Apple keynote today for iPhone OS 4.0 (Engadget.com live link)

SpaceGhost

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/live-from-apples-iphone-os-4-event/

For those that don't want to wait for Apple to post the keynote.

Starts at 1pm EDT (10am PDT)

Maybe some multitasking finnaly, and if so an even shorter battery life. :o

My big wish is tethering at least to an iPad.

I'm sure they will add multi-tasking. Probably wont see flash. I'm excited to see if they pull out something that no-one expected. "4.0 lets you roll it up like a $ bill so that you can snort coke off a hookers ass"....yes, yes, want.

iPhone is $0 as always I am pretty sure, but they haven't got there yet. Verizon would never be in this. The iPhone keynote will be later in July to show the new iPhone. Verizon's iphone can't go into production until September anyway which makes it available in early 2011.

Very cool indeed. Im glad that android is around now to give apple a real competitor in this market. There was no reason to drag their feet so long on multitasking. Ive been holding out for a new handset, as I prefer the metal of the 1st gen to the newer plastic backs, but unless they announce a new one closer to summer I think Ill get the 3GS.

Im excited to see where this game center goes, too!

I can't believe I actually now follow these threads :o Nice updates though. Looks like my playing Pandora and using GPS at the same time will work then? Hopefully I can talk and use GPS at the same time? I guess no matter as I have my iPhone and a Company BB.

iPhone 3G and 2.5g (1st iPhone) will not run multitasking. The 3GS and later will.

Weak. I missed that part. I understand that its slower, but I assumed that since they claim multitasking makes little impact on resources it would work with my 3G.

They may force me to upgrade to a 3Gs or better. I feel like with a new one around the corner I'd be dumb to get a 3Gs now.

F'ing Apple. I said I wouldn't let it come to this (continually adopting their "next big thing").

Edited by twistedfocus
Forgot the s in 3Gs

I can't believe I actually now follow these threads :o Nice updates though. Looks like my playing Pandora and using GPS at the same time will work then? Hopefully I can talk and use GPS at the same time? I guess no matter as I have my iPhone and a Company BB.

Yes you are correct. This is a pretty good Update. I really like the auto grouping of apps, called folders. Been wanting that for awhile now. I am thinking of paying the $99 to become a developer and downloading the SDK to my MacBookAir today, to load the 4.0 now. :D I have and app or two in mind to try to make.

Yes you are correct. This is a pretty good Update. I really like the auto grouping of apps, called folders. Been wanting that for awhile now. I am thinking of paying the $99 to become a developer and downloading the SDK to my MacBookAir today, to load the 4.0 now. :D I have and app or two in mind to try to make.

CR Needs an app. Get some of the Droid Guys to code one for them too :D

WOW! Some really cool stuff. I mean, I have to admit, the iAd portion that is built into the OS and the fact that they have such a HUGE leap forward on apps and vendors over all the competitors, targeting the exact demographics to drive their business like this, I can really see them being the very biggest animal in the smart phone market within the next 1-2 years. Especially here in the US.