Spinoff Thread: Sushi

El Karacho1647545492

Okay so this kinda got rolling in the dinner recommendations thread but it deserves its own.

Best sushi in Columbus?

Ones I can count out:

Restaurant Hama - yeah its good sushi, but its not the best

Asian Gourmet (Stoneridge) - too fuckin expensive...though their main menu is very good

any recommendations?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there is a Sushi Rock in Columbus. I've been to the one in Beechwood up near Cleveland multiple times and thought it was really good, but expensive unless you go on half-price nights. As much as I like sushi I've never been to many good restaurants, so I'm not really sure how this place compares (being a chain and all).

Japanese Oriental Resturant on High st close to lane. They have won best sushi in cbus a couple times and they are awesome. They are by far the cheapest in cbus also. They are not a fusion sushi place either meaning they dont have crazy rolls. they have very traditional sushi and very well made. Eggroll is killer too.

We're always pleased with Shoku in Grandview, and Haiku in the Short North is usually pretty good - especially when paired with mango chicken. That stuff is oh my. Also a fan of Kooma. We haven't done sushi outside of downtown/Grandview because we usually don't go anywhere else.

My third wife also was in the habit of speaking on my behalf.

Are you implying Farkas is your fourth wife now? :marc2:

I've been to Sushi Ting (Olentangy near Bubbly Tea) and Otani (161 &71). Both were very good. Sushi Ting was very reasonable on price. It's been a while since I went to Otani so I can't exactly remember.

I've not had any sushi at Lemongrass (high street, short north), but everything else there kicks ass so I'm sure their sushi is good too.

Keep them coming, I love sushi and want to try more places.

On a side note, get some bambo matts and a book and make your own. It's super easy and a lot of fun. Only thing we really used the book for was the rice recipe and you can find that online. You can spend $20 on food to make it and have enough to make 5 people not be able to eat all of it.