What was your ET today at NTR?

Comebackkid

My best was 12.22@109 with 1.83 60', I'm a little disappointed, but my brakes, can't hold it at the line at all any more. It's time to convert to hydroboost, I should have done it a year ago. I had a good time as always at the CR events, and it was nice meeting some new people.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally made it to a CR event, had a good time. Thanx for having the event and maybe next time I'll give it a shot at the light. Never done it but I'm building myself up for the first time.

Enjoyed seeing some of the rides I see on the CR site and hope to meet more fellas later. Def got a big kick out of Marks Vette, wow. Oh yeah, the stock Camaro too;). Speakin of Camaros, didnt know Scotts Camaro was that quick but I do now. How about Docs Bentley, very cool. I think thats the first time I ever seen one of those in real life. Chris' truck was a cool vehicle to have in the mix I thought. Eriks Javelin sounded really mean and I thought was a nice one to have at any car event. My son had never seen one so that was pretty sweet. Finally, got to love Brian & Gary goin at it, good stuff.

Thanks, I am seriously bummed that it couldn't have performed better tonight. Next time I am going to bring my stock turbo along as well so I can atleast insure that I will be able to at least be in the 13s. I am also going to make sure that I don't throw everything together last minute so I have more patience and actually bring my tools. I was so confident I wouldn't need them today as well as things were running.

I'm not going to make excuses as no one really cares about a high 13/mid 14 second car.

I looked at my tune after I got home. Somehow the previous owner had the stock timing tables all hosed up. I was pulling 10 degrees of timing all through 1st and 2nd gear (should be 18 which was what I was commanding). I also found a bunch of crap in the PCM for the Supercharger that was messed with. I was only making 7-9 lbs of boost too. On the way home just now with the cooler weather I was making a solid 9-10. Weather sucks.

Kinda pissed I ran a 14.3 @ 96 when the previous owner went 14.2 bone stock down to the paper filter.

I know you're not supposed to burnouts with street tires on, but since I've gotten the car with the $5,000 tranny in it I haven't done much. and the tires are almost gone anyways.

Oh well.. shit happens. I had fun.. sort of :).

Ran an 11.34@123 with a 1.72 60' then had to run the nittos. Track went away as the day went on. Found out some things on the way home. Tried to turn on the A/C and it didn't work. Hmm. Weird. Everytime the car was taken out of gear it would stall. Got back to the other side of town and the check engine light came on. Stopped at Autozone and popped the hood. My friend says "TPS is almost out". One screw was gone and the other was 3/4 of the way out. Needless to say, the sensor wasn't doing anything. Went in and bought a couple of screws and put it back in. Tried the A/C again and it worked. Without a TP signal I guess the computer goes into safe mode and won't let the compressor kick on.

Stopped at said friends house and unhooked the battery to get rid of the code. Unload the tires and hook the battery back up and start the car only to get some horrific noise. Sounds like the blower went to poo or something in the valvetrain on the drivers side :(

Blower is already off and apart and looks to be ok, but I will be rebuilding the front drive anyway. Took valve cover bolts off to find out that 4V covers on the drivers side don't want to come off when the motor is in the car. Spent 3 hours taking it apart only to not really find anything out. Stupid Friday the 13th.......

buck, that sucks man, 14.3 isnt bad then for it being screwed up and missing that much timing.

DK, i had a feeling something bad was gonna happen to some one. That really sucks though and hopefully its just something small.

I know. But what made the day better was when left there, went to my bosses house and banked $140 playing poker. That brought my spirits up :).

Garry thanks for letting me drive the unbreakable. It felt good to cut someights again. I cut a .99 light so I was happy and almost beat grays best time. Overall I'm glad I could see all you fags again, and watch out for the dsm. That was his first day at the track, and to go from a 14.2 to a 12.6, I feel good that he will do some work here soon.

I had a good time. I really liked watching the fastest cars, good show. NTR is OK, but nothing beats the old days at Norwalk.

Dave

10.95@128.18

I think I'm near the 60' mark here:

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq240/dhart281/ntr%205-13-11/DSC_0507.jpg

Had a great time meeting some new people and hanging out with old friends. Ran a best of 11.17 at 124. I did not do any full passes in the morning as they were cracking down on people with no cages. I think I could have done a little better when it was cooler. Overall great event.

I had a good time. I really liked watching the fastest cars, good show. NTR is OK, but nothing beats the old days at Norwalk.

Dave

10.95@128.18

Nice to meet ya man, was pitted beside you with the duster

I had a great time yesterday hanging out and rollin the golf cart with Anthony all day. I ran a 14.1 Only like 3rd time at the track for the GTO. I know its slow thats why its my DD LMAO. But good seeing you all and meeting a few of you.

Out of 20 passes, 9 of them were 14.0s at 96mph. I didn't end up getting any 13s :( but I'll get it! I had a blast, it was really nice to meet all of the people I haven't met, and to see some people I haven't seen in forever!

buck, that sucks man, 14.3 isnt bad then for it being screwed up and missing that much timing.

DK, i had a feeling something bad was gonna happen to some one. That really sucks though and hopefully its just something small.

I got the valve cover off this morning and everything looked to be alright there. I'll have the front drive on the blower rebuilt and hope that it isn't in the timing chains. Gave me something to stay busy for a few days though.

Had a great time meeting some new people and hanging out with old friends. Ran a best of 11.17 at 124. I did not do any full passes in the morning as they were cracking down on people with no cages. I think I could have done a little better when it was cooler. Overall great event.

I told the guys that I was there with that in good air and on a pass when the car is cooled down, that it would see 10.70's. It was awesome to see a four door caddy squat down and roll out!

Ran an 11.34@123 with a 1.72 60' then had to run the nittos. Track went away as the day went on. Found out some things on the way home. Tried to turn on the A/C and it didn't work. Hmm. Weird. Everytime the car was taken out of gear it would stall. Got back to the other side of town and the check engine light came on. Stopped at Autozone and popped the hood. My friend says "TPS is almost out". One screw was gone and the other was 3/4 of the way out. Needless to say, the sensor wasn't doing anything. Went in and bought a couple of screws and put it back in. Tried the A/C again and it worked. Without a TP signal I guess the computer goes into safe mode and won't let the compressor kick on.

Stopped at said friends house and unhooked the battery to get rid of the code. Unload the tires and hook the battery back up and start the car only to get some horrific noise. Sounds like the blower went to poo or something in the valvetrain on the drivers side :(

Blower is already off and apart and looks to be ok, but I will be rebuilding the front drive anyway. Took valve cover bolts off to find out that 4V covers on the drivers side don't want to come off when the motor is in the car. Spent 3 hours taking it apart only to not really find anything out. Stupid Friday the 13th.......

You can get them off, just move the master cylinder out of the way. If you want to avoid that, loosen the k member bolts and lower the engine a little bit.