will both have one with them. But call them and see what they say. They may wave the fees due to a family medical emergency.

Southwest does not charge fees to cancel or change flight plans if booked via there website or call center. They apply the full price of the fare to another flight that you have to use within a year. If you select a fare with a higher price they just make you pay the difference. I have done this twice with Southwest, the most recent time in May and I was never charged any sort of fee.