Would this piss you off v. towing company

Browning

Called a guy earlier that my g/f's brother knows that just started a towing company to tow my truck from a kroger parking lot to her house, roughly 2 miles. Told me to leave the keys under the seat and he would drop it off after he was done with the job he was on at that moment. A little after 5 he said he was headed that way to get it. Fast forward 2 1/2 hours, still no truck. Call him, no answer. Had the g/f's brother call him and he says the guy had a bunch of other calls so he had it towed to his shop and to ask me if I wanted him to look at it. Guy didn't call me to tell me he was towing it to his shop, arrangements were clear that I wanted it towed to her house. Call him back, no answer, so I left a message that I wanted my truck dropped off asap. Get a call back a few minutes later saying he had a couple more runs and would then drop it off. Should I be pissed?

Now I'm worried cause I don't know this guy, don't know if he's shady or not but all things are pointing towards yes. I have never dealt with a towing company that has pulled some shit like this before.

I live in a pretty trustworthy area. Was kinda worried to leave the keys but only because I have a little audio setup in my truck. Don't really care about that. I'm just worried about this guy fucking with my truck, especially now that he knows I'm pissed off.

Called a guy earlier that my g/f's brother knows that just started a towing company

I see three (3) things wrong with that statement.

I live in a pretty trustworthy area.

This is 2010. There's no such thing.

Good luck with the situation. Personally, I would call Brandon at Capital Towing.

yea you're right. Dude is $10 cheaper than any one else and out here it's not easy to get a tow truck right away. I'll never use this dude that's for sure. Oh and I didn't mention the fast that his shop is miles away, in the opposite direction. My guess is this is some sort of scheme of his, which worries me even more

FWIW, Brandon (Capital Towing) arranged to pick up my father-in-law's Z06 - keys on the driver's seat - in UA and dropped off the car without incident at NTB downtown. I guess it's all about who you can trust...

yea but he is a trusted an known member..

not that big of a deal really.

i guess ur better then me then cause im not leaving my vehicles to some random guy

Not taking anyones side in this but given the road conditions tonight it would be hard to expect anything in a timely manor. Im gonna guess that maybe he was overwhelmed with calls and it was a simple mistake on his part that was corrected. I have owned 3 tow trucks and believe me it gets hectic when you have alot of calls and need to make the best use of your time to get everyone taken care of and it gets even worse if your contracted through AAA or State Highway patrol. I would probably be frusterated but also understanding about the situation.

Glad it worked out.

FYI - I once called the towing service that is so highly recommended here... only to never even get a return call from him.

i got u one better.. called said company an preety much said we cant help you an hung up.... :rolleyes: ahh well

Not taking anyones side in this but given the road conditions tonight it would be hard to expect anything in a timely manor. Im gonna guess that maybe he was overwhelmed with calls and it was a simple mistake on his part that was corrected. I have owned 3 tow trucks and believe me it gets hectic when you have alot of calls and need to make the best use of your time to get everyone taken care of and it gets even worse if your contracted through AAA or State Highway patrol. I would probably be frusterated but also understanding about the situation.
know what I found out today? My truck was 1/2 mile down the road the whole time. He passed her house without stopping, while towing my truck, on his way to his house. Would you be mad now? It wasn't in any way convenient for him. It was only a scheme to get people to use him to fix shit.