What daily?

Cordell

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could picture you in an '03-'04 Marauder. Not the greatest gas mileage, but has the big car feel you like in the Impala, great motor, accepts both mechanical and cosmetic mods nicely, RWD. What's not to like?

Maybe a little hard to locate a clean one on the cheap, but it would be a fairly exclusive car and I think would be a real workhorse of a daily.

And before you start bitching about joining the Ford Family, consider that it's the American car company that didn't go bankrupt.

I could picture you in an '03-'04 Marauder. Not the greatest gas mileage, but has the big car feel you like in the Impala, great motor, accepts both mechanical and cosmetic mods nicely, RWD.

This is an excellent point, you could also go for a plain jane p71 detectives car for half of your budget and spend the change setting it up to suit your needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P71

Nice thread....I have also been shopping around for a $10k daily. I would prefer AWD or RWD as well. It must be a manual and I would prefer a turbo 4. I have been looking at 1.8t A4's, WRX's and even a few Jettas. I thought about getting another SRT4 but cannot find any decent ones in that price range.

Either of the big 3 1/2 Ton trucks come to mind. If you don't mind the gas milage, either one will come in handy. Not to mention, your Camaro is destined to break again, why not have a tow truck?

Jeep Grand Cherokee? Get the limited with the V8, and you'd be impressed with the overall power.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=35642661&listingRecNum=30&criteria=prMx%3D10000%26sf1Dir%3DDESC%26prMn%3D0%26alMdId%3D21222%26mkId%3D20021%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21222%26rd%3D150%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice%26zc%3D43015%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26alMkId%3D20021%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

I'd say keep your eyes open for just a plain jane Trailblazer or Envoy. Since GM decided to make thousands upon thousands, they're pretty cheap as far as resale is concerned.

I guess you could throw the Ford Exploder under there too, for Lord knows how saturated that market is. They're easy to work on for the most part, and cheap.

Just ride your wife everywhere, seems like she does everything else....

wicked burn....

wait didnt you just say in another thread you just bought a cobalt? now your buying another car? damn I thought having two car's for one person was alot but it sound slike you'll need a parking lot after your done.

wicked burn....

wait didnt you just say in another thread you just bought a cobalt? now your buying another car? damn I thought having two car's for one person was alot but it sound slike you'll need a parking lot after your done.

His wife just bought a cobalt as a daily. He took over her impala as a daily, he also has his camaro in storage, and what he did with his s10 was probably soak it in gasoline and light it ablaze.:p

His wife just bought a cobalt as a daily. He took over her impala as a daily, he also has his camaro in storage, and what he did with his s10 was probably soak it in gasoline and light it ablaze.:p

DAMN 4 cars for 2 people?! sorry to get off topic but why not just get rid of the impala and s10 if you dont like either? I understand not driving the camaro year round but if the impala is paid off why not keep driving it until the wheels fall off? you obviously know how to keep up maintenance and no car payment means more money in your pocket? I would kill to own a car outright instead of making a damn payment every month.

DAMN 4 cars for 2 people?! sorry to get off topic but why not just get rid of the impala and s10 if you dont like either? I understand not driving the camaro year round but if the impala is paid off why not keep driving it until the wheels fall off? you obviously know how to keep up maintenance and no car payment means more money in your pocket? I would kill to own a car outright instead of making a damn payment every month.

My wife and I at one time had 8 (all owned)cars we drove amongst the 2 of us. Scott get a nice 4wd truck so you can have a fun daily, good in all weather conditions, be able to tow the camaro, ect.....

^^This.

If/when I'm able to afford it I will have a daily, a fun/sports car, and a truck/suv. Or maybe just the truck/suv and fun car. If I was able to afford 3 cars I could afford the extra gas cost by driving the truck full time and not have the headache of maintaining a 3rd car.

You might re-think the 94-96 Imp. I picked up mine for $5600. The aftermarket has you covered for parts, and OEM parts are still available. I've been dumping money into mine, but it was a perfectly acceptable car when I bought it. I should end up with about 10k in mine when it is all said and done after the suspension parts, power sunroof, remote start, etc...