Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I remember when a bunch of Cincy fans were incessantly talking shit about Ohio State (maybe when we lost to Purdue?) and how they would smoke us, etc. Oh how I would have wished for Ohio State to have played Cincy that year. Didn't Cincy get smoked by Florida in the Sugar Bowl that year?

Yep. Was the same year they had that "bUCkeye State" shirt. They got real full of themselves. Then got raped by Florida (not that OSU hasn't gone down that road before...lol) and lost their coach.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Was the same year they had that "bUCkeye State" shirt. They got real full of themselves. Then got raped by Florida (not that OSU hasn't gone down that road before...lol) and lost their coach.

Isn't that when Gilyard made some inaudible statement about being able to beat OSU too? Went something like "*mumble**mumble**mumble*OSU*mumble**mumble**mumble*beet em *mumble**mumble**mumble* ya dawg *mumble**mumble**mumble*"

Yeah lol and Tebow went off for his best passing statistic game ever! The final score of that game was 51-24

"Tebow threw for a career-high 482 yards and three touchdowns, ran for 51 yards and another score, and fifth-ranked Florida overwhelmed No. 4 Cincinnati 51-24 Friday night in the Sugar Bowl."

He was 31 of 35 with 3 TDS passing and another one rushing lol. Basically he put on a clinic against UC's defense.

Thats the same year OSU beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl...

I remember when a bunch of Cincy fans were incessantly talking shit about Ohio State (maybe when we lost to Purdue?) and how they would smoke us, etc. Oh how I would have wished for Ohio State to have played Cincy that year. Didn't Cincy get smoked by Florida in the Sugar Bowl that year?

yup, right after our coach left us high and dry... (12-0 'season' that year, coach booked for ND 2 weeks before bowl game...). I wasnt one of hte people saying we would "smoke" OSU, but if there was a year we had a chance, it was that year. Keep in mind, in 2002, we lost literally by the fingertips of missing a TD catch at the end of the 4th quarter. Then in 2004, we got smoked 27-6 in our first game of the season (finished season 7-5). And again in 2006 we got smoked 7-37

Now where hte 'shit talk' initiated was in 2008 when a strong bearcats team was emerging, and OSU wanted to cancel the 2012 game... and then in the end negotiated moving it to OSU... so it was trash talk that OSU was scared to lose to a team before starting b10 play, etc....

Yeah lol and Tebow went off for his best passing statistic game ever! The final score of that game was 51-24

"Tebow threw for a career-high 482 yards and three touchdowns, ran for 51 yards and another score, and fifth-ranked Florida overwhelmed No. 4 Cincinnati 51-24 Friday night in the Sugar Bowl."

He was 31 of 35 with 3 TDS passing and another one rushing lol. Basically he put on a clinic against UC's defense.

Thats the same year OSU beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl...

yea... that was depressing. but I would argue that any team would have struggled not to lose BADLY against FL that year in that game. They had just come off a lose to AL where they thought they would be going to an NC game beforehand after spending the whole season as the #1 or #2 seed, then the whole Urban Meyer 'illness' came out and committed to rallying his team to 'one last go'... Tebow in his final game, Urban in his final game (at least thought at the time)... all kinds of emotion going on there... They were extremely motivated is what I am getting at. With Tebow, Hayden, Pouncy,etc.. they were stacked (9 NFL drafted players that year)...

Not to use it as an excuse, the bearcats played poorly.

yea... that was depressing. but I would argue that any team would have struggled not to lose BADLY against FL that year in that game. They had just come off a lose to AL where they thought they would be going to an NC game beforehand after spending the whole season as the #1 or #2 seed, then the whole Urban Meyer 'illness' came out and committed to rallying his team to 'one last go'... Tebow in his final game, Urban in his final game (at least thought at the time)... all kinds of emotion going on there... They were extremely motivated is what I am getting at. With Tebow, Hayden, Pouncy,etc.. they were stacked (9 NFL drafted players that year)...

Not to use it as an excuse, the bearcats played poorly.

No, I totally agree with you. Florida definitely had a ton going for it that game, both just on the field product as well as all the intangibles that you mentioned (e.g., Tebow's last game, Urban's last game). Florida would have beaten just about anybody badly that game.

The thing that pissed me off about Urban was the fact that he came back when he shouldn't have. If he would have just stayed retired and moved on, fine by me. But he came back for another year, realized he shouldn't have early in the season, and did nothing about it. He was in over his head, and he quit. There were several problems with the team that he didn't even attempt to fix, and it was obvious he wasn't the same coach. He knew early in the season that he wouldn't come back, so basically 2010 was a complete waste and all it did was set the program back and delay the inevitable.

Like I had said before, Wisconsin hadn't faced a real defense yet this season. First real defense they face and Wilson throws 2 INT's, gets an intentional grounding penalty in his own end zone for a safety and MSU blocks a FG and then a punt for a TD.

Will be interesting to see what happens next week. Wisconsin could be mad and see a down OSU team as a way to take out some anger or they could be down on having most likely lost any national title hopes and show up flat against an amped up OSU team with a new life in them. OSU now controls their own destiny... win out and they're in the Big 10 championship game. Would put the odds of that happening at about 5% but that's infinitely better than the 0% it was before Wisconsin lost tonight.

I love how all of a sudden every Buckeye fan thinks they are worthy of being in the conference championship game. We're not a good team at all!!!! Bicranium, look at all those things you just listed and think about that for a second, it took all those things to go wrong for MSU to beat Wisconsin. MSU is a much better team then tOSU is, tOSU will not beat Wisconsin next week.