More bad news coming....

Scotty2Hotty

Or the potential for it gentlemen:

President is likely to discuss gun control soon, advisers say. -From NRA-ILA

Here's the New York Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/29/us/politics/29obama.html?_r=3

WASHINGTON — Administration officials say that President Obama, largely silent about gun control since the Tucson shooting carnage, will address the issue soon, potentially reopening a long-dormant debate on one of the nation’s most politically volatile issues.

So it looks like he'll be giving into his gun-hating party members. Again, it'll be more than an uphill battle over this, but given the party and its ties to the Brady campaign, who knows. Looks like the clowns from New York are hard pressed on this one.

Was reading about some of this in my American Hunter mag that they send out to NRA members. I did not know all of this though. They can try as hard as they want but the NRA has our backs and more and more people are for the 2nd Amendment than ever before and they show up in numbers to the polls. The president of the NRA stated in the recent mag that if things get bad they will give us the steps to organise as one and prevent this from happening. I will say this if Obama wants civil war in our country a national form of gun control will give a good probability in this happening and he will lose because the army will not back him and kill our own people. And to the man stating that he wants to move to another country forget that it is our job as citizens in a demorcratic government to fight and make a stand for our rights granted to us in the constitution to insure that big government will not take over us as a nation. Do not leave just wait and when the time is right join the cause...

I am printing out this article and giving it to my dad. He says this stuff will never happen but with all of the tree huggers out there and people that generaly have no clue you never know. I love how the people that are against guns are family members who have suffered through gun crimes. You dont hear of family members of people involved in car fatalities trying to ban cars do you? Of course not because they can see the bigger picture that it was not the car that killed their family member just like it is not the gun that kills the person. Its a human that kills a fellow human not a gun, knife, car ect ect.

Ah great, just in time for the 2012 election. Not like the anti democrat fervor isn't high enough already.

Might as well bring it up, he's destined to be a one termer.

So far there's not even a thought of someone to run against him. The GOP was great at producing nothing for 08 and it looks like they are producing the same nothing again. They HAVE to find a halfway decent candidate if they want a chance and so far the only name I've heard pop up that could pull it off is Donald Trump. I'm a Ron Paul fanatic but realistic enough to know he doesn't stand a chance, along with any of the same old tired candidates from last time around.

So far there's not even a thought of someone to run against him. The GOP was great at producing nothing for 08 and it looks like they are producing the same nothing again. They HAVE to find a halfway decent candidate if they want a chance and so far the only name I've heard pop up that could pull it off is Donald Trump. I'm a Ron Paul fanatic but realistic enough to know he doesn't stand a chance, along with any of the same old tired candidates from last time around.

yeah sad. we're probably going to see a field with bobby jindal, sarah palin, guilianni, and a few other no namers. who knows at this point, no one seems to have really committed.

TO quote Mr. Charlton Heston : "So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore (Obama) : '"I Will Give Up My Gun when you take it From my cold, dead hands"

yeah sad. we're probably going to see a field with bobby jindal, sarah palin, guilianni, and a few other no namers. who knows at this point, no one seems to have really committed.

who the fuck is bobby jindal, sarah palin is way too hated and guilianni is a slimeball who is only famous for being mayor when 9/11 happened.

And? Atleast there's someone still out there trying to protect the 2nd Amendment. Why wouldn't there be any manfacturers or retailers behind the NRA or supporting it?

My point is that every time one of these mailings goes around, ammo and gun prices jump through the roof. When Obama was elected, manufacturers and retailers of guns and ammo started making money hand over fist as people panicked and bought everything they could get their hands on.

I'm just urging caution and suggesting people should look into what's really begin discussed and what the result will really be; not just a worst-case scenario. This is like the oil companies warning about trouble in the middle east. I don't trust disaster predictions from those who stand to gain from them.

I'm not quite sure why everyone is getting so worked up. Nothing will come of this.

Your sense of reason and calmness has no place in modern American political discourse. FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR

who the fuck is bobby jindal, sarah palin is way too hated and guilianni is a slimeball who is only famous for being mayor when 9/11 happened.

the governor of Louisiana? lol...maybe i just watch too many national political news programs

I'm not quite sure why everyone is getting so worked up. Nothing will come of this.

truth. you guys are getting terrified of the word "discuss". if he does nothing, he pisses off the left. if he does something, he pisses off the right. its politics. you can't win, you can only *try* to appease both sides

heres my prediction

here, lets discuss this issue since its become a hot topic lately

*has discussions until issue calms down a bit*

*sits on a desk until the paper withers away*

remember, this is a president that has said firearms should be permitted in national parks and amtrak trains. everyone on the right wasnt too upset with his stance then, were you?