New TURBO Vette!?

Main3s

Ah...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.............

****BULLSHIT*****

God bless me!

I'm not saying that's a bad thing...it would be such a big jump I can't imagine GM going for it. Seriously. It's GM... :)

no. honestly, look at GM. do you think they can make a motor that will rev to 10k rpms, and last 100k miles?? the correct answer is no. i'm guessing the motor will be a smaller displacement, direct injection, OHC motor---who knows. not going to sell my vette, and get in line for one of these

I hope it is bullshit. GM has been VERY successful with the LSx line of motors, and keep upping the bar with them. They are getting great fuel mileage for a V8 (and far better fuel mileage than competitor performance cars of similar or lesser power output).

Now a Twin Turbo LS9 from the factory would be getting it done nicely.

What the C7 "should" be:

- Slightly lighter than the current C6

- Base C7 should make C6 Z06 power levels, in the same way that the base C6 LS2 made the similar power to the C5 Z06

- ZR1 should be over 700HP for the C7.

- Handling should be improved for all

GM should not mess with a very successful formula - the best bang for the buck all around sports car sold. They should just raise the bar even higher.

I hope it is bullshit. GM has been VERY successful with the LSx line of motors, and keep upping the bar with them. They are getting great fuel mileage for a V8 (and far better fuel mileage than competitor performance cars of similar or lesser power output).

Now a Twin Turbo LS9 from the factory would be getting it done nicely.

What the C7 "should" be:

- Slightly lighter than the current C6

- Base C7 should make C6 Z06 power levels, in the same way that the base C6 LS2 made the similar power to the C5 Z06

- ZR1 should be over 700HP for the C7.

- Handling should be improved for all

GM should not mess with a very successful formula - the best bang for the buck all around sports car sold. They should just raise the bar even higher.

Shouldnt have a shit interior or peices fall off

I don't see that happening. If so, I see fail in their future. The success of the current platform isn't something I see GM Fucking with. If anything they should do as already noted, up the base HP of the standard vette to 500hp, move the ZO6 to perhaps a turbo version of the LS9 with say 650-700hp and up the ZR1 to new heights as well. We all know they can do it. Fuck can you image the response they would get if GM hit the streets with a full production 850hp monster.

They no doubt have to do something as Ford is really stepping up their game and for me, the new Pony's are becoming awfully attractive. Especially since while the Vette is sexy as hell, it does only seat two. I'd love to have a 10-12 second Daily capable car that can haul four.

They just have to begin watching price. I'll never buy a new Vette for what they want for them. Such a waste of money vs waiting for a low mile beauty.

everything i have heard from GM "sources" says it will have a streetable version of the C6R's 5.5L for the base car. it will still be OHV but will have direct injection and make around 450 hp.

......Waiting for Phil from The Motor City to chime in and clarify things a bit.

It also mentions a mid-engine setup. This steers radically away fromt the Corvette heritage, but in all honesty with this "rumored" setup, to include the small displacement turbo V8, it would put the Corvette more on par with super cars rather than keeping it a simple "sports car." GM has absolutely been successful with the current LSx line of engines and platforms, however, I think they are looking further towards the future than people think. With the old, crotchety baby boomers dying off within the next decade or less (taking with them their disposable incomes and love for "muscle") I think the big domestics are going to take a hit in regards to the sales of those cars typically bought and driven by fan boys and gear heads. In fact, the classic car industry as a whole could potentially notice a significant decline in the values of "era correct" and "matching number" American classics simply based off of a lose in demand. GM (and the others) will need to design and produce vehicles (even the top notch ones) to appeal to the masses rather than a limited collection of enthusiasts.

I think they are going to go more like the LSA route with a 5.5L C6R based setup with some form of Turbo/Supercharger. I also won't be surprised if the next Vette is mid engine since they have been talking about it for so long.

I just wish they would get the quality and feel up. To much shared crap with the other POS GM models. For instance the $100k ZR1 has/had the same steering wheel as the $20k Solstice. Not to mention they need to get more exclusive and out of the poor mans sports car class that the base Vette carries....

But without making significant changes, that source acknowledged, younger sports car fans will continue to be “conquested” by more modern, high-tech imports.

Anxious to attract the sort of high-performance buyers increasingly drawn to European sports cars from the likes of Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini

:dumb:

And who would have thought that turbo 6 ecoboost would outsell the V8's in the F-150.

It's all in the details. It was on month (May), Ecoboost V6 was 41% of sales, 3.7L V6 (non-turbo base engine) was another 14% with the remaining 45% going to the 2 V8's (5.0L and 6.2L). So the combined V6 sales outsold the combined V8 sales (55%>45%), but the Ecoboost V6 did not outsell V8's (41%<45%). Even the articles with the headline "Ecoboost V6 outsells V8" have the numbers I just quoted, which contradict that statement. Still, that's a big deal; V6's outselling V8's and the Eco-boost is probably the single biggest seller if you consider all 4 separately.

Hopefully this seals the deal and finally puts GM into a hole they cant recover from.

:dumb:

Shit Chevrolet>Mitsu any day.

Luckily if they do it it won't be the only Engine available. However they need to start looking at their powertrains. The LS series was released in what? 1997? Designing started in the late 80's? It's time. They need to steal a few Engineers from Ford. Granted it took 21 years, but the Mod motors are finally making power. If the ZR1 had been a bigger hit in the early 90's GM would have stuck with DOHC.