what did you run today?

SRTurbo04

According to my daughter, one of my last hotlaps earned me a 14.99 at 91mph in the RAV. (Was waiting till I left to compare the last few and now she can't find them all. So, I never actually saw it. :( However, I did run a few 15.0X's at 90.x's, as well.) It really should've ran at least a 1/2sec faster but it was not liking the weather. With proper air pressure in the tires and a reflash for some 91 (not sure if the ecu will compensate for 93 and above, anyway, never had time this time), it's easy 14's especially without a 285lb driver. lol Either way, I believe I may've been the fastest daily driver/beater there. At least till I left. Oh, 100% stock, minus the full size spare.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big thanks to Anthony and CR for putting on another great event. We're sorry that we broke and shut the track down for a while but fortunately it happened right before lunch with no fluids down.

We were testing out some new launch RPM and finally figured it out on the last pass. Launch was awesome but the drive line didn't like it to much. I wish I had the slip for the 60'.

When we broke, all 4 wheels were locked up. NTR's staff was great and tried using wheel carts underneath each set but nothing worked. Once we saw that, we knew the failure was the transfer case. Since lunch was happening, they allowed us to just pull the T case right on the track. Mikey pulled the case and then they pushed us back to the starting area. At that point, he just fired the car back up and drove it to the trailer in FWD. We put in a spare T case and took it around the pits. The wheels were unlocked but there was still a clunking sound. It seems that the locked T case took out the rear end (or the rear end failed first and took out the T case). We had a spare rear end too but decided it wasn't worth doing the swap on site.

Overall, we're happy. I think we sorted out a few launching issues today that can definitely lead to a deeper 8 on a full pass. We've been very lucky on drive line parts on this car. We were way past due for a failure so it isn't too disappointing.

Put a auto in it, run low 8's all day consistantly. :)

Haha dover knows I am kidding, poor dude was getting it all day from all of us. Its all good though, I am sure once he gets more time on it he will go alot faster.

He did run a fastest of 10.8 or 10.9

Put a auto in it, run low 8's all day consistantly. :)

Because that would be a cop out and no fun:D

Seriously though, we really like shifting the car and the challenges it presents. The technology on the auto setup is definitely there now and the cost is certainly a benefit over what we have to compare with in a clutch/dogbox setup. But we're happy for now sticking with this route.

It definitely wouldn't run low 8s on an auto. Consistent high 8s would not be a problem but we would need to dial up a decent amount more HP to get into the low 8s on an auto trans.

Best Run was 9.919 @137.68 Worst run was 9.956 @ 135.65 and that was at 3:42PM so the track stayed the same all day for me. I made 5 runs all in the pit lane. I could not improve my 60ft all day with tire pressure changes. Best 60ft was 1.400 and worst was 1.429.

They made me borrow a full face mask helmet after the first run and checked me after every run. On the last run they told me I need a full fire suit and jeans were not good enough.

9.55 at 100 mph suttin down befoer 1/8th mile mark due to some weird surgging problem.

with 8 psi in slicks had a 1.32 60ft. way better than the old suspension setting. so hopefully mid to high 1.2s will be the norm as well as my 8.90s.

I spoke to them about that, since they've let us slide in the past.

There was no management present for most of the day, only techs and associates. They said if someone wrecked or got hurt because of a lack of safety equipment, they'd be liable and then some. We can usually get away with our runs because a manager is present. Regin

I apologize for those that got booted.

FYI, I went to the SRT-4 Midwest Regional track rental today at Thompson and they let everyone run without a problem. They didn't even tech the cars.

...oh and it was even hotter today then yesterday at Trails. They didn't even start running until 11:30. 3000+ DA all day.

Nice head you had there.

I read this and I was like, "What the hell is he talking about?" Then, I remembered. :D lol I was bored the night before and out having a smoke and through it on there. I'm absofuckinlutely amazed it didn't shoot off. Took it off last night. Had to replace the spare for some mild to medium offroading today. :D Washed it all up and tomorrow, it goes on a roadtrip. It's being seriously put through its paces this weekend. :grin2:

it tore at norwalk but i never made another pass. i figure it blew out first pass. cause abut half track it started surging and i had to let out. that was the 9.55 at 100 mph pass. first pass with the carb back on. if its not that then i have no feeken idea at all. lol

im building a powerglide for it too i hope it helps.

will have a jw bell, case, 10 clutch drum with steel hub, vasco input shaft, rolerized tail shaft, jw transbrake for pro tree, and some more crap. should hold up just fine.

new 1.76 gearset too.