Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

my friend says wisky will beat osu by 14 points or more when we meet on 29 OCT. i put $100 on the fact that wisky will not do this.

what thinks yee?

You're gonna lose $100

They will stop the run and make Braxton throw. OSU lost by 13 last year, Wisconsin is better this year and OSU is nowhere near as good

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me how Florida St has 2 losses yet are in the top 25? If you say because they lost to ranked teams I am gonna argue, they should've lost those games anyways and were over rated from the get go. I think they are better teams with 0-1 loss then Florida St

I do feel LSU is the #1 team in the country, I have watched all their games and hands down have the fastest defense I have seen in recent years. Also another team to keep an eye on is Florida, they have burners at running back, especially Demps. The dude ran a 9.96 100m at NCAA tourney, thats fucking moving. Considering the state of Ohio's record is 10.3 held by Brandon Saine lol

Some big games this week coming up (bold are my predicted winners)

#14 Texas A&M vs #18 Arkansas

#13 Clemson vs #11 Va Tech

#3 Alabama vs #12 Florida

#8 Nebraska vs #7 Wisconsin

Upset pick:

Auburn over #10 South Carolina

Yeah, Florida State can GTFO of the polls.

Also, I saw that Michigan State crept back in. Keep on hitting the bong, pollsters.

There are a lot of nice games coming up. Josh, you have Florida beating Bama? Gutsy pick. I guess we'll find out a lot about both of those teams after Saturday.

Also, Josh, I'm with you: LSU looks fantastic, and they're my #1 in the country. Alabama is #2 on my list. The SEC West looks more like the AFC East this year.

USCw got beat and I chuckled.

Tell me how Florida St has 2 losses yet are in the top 25? If you say because they lost to ranked teams I am gonna argue, they should've lost those games anyways and were over rated from the get go. I think they are better teams with 0-1 loss then Florida St

I do feel LSU is the #1 team in the country, I have watched all their games and hands down have the fastest defense I have seen in recent years. Also another team to keep an eye on is Florida, they have burners at running back, especially Demps. The dude ran a 9.96 100m at NCAA tourney, thats fucking moving. Considering the state of Ohio's record is 10.3 held by Brandon Saine lol

Some big games this week coming up (bold are my predicted winners)

#14 Texas A&M vs #18 Arkansas

#13 Clemson vs #11 Va Tech

#3 Alabama vs #12 Florida

#8 Nebraska vs #7 Wisconsin

Upset pick:

Auburn over #10 South Carolina

Demps 9.96 and saines 10.3 are apples and oranges. That 10.3 is the state of ohio hs record. Demps is a world caliber sprinter. I guarantee osu's 100m record is high 9s.

I do have Florida knocking off Bama purely based on the speed that Florida has on offense and I have not been overly impressed with Bama. The most impressive team to me as we both agree on is LSU leaps and bounds over anyone else.

How is it comparing apples to oranges? I was showing how fast Floridas backs are by posting Demps 100m time. That has nothing to do with the OSU's 100m record, but has everything to do with Demps being a fast fucker in a football uniform. Saine was the fastest 100m runner on OSU's roster the last 4-5 years.

BTW NCAA record for 100m dash: 100

9.92 Ato Boldon' (UCLA) Eugene, Oregon 6/01/96

So what are you attempting to argue?

Florida State is kinda banged up though too. They lost their starting QB during the OU game and stayed within 10. They didn't have their starting QB for the Clemson game and lost by 5 on the road. I think people just want to be quick to deny their being "back." I don't know if they're "back" but they're definitely on the right track.

And LJ, you might be right that OSU loses by more than the 13 they lost by last season but simply saying OSU is worse than they were and Wisconsin is better than they were (not sure I agree there - they still haven't played a remotely decent team - we'll get some idea this weekend when they play Nebraska but I think Nebraska is horribly overrated) is not the reason why. They gave up over 100 rushing yards to both FCS South Dakota and UNLV already this season. Nebraska is very one dimensional much like OSU is so that will be a good demonstration of how well they can truly stop the run. If they keep Nebraska under 150 yards rushing then I'll believe they can stop OSU's running game.

I do have Florida knocking off Bama purely based on the speed that Florida has on offense and I have not been overly impressed with Bama. The most impressive team to me as we both agree on is LSU leaps and bounds over anyone else.

How is it comparing apples to oranges? I was showing how fast Floridas backs are by posting Demps 100m time. That has nothing to do with the OSU's 100m record, but has everything to do with Demps being a fast fucker in a football uniform. Saine was the fastest 100m runner on OSU's roster the last 4-5 years.

BTW NCAA record for 100m dash: 100

9.92 Ato Boldon' (UCLA) Eugene, Oregon 6/01/96

So what are you attempting to argue?

attempting to argue that you are comparing demps' NCAA or Olympic Trials time to Saine's high school times

Theres really nothing to argue about honestly. I stated that Demps went 9.9x, while the fastest player in recent years for tOSU as far as 100m is concerned ran a 10.38. I dont care if Saine ran it in highschool, jr high or fresh out of the womb, the fact is no one on tOSU team is even close to being as fast as Demps. I am not a Florida fan by any means, but they have the fastest offense I have seen all year at the skill positions and LSU is the fastest on defense.

I would have to agree that Wisky is better this year then they were last year. They have never had a qb like the one they do this year. They are not just a 1 dimensional team like in years pass where you knew they had a 240lb back that was going to follow the mammoth linemen they always seem to have. They now have a 2 dimensional qb that can beat you with his legs and feet. While I really hope tOSU beats Wisky, I just don't see it happening.

It's possible. Don't think anyone but Meyer knows any more than that right now. He has said on air that not coaching is killing him but at the same time he realizes his health is better for it.

In other relevant coaching news, have been reading lately that Rich Rod is basically a lock to take over UCLA after this season.

I would much rather have John Gruden then Urban Meyer. Gruden is a "don't take no shit" type guy and will demand the best from his players on and off the field. Where Urban has a track record of letting Florida kids get away with murder, look at all the players arrested while Urban was coaching at Florida. If you think free tattoos was headline news in Columbus, wait til he lets the same shit happen that he did in Florida.

I still think its Fickells job if he can pull off a half decent season. The higher up's at tOSU have got to know the situation he was tossed into and the lack of actual talent/expierence this team has. I think it's the fans who are down on Fickell, only due to their own unrealistic expectations. It will be interesting to see how fans tones change should the Bucks win out or only lose 1 more game. Reach a BCS game and then who's gonna be calling for a head coaching change? I think the only change that needs to be as far as offense goes is a new OL, QB coach and offensive coordinator. Its been the same bland offense the last 10 years and its just now starting to catch up with tOSU because the level of talent here isn't enough to overcome the horrific play calling.

I still think its Fickells job if he can pull off a half decent season. The higher up's at tOSU have got to know the situation he was tossed into and the lack of actual talent/expierence this team has. I think it's the fans who are down on Fickell, only due to their own unrealistic expectations. It will be interesting to see how fans tones change should the Bucks win out or only lose 1 more game. Reach a BCS game and then who's gonna be calling for a head coaching change? I think the only change that needs to be as far as offense goes is a new OL, QB coach and offensive coordinator. Its been the same bland offense the last 10 years and its just now starting to catch up with tOSU because the level of talent here isn't enough to overcome the horrific play calling.

I'm down on Fickell and I don't think I have unrealistic expectations. What, me thinking he should have played Miller over Bauserman is unrealistic? I actually think that's not only realistic but prudent, and the product on the field supports that.

We reach a BCS game and I might get on the Fickell bus. Don't think that's going to happen, though. Imagine how loud the chorus will be for Fickell's head if we get smoked a few more times this season.

I'm down on Fickell and I don't think I have unrealistic expectations. What, me thinking he should have played Miller over Bauserman is unrealistic? I actually think that's not only realistic but prudent, and the product on the field supports that.

We reach a BCS game and I might get on the Fickell bus. Don't think that's going to happen, though. Imagine how loud the chorus will be for Fickell's head if we get smoked a few more times this season.

sad but even a 8-4 season and he'll be roasted. even inheriting this shithole of a mess.

I don't think ANY coach would go better than 9-3/8-4 with this team this season

Do you honestly believe that Tressell would've started Braxton over Joe the first 3 games of the year? Cmon now, that wouldn't have happened. They appear to have done the right thing by easing him into the starting job, and even then he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread at this point. I agree with LJ, I said before the season started that a 4-5 loss season was easily possible given the lack of expierence, talent and suspensions. I just think we've grown so accustomed to a NFL calibar player leaving and another one stepping right in to fill the void that we are now spoiled haha.

What happens when Braxton loses a game for OSU by making freshman mistakes? Does the chorus then call for his head and the "put Guiton/Graham" guys start coming out of the woodwork? Remember Pryors freshman year when he fumbled against PSU? The media and fans ate him alive, hell the dispatch was calling for Tressells job for putting a true freshman qb in. I don't think you're always going to make everyone happy, but Fickell is doing the best he can with what he has in my opinion.

What happens if OSU lets him go and brings in say Urban. Urban goes say 9-3, Fickell goes to another school and does the same, is that really an improvement? The old saying of you don't know what you got til its gone could very well ring true in this case. If Fickell isn't the man for the job then atleast make it to where he is retained, he is great for the program as both a coach and a recruiter

I say give him 1 more season, next years schedule is a little easier in my opinion

Miami Ohio

Cincinatti

California

UAB

@Michigan St

Nebraska

@Indiana

Purdue

@Penn St

Illinois

Bye Week

@Wisconsin

Michigan

Wisconsin will be starting a new qb next year, Nebraska will be at home and MSU will be starting a new qb as well. Those 3 games look much more winable to me next year. Plus Braxton will have nearly 2 years in the program by time the season rolls around (enrolled early) and OSU returns a ton of starters next year (lose 2 current starters on offense both linement) They only lose 2 starters on defense (Moeller and Sweat). Now there is always transfers and early leavers but I really don't see any of these current guys leaving early for the NFL.

sad but even a 8-4 season and he'll be roasted. even inheriting this shithole of a mess.

I don't think ANY coach would go better than 9-3/8-4 with this team this season

Agree and agree, I guess. Though, if I concede that a few losses this year are an inevitability, then I suppose I'll be most interesting in seeing how we lose. Losing a few close games is okay; get smoked repeatedly is just unacceptable.

The only 2 teams that I can see potentially smoking OSU are Wisky and Nebraska. Even then its really just Wisky that bothers me vs our defense. I think OSU's defense was better last year, yet Wisky pounded their asses and add in the fact of Russell being a mobile qb for wisky and it could get ugly. I guess well find out a lot in the next few weeks