Walking Dead season 2....

Scotty2Hotty

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one underwhelmed? Story feels tactless and lazy right now. Spoiler section.

SPOILERS START

The whole "I get tired but they don't so go get lost while I run far away to kill them instead of just picking your ass up and running back to the group who can easily handle two fucking walkers ... " bit was too stupid to imagine. Then the deer bit? What? Everybody gets all wonderstruck out of nowhere, little boy walks slowly towards deer with stupid smile then gets shot by who I assume is another as of yet unintroduced friendly who just happens to be hunting that very deer, and yet somehow doesn't notice 3 fucking people standing 10 feet away. Yes hunting accidents happen, blah blah blah. Keep in mind this is a deer that has been surviving in a zombie infested world, where as a deer, the only way you could die is if you spotted some zombies and instead of doing as deer often do, run away, you just stood there and let them slowly walk at you. That is very lazy way to tack a shock cliffhanger to a tv show.

Want more awful writing?

Fucking idiot lookout on top of a fucking RV with god damn binoculars somehow doesn't see giant pack of 100 fucking zombies till they're right on top of them.

Mother doesn't run to help her own child in danger of BEING FUCKING EATEN ALIVE, instead sits there cowering like a fool. Then won't even go in after her when she is missing.

Gun shots attract walkers in droves, loud ass fake church bells not so much.

SPOILERS END

The shock cliffhanger is destroying good tv writing. Lots of decent tv shows ruin themselves by constantly having to up the ante, every hour of every show, and there comes a moment when it becomes so crazy and so "shocking" that all suspension of disbelief is broken, and the show starts to suck. Heroes, Lost, Prison Break, and I'm seriously hoping NOT WALKING DEAD.

I'm hoping this is like the Latino gang episode and I can write off, and enjoy the rest of the season. I expected better from Kirkman though.

I have the comics if anyone wants them. Someone give me a ftp server to drop them on.

how much?

Am I the only one underwhelmed? Story feels tactless and lazy right now. Spoiler section.

SPOILERS START

The whole "I get tired but they don't so go get lost while I run far away to kill them instead of just picking your ass up and running back to the group who can easily handle two fucking walkers ... " bit was too stupid to imagine. Then the deer bit? What? Everybody gets all wonderstruck out of nowhere, little boy walks slowly towards deer with stupid smile then gets shot by who I assume is another as of yet unintroduced friendly who just happens to be hunting that very deer, and yet somehow doesn't notice 3 fucking people standing 10 feet away. Yes hunting accidents happen, blah blah blah. Keep in mind this is a deer that has been surviving in a zombie infested world, where as a deer, the only way you could die is if you spotted some zombies and instead of doing as deer often do, run away, you just stood there and let them slowly walk at you. That is very lazy way to tack a shock cliffhanger to a tv show.

Want more awful writing?

Fucking idiot lookout on top of a fucking RV with god damn binoculars somehow doesn't see giant pack of 100 fucking zombies till they're right on top of them.

Mother doesn't run to help her own child in danger of BEING FUCKING EATEN ALIVE, instead sits there cowering like a fool. Then won't even go in after her when she is missing.

Gun shots attract walkers in droves, loud ass fake church bells not so much.

SPOILERS END

The shock cliffhanger is destroying good tv writing. Lots of decent tv shows ruin themselves by constantly having to up the ante, every hour of every show, and there comes a moment when it becomes so crazy and so "shocking" that all suspension of disbelief is broken, and the show starts to suck. Heroes, Lost, Prison Break, and I'm seriously hoping NOT WALKING DEAD.

I'm hoping this is like the Latino gang episode and I can write off, and enjoy the rest of the season. I expected better from Kirkman though.

thing I don't get is the scene with the herd of zombies all of them walk by the RV except 1 for some reason that 1 zombie decides "hey an RV let me check it out" since when did zombies have a brain that functions? also I didn't know zombies could run and think

how much?

thing I don't get is the scene with the herd of zombies all of them walk by the RV except 1 for some reason that 1 zombie decides "hey an RV let me check it out" since when did zombies have a brain that functions? also I didn't know zombies could run and think

I had my gripes for sure but I'm sure I'm just being nerd-whiny and i'll be back in love with the show next week. Hell, I think Carl gets shot in the comics too (can't remember its been years).

I dont look at it as if the zombie is thinking. If they can "smell humans" and can hide there smell by rubbing zombie goo all over them. Maybe the zombie walked past RV and smelled human and looked for a lunch.

As for running and thinking I just thought it was reacting. Food took off and it chased it. It does seem that the fresher zombies are faster then the others which would kinda make sense.

I dont over think The Walking Dead much. Its a badass series and there are a ton of directions the series can take. I like the direction they are heading. The Farm and The Prison look like they may be in this season which could be a whole bunch of damn good shows.

Rob I grumbled under my breath at all that but I'm just happy there is a zombie series on tv that doesn't suck as bad as the rest of cable.

True

Oh and Darrel is a bad mother fucker. The way he stuck that zombie in back of the head was fucking pro.

True

*spoiler above*

if you haven't seen the show yet make sure you scroll past that .gif and read this first.

Hahaha