Spinoff Thread: Sushi

El Karacho1647545492

ive heard good of aki hana and kooma, but have yet to try either of them

i cant believe no one has put in a word for Sapporo in westerville. its in the strip mall by giant eagle at maxtown and state st. its been voted best in columbus. heres what i usually get

Salmon and Avocado Roll 5.50 (add cream cheese is .50 more) - 8 pieces

Buckeye Roll: Salmon, tuna, avocado sushi tempura roll 7.00

we've had Edimame (i think thats the right spelling) at easton by radio shack...salmon roll was ok, their version of the buckeye roll tasted like a burger king onion ring, and they put a "Spicy mayo" underneath that no shit tasted like the onion ring sauce. it was gross. the inside and atmosphere was cool though.

i think there was one other place but i cant think of it. maybe it was just those 2. ive stuck with sapporo since its so good and its friggin cheap. they have lunch special, 2 rolls for like 8.95

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive heard good of aki hana and kooma, but have yet to try either of them

i cant believe no one has put in a word for Sapporo in westerville. its in the strip mall by giant eagle at maxtown and state st. its been voted best in columbus. heres what i usually get

Salmon and Avocado Roll 5.50 (add cream cheese is .50 more) - 8 pieces

Buckeye Roll: Salmon, tuna, avocado sushi tempura roll 7.00

we've had Edimame (i think thats the right spelling) at easton by radio shack...salmon roll was ok, their version of the buckeye roll tasted like a burger king onion ring, and they put a "Spicy mayo" underneath that no shit tasted like the onion ring sauce. it was gross. the inside and atmosphere was cool though.

i think there was one other place but i cant think of it. maybe it was just those 2. ive stuck with sapporo since its so good and its friggin cheap. they have lunch special, 2 rolls for like 8.95

You can buy Edamame at walmart in stem bags for 1.50$ , go to any japanese store and buy okinawan sea salt and enjoy , its the same shit. All Edamame in japan is imported from the USA anyways lol My freezer always has bags of this. If you go to any japanese store and try and buy edamame in the same bag with japanese name its like 8 bucks for the same shit.

Most that stuff you listed is not really sushi, Us japanese do not even use or know were to buy cream cheese lol

When you get a chance really go to Aki hana and try the sushi A or B it has samples of traditional type sushi peices and is not that much. Once you taste sushi rice done right you will never go any other place.

Aki Hana is by far the best Authentic sushi in columbus hands down. I eat japanese food almost everyday and truley this place is authentic as it gets.

I've eaten there before. I'm not a huge fan. Food was good, but it was really noisy in there and the wait staff was not very pleasant.

I've eaten there before. I'm not a huge fan. Food was good, but it was really noisy in there and the wait staff was not very pleasant.

Ive been there for the last 12 years and never had any issues, I have herd that from other people having issues with another place on sawmill not hana.

You can buy Edamame at walmart in stem bags for 1.50$ , go to any japanese store and buy okinawan sea salt and enjoy , its the same shit. All Edamame in japan is imported from the USA anyways lol My freezer always has bags of this. If you go to any japanese store and try and buy edamame in the same bag with japanese name its like 8 bucks for the same shit.

Most that stuff you listed is not really sushi, Us japanese do not even use or know were to buy cream cheese lol

When you get a chance really go to Aki hana and try the sushi A or B it has samples of traditional type sushi peices and is not that much. Once you taste sushi rice done right you will never go any other place.

not the food, the name of the restaraunt was edamame. its right out across from logans in the stripmall with radioshack and pier one and all that shit.

Okay so this kinda got rolling in the dinner recommendations thread but it deserves its own.

Best sushi in Columbus?

Ones I can count out:

Restaurant Hama - yeah its good sushi, but its not the best

Asian Gourmet (Stoneridge) - too fuckin expensive...though their main menu is very good

any recommendations?

I havent read everyone else's reply but i will say the two restaurants ive been to were fairly good. Restaurant Japan was really good but it was my first time ordering sushi so I didnt have alot to compare it to. and Sushi En by Rave movie theaters in polaris was really good when i went.

I have been wondering about a good sushi place around here.. I think my tastebuds are spoiled though, since my first real sushi experience in my life was last summer at virginia beach with alex and jasson - all you can eat sushi for $20. Always being scared of fishes, but I ended up stuffing my face with a little bit of everything. Yum.

Oh and I also just tried steamed broccoli last month for the first time in my life and like that too. My horizons are quite broad now.

LOL.. awesome..

tensuke mkt. old henderson.... yum

Good for take-home if you need it fast, Aki Hana is right down the alley there.

Any Restaurant will have issues during the meal rush. This is why I try to never go to a restaurant during lunch/dinner time. I hate feeling crowded and hurried.

Guest Melanie
I have been wondering about a good sushi place around here.. I think my tastebuds are spoiled though, since my first real sushi experience in my life was last summer at virginia beach with alex and jasson - all you can eat sushi for $20. Always being scared of fishes, but I ended up stuffing my face with a little bit of everything. Yum.

Oh and I also just tried steamed broccoli last month for the first time in my life and like that too. My horizons are quite broad now.

Ive been trying to take you to places... go with me next time I ask! :p

A friend of mine owns a sushi bar down in bexely called Moshi Sushi I believe. David Kim is the owner and from what i've heard, it's pretty damn good. I haven't gone there yet but I've been to a few other nice places like akai hana and a few others. People who have visited that know my tastes say it's a classy little joint.

Aki Hana in the Kenny center off Old Henderson.

Akai is ok, this has some of the best priced sushi in columbus. Basically all the Asians who came straight off of the boat go. So you know it is good.

If you are looking for really really good sushi and be willing to spend the money for it. Benihana at Polaris has a good selection. They also have All you can eat sushi for $26. Oh Snap!!!

Akai is ok, this has some of the best priced sushi in columbus. Basically all the Asians who came straight off of the boat go. So you know it is good.

If you are looking for really really good sushi and be willing to spend the money for it. Benihana at Polaris has a good selection. They also have All you can eat sushi for $26. Oh Snap!!!

Benihana is good for sushi if your scared and want everything japan does not have to offer. Benihana is american food with like an asian twist. Japanese do not eat beef much and if we do its from the Wagyu cow, and thats rare for us.