what SHOULD your car run?

V8 Beast

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, on a perfect day, on a perfect track, with the perfect driver, what do you THINK your car is capable of. What are you shooting for with your current set up?

I put this in the kitchen because haters with slow ass cars tend to show up in threads like this....

umm like me my truck should run 17.00s with 24s lol

I have no idea. Wont know till next spring but Im sure I will make a lot of bad runs first time out. Never raced with a 6 speed before. What should a 450 ,460 rwhp Z06 run with some drag radials ? 11.5 @120 something like that maybe. These cars were made to run around curves . Im curious to know though .

I have no idea. Wont know till next spring but Im sure I will make a lot of bad runs first time out. Never raced with a 6 speed before. What should a 450 ,460 rwhp Z06 run with some drag radials ? 11.5 @120 something like that maybe. These cars were made to run around curves . Im curious to know though .

ask sam his vette moved out! an im sure he will tell you to throw some concrete bags in the back to hook lol

:edit: not a nut swinger comment just a fact... i miss that vette it looked like a go cart going across the highway

Car could have gone 11.80-11.90 if it didn't break in the last 1/8th mile.

Car broke during the shake down pass. Stock axles, trans, and clutch. On slicks making around 400whp. Went 12.40 with no real attempt of a launch, 1.99 60', car cuts 1.60's on normal radials.

All in a 3550lb convertible.

Well- an exceptional driver can put a bone stock 02-04 Z06 at 11.8 on street tires.

My best with rock hard 6 year old street tires is a 13.2 so I say with fresh pilot sports I can get a 12.3-12.5 bringing the 60' from 2.4 to a 1.9-2.0 without powershifting but thats not likely to happen as I only go once or twice a year and this car is too fun in the twistys to worry too much about ETs

Well- an exceptional driver can put a bone stock 02-04 Z06 at 11.8 on street tires.

My best with rock hard 6 year old street tires is a 13.2 so I say with fresh pilot sports I can get a 12.3-12.5 bringing the 60' from 2.4 to a 1.9-2.0 without powershifting but thats not likely to happen as I only go once or twice a year and this car is too fun in the twistys to worry too much about ETs

Is that 11.8 the best ever pass on a bone stock Z? I've heard of mid to low 12's being the norm, but maybe a handful of people in the country have hit 11.xx bone stock. If those were posted with weight reduction maybe, but that isn't normal at all.