who's doing your taxes?

smokin5s

I'd really like to get my taxes done soon and I was wondering who was doing everyone's taxes? Anyone that you would recommend? (Turbo tax isn't an option this year for me because of all the financial changes I made this year, I'm better off having an accountant do it)

I went with H&R Block again this year because each year when I decide to start doing them myself I feel like I'm going to screw them up and I'd rather not spend hours going in circles double-checking myself.

There's one specific guy I have gone to since I got a house that comes highly recommended by alot of people in the area (Delaware). He seems to really know his stuff. I can give you his info if you want.

Turbo tax every year. I even have it import all of my purchases that I track in quicken all year from all my accounts. Doing itemized deductions is easy as a few clicks if you do this. Just double check it before you submit.

anymore info on this? pricing? Does he do "extra" right offs?

He charges me $225, he's pretty much by the book he does whatever he can for write off's but legally.

I will ask him if he's taking on anymore clients. I've been using him for 15yrs and my parents used him for over 20yrs.

He charges me $225, he's pretty much by the book he does whatever he can for write off's but legally.

I will ask him if he's taking on anymore clients. I've been using him for 15yrs and my parents used him for over 20yrs.

I need a tax guy that can write off "expenses" and if need be come up with "documents" to prove it. I know its going to be hard to find, I need an old school tax guy.

Do mine by hand and then e-file on the internet. Used TurboTaxFree this year because TaxAct, that I had been using the past few years, were being bastards and wanted to charge me for a direct deposit. Wouldn't charge if I did a check but they wanted money if I did a DD. Assholes.

I filed Ohio using the i-file website thing, for free.