You die today.....

Mojoe

While I am not afraid of death, I feel I havent had the time to do some of the things I wish I could have. I have been a parent for 16 years ever since I was 17 so I have yet to know the feeling of being an adult and having the freedom of responsibilty. I know you never stop being a parent but I have always wanted to know what its like to just get up one day and not have to worry about another human beings day to day needs. I look forward to bonding alot more with my wife when the stress is gone and the kids are on their own. I hope my kids take a different route than me and learn this prior to becoming parents. We are very fortunate financially(so far) and always talk about just taking a trips to get away, at the drop of a hat but when we think about the logistsics and the fact that kids are in school the majority of a year our own desires are often put on the back burner.

The only way to live a full life is to never stop living. The only way to never stop living is to always have something left to do. If you stop doing things, or run out of things to do then you're not living. So it's not that if you die with something left to do, you've not lived enough. The idea is if you die with nothing left to do, you've not lived enough. If you die having done 1 thing with nothing left to do, you've not lived. If you die having done 1,000 things with 1,000,000 things left to do, then you've lived a full life.

You must also stop doing everything sometimes and just listen to being understanding life. If you do 1 thing you truly understand in your life you will have lived a happy life, but if you do 1,000 things that you do not understand you will have a lived a meaningless life.

I get this. I do. I'm wondering if I'm where I need to pause on doing and take things in a bit.

As for the women in Ohio; no they are not all bad. I've just had the misfortune of running into some extremes. I'm not a fan of the bar scene and not much for drinking unless there's a celebration.

I'm just getting home from snowboarding. By no means are things boring. I feel it's time for something new. I'm just not sure what it is, so I'm looking for it.

A list of things I've done is a little uncomfortable for me to put out there. This thread is very exposing for me.

That's the stupidest fucking quote I've ever heard and keep hearing in my life. I would empty my savings account and have sex with hiv positive hookers with aids then the next day say fuck I'm still alive

Lolz

I'm not ready to die or anything, but I do feel like my life has plateaued. Idk what else to do, I feel like I need a change of scenery. I've applied for some officer slots here on base, thinkin bout throwin some hail mary applications to ivy league grad schools. I wanna do some track days on the bike this spring/ summer.

Who knows. I think before I die id like to run a few marathons, an ultra, drive the baja 1000 and other shit I can't think of.

Lolz

I'm not ready to die or anything, but I do feel like my life has plateaued. Idk what else to do, I feel like I need a change of scenery. I've applied for some officer slots here on base, thinkin bout throwin some hail mary applications to ivy league grad schools. I wanna do some track days on the bike this spring/ summer.

Who knows. I think before I die id like to run a few marathons, an ultra, drive the baja 1000 and other shit I can't think of.

This is where I'm going with this. And plateau is the perfect word. I did Shanton's Road Rally this summer and that was pretty much fucking great. I've looked at a few others and might focus on that a bit more. I actually did forget I was meaning to do this. Free beer for Gabe.

Jesse, I know I would like mountain biking a lot. You know my work schedule, I have a hard time getting to ride my motorcycle and just can't see myself getting into that right now.

Those of you with kid's, I can't imagine the challenge of maintaining a life for you and the balance needed to raise a child and be there for them. I see failures of this every time I go in a store. LOL. Good luck to you on that.

I'm heading back to the hill for more snowboarding. I'll check this later.

Jesse, I know I would like mountain biking a lot. You know my work schedule, I have a hard time getting to ride my motorcycle and just can't see myself getting into that right now.

Haha, well you said you were looking for something new and I'm going to bug you every reasonable chance I get to start riding.

On a serious note I don't see how you are thinking about things like a marathon, an ultra or anything even similar considering the very serious time and training commitment that takes if you don't think you can spare a few hours to go ride a bike.

Haha, well you said you were looking for something new and I'm going to bug you every reasonable chance I get to start riding.

On a serious note I don't see how you are thinking about things like a marathon, an ultra or anything even similar considering the very serious time and training commitment that takes if you don't think you can spare a few hours to go ride a bike.

No. No way am I getting into marathons or an ultra. Road rally is what I was saying I was looking to get into. I have no issue with you bringing up mountain biking all the time. And like I have said for 2 years, maybe next season. LOL

Gabe, I'll keep you in mind for track days

My purpose is to put up with enough of this shit to see a few more things in this world before I disappear off the grid. I've wanted my own island since I was a toddler. One of my earliest memories of 'want'. Dunno why. I know it's a little odd. I know now, I may never achieve that, however, I'm fine with something comparable. Nice plot in the middle of nowhere or the like. :)

There you go. Try living off the grid. Get back to nature. I lived pretty close to it quite a few years ago and it's never quite let my mind. And when and if you get bored and/or can't hack it, let me know your place and I'll keep an eye on it till whatever apocalypse comes. ;)

Having kids and finding the time to do things when married is different.

I go fishing 3-5 times a week during summer. I take my son. If he wants to fish I bring his fishing stuff. If he wants to throw rocks at random stuff so be it.

You adjust to a different lifestyle after you have a family. Your priorities shift. There are a million other things I could do rather then spend quality time with my wife and son. But I choose to do this.

Maybe changing things up might be the push you need to find someone special to share your new found hobbies with.

You might find the girl of your dreams on a mountain bike path.

I would hate to work in the nosc

Its not bad.

No. No way am I getting into marathons or an ultra. Road rally is what I was saying I was looking to get into. I have no issue with you bringing up mountain biking all the time. And like I have said for 2 years, maybe next season. LOL

Gabe, I'll keep you in mind for track days

Thanks. Ill second going mtn biking, Ive ridden w Jesse. Good times, I wanted to ride alot more this season, but I spent most of my time on all my motorized vehicles.

Those who say "fuck death" dont respect life. I lost both my parents in a 2 1/2 year span and I try to take life a little more seriously then just getting fucked up. I feel bad for anyone who says that, shows how pathetic their life really is. Lose something close to you and you will find out how lucky you really are. I still havent accomplished everything I wanted to in my life and I would not be happy to die today. I didnt cope with death through drugs and adult beverages.

Those who say "fuck death" dont respect life. I lost both my parents in a 2 1/2 year span and I try to take life a little more seriously then just getting fucked up. I feel bad for anyone who says that, shows how pathetic their life really is. Lose something close to you and you will find out how lucky you really are. I still havent accomplished everything I wanted to in my life and I would not be happy to die today. I didnt cope with death through drugs and adult beverages.

You have to respect life. Otherwise there's no drive to do anything. Some people go about it a different way. Losing family is a devistating thing to go through. And your lose is something I can not say I have been through. I do feel at times, it takes being in a situation where you could die, to appreciate the life you have. And sometimes realize the things you want to do and NEED to do.