how do you change grips?

Dave1647545494

Guest Removed

hair spray works too...

but to make is easy on , warm them up like scott said, i always use some rubber glue on them(not to much) and slap them on before going to bed. next day your golden

cut the old ones off, and glue the new on...(not much is needed)

I didn't glue mine on I cut the old ones off then lightly coated the new ones with hairspray and slipped them on.

Have used both with no trouble. An air compressor with a blow tip works great for geting them on or off also.

LIGHTLY greese the new ones or you'll be laying on the road behind your bike.

Don't ask me how I know.

Ron

HNYear!

DO NOT Grease them at all absolutely no grease boil them then clean the bars with alcohol and just a couple spots of rubber cement works wonders.i had a grip come off the quad last night they were on it when we got it and almost ran into a tree...

i want to add, if you are replacing the actual throttle tube.. which is plastic... dont put anything on it. it should have just the plastic to metal contact. if you put hairspray or shit like that it will make the throttle stick.

but if your just installing grips.. rubber grips no throttle tube then you can use any of the methods above and that includes if you are installing a grip onto the throttle tube... besides the tip about grease.