Turbo Cars

KStang3.8

r13b is madza!

and no they dont have it

Looks like a lot of people are confused about the meaning of hp per litre.

Whilst you're getting monster power from the Veyron, it's specific power output is only 125bhp per litre.

When you say "road legal" do you mean as it comes out of factory, or tuned cars that are road legal?

If you're talking factory cars, then most people think it's the Mitsubishi Evolution VII FQ-400, producing 402bhp out of it's 2 litre engine (201bhp/litre)

Mazda's Efini spec RX7's were producing 276bhp out of 1.3 litres, giving 212.3 bhp/litre.

However, it's a ropey old ford that takes the honours. The RS200 when available had factory option kits that allowed you to take the road cars 1.8BDA engine up to 450bhp. Rally models went higher, not to mention the infamous 1400bhp pikes peak car. Only a handful of the cars left the factory at 450bhp (most opted for the "modest" 350bhp kit) giving 250bhp/litre.

If you're talking about the highest power/litre road car, then there are several supra's and skylines knocking about with in excess of 450bhp/litre. Whether they're road legal is a grey area though, as they can't get through emissions testing with that kind of power.

Highest specific output of a piston engine goes to Renault's 1.5 litre Turbo used in the 1986 F1 season. In qualifying trim, power could be boosted all the way to 1,500bhp, giving amagical 1,000bhp/litre, although in the races, they ran at around 800bhp (a "mere" 533bhp/litre).

ford wins yet again.

Listen Gearcock :p

R13b NOT 13b = Mazda.

R13b is a inline-4 motor by SUZUKI.... We are talking naturally aspiriated as released from the factory motors.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed

R13b NOT 13b = Mazda.

R13b is a inline-4 motor by SUZUKI.... We are talking naturally aspiriated as released from the factory motors.

ok audijewgay'd....the RS200has that beat....

look it up

Guest Removed
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are drunk, but the RS200 is again, TURBOCHARGED.

no one said it had to be N/A!

if that was the case i would say usdm spec only...which then , the s2000 has it. followed by the b18c5.

In the BSHP game,as far as I know,the F20C S2000 engine still holds the record for n/a at 120hp per liter.

R13b NOT 13b = Mazda.

no one said it had to be N/A!

if that was the case i would say usdm spec only...which then , the s2000 has it. followed by the b18c5.

Sorry ?

I also completely agree with Jones and Kirks5oh. Being reasonable with what you do now... Be it school,finances,cars,women,etc will pay off in the end. Always keep in mind your goals. But don't let the moment take you blindsided.

If you are really looking for a good turbocharged daily driver that can still be fun,look into a Jap car. I know that some folks will disagree. I have worked on and tuned both Japs,Euros and domestics. I will also be the first to admit that like euro turbo cars. But they are not the cheapest to mod CORRECTLY. Nor are they the least expensive to maintain. Unless you can turn your own wrenches. As far as domestic turbo's go... You don't have many choices. Newer Cobalts and SRT4's are all that is available. And quite fun to drive I might add.

Thanks for the advice :D

There seems to be a common theme throughout this thread:

Euro's are awesome but quite pricey, too much so.

Not alot of Domestic turbos, but the SRT-4 and Cobalt SS are great options.

5 dudes want me to turbo a mustang.

Everyone agrees that the Japanese cars are the best, in particular the Evo's, also quite a few supporters of the Subies.

For some reason i brainfarted making this list and forgot he Evo X. Just as good as 8 and 9 right?

Thanks for the advice :D

There seems to be a common theme throughout this thread:

Euro's are awesome but quite pricey, too much so.

Not alot of Domestic turbos, but the SRT-4 and Cobalt SS are great options.

5 dudes want me to turbo a mustang.

Everyone agrees that the Japanese cars are the best, in particular the Evo's, also quite a few supporters of the Subies.

For some reason i brainfarted making this list and forgot he Evo X. Just as good as 8 and 9 right?

To a lot of people the real evo died in 2006 with the 4g63, the new evo x has potential just like many cars but the fan based seemed to drop when they tried to open the market up to the average joe.

To a lot of people the real evo died in 2006 with the 4g63, the new evo x has potential just like many cars but the fan based seemed to drop when they tried to open the market up to the average joe.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I thought for some reason that it wasn't quite on the same level, but its still nice.

Get a Subaru......something like this.....

http://www.ricereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wrx-sti-4.jpg

Sexy.

On cars.com, there are Evo 9's with 40,000 miles for $25,000. There are 2009 Cobalt SS Turbos with less than 10,000 miles for $20,000. Why this price discrepancy?

The evo was a 30+k car brand new, also there are much less evo9's imported into the US in 2006 then 09 cobalts, comparing the 2 cars is like comparing payless shoe to the new jordans. The evo 9 is always going to hold its value much better then a cobalt. And thats fairty cheap for an evo9 with the miles, either way get use to the 2500 a year insurance on top of the car payment. The NADA value for the evo's are great, people in the evo community have money so people are willing to pay more for less modded low mile cars. There a lot of evo 9's still going for over 28,000+ people look at them at collector type peices.

The evo was a 30+k car brand new, also there are much less evo9's imported into the US in 2006 then 09 cobalts, comparing the 2 cars is like comparing payless shoe to the new jordans. The evo 9 is always going to hold its value much better then a cobalt. And thats fairty cheap for an evo9 with the miles, either way get use to the 2500 a year insurance on top of the car payment. The NADA value for the evo's are great, people in the evo community have money so people are willing to pay more for less modded low mile cars. There a lot of evo 9's still going for over 28,000+ people look at them at collector type peices.

ahh i see. i did not know this. Makes me think i may have to shy away from the 9 when it comes time to buy a car. even when i have money saved i'd rather stay <$20,000

that car actually looks pretty damn good

Or you can go up a level .... ;)

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/smccorry/Subaru%20Stuff/246.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l263/smccorry/Sophie.jpg

;)

I am awesome:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Omally23/times.jpg

****Not a stock Supra. Average numbers with basic mods. Exhaust, tune, etc.

**from 1990-1993 only 296hp. Same #’s as Dodge Stealth.

I think subies are pretty fugly IMO, except for the 05-06s don't quote me i'm a honda fanboy.

I would go evo if it was me. Just because i've been considering getting rid of my car for one. I just hate the fact that its a 4 door.

Just because you have a fast factory car doesn't mean your not a ricer either. Your prolly end up getting a turbo car slapping a bov on it and end up being just another person that blows off at me in the on coming lane in traffic. :razz:

Hahahahaha wow. seems like theres a big mazdaspeed crowd. The 6 sounds really nice to me...i don't really like hatches...no offense lol

and i forgot the solsitce! it is a pretty nice looking car indeed! added to the list.