Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

When you're Ohio State's FORMER offensive coaching staff...lol. They so gone pretty much immediately now. That was a very fitting and hilarious finale for those retards.

My wife even knows that is the worst call ever. Fickle should punch them all in the mouth for making him look that dumb.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spike the ball on 3&6?

:dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: infinity!!!

My 12 year old son knows more about football apparently. He said they should have thrown a short pass and used their legs to get yac instead of spiking it.

Glass half full.... We had one of the hardest schedules and didnt have a losing season.

:dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: :dumb: infinity!!!

My 12 year old son knows more about football apparently. He said they should have thrown a short pass and used their legs to get yac instead of spiking it.

Glass half full.... We had one of the hardest schedules and didnt have a losing season.

Glass half full we will have a real coaching staff next year, not a group that can't coach a middle school team full of girls

Glass half full we will have a real coaching staff next year, not a group that can't coach a middle school team full of girls

isnt the only difference in coaching this year compared to your last how ever many years is the absence of tressel? its not like fickel is calling the offense, is he?

isnt the only difference in coaching this year compared to your last how ever many years is the absence of tressel? its not like fickel is calling the offense, is he?

He isn't. But the 2 best offensive minds on the staff from last season (Tressel and Hazell) were not with the team this year. That's why I specified that this was a hilarious and fitting finale for this offensive staff. Some of the defensive guys may be retained.

He isn't. But the 2 best offensive minds on the staff from last season (Tressel and Hazell) were not with the team this year. That's why I specified that this was a hilarious and fitting finale for this offensive staff. Some of the defensive guys may be retained.

i thought all the osu fans cried about how they hated tressel for being to conservative and stuff

one of the hardest schedules?

akron

toledo

miami

colorado

illinois

indiana

purdue

only 5 of your 12 games would be considered hard

not saying michigan had a tougher schedule, because ours was about the same strength as yours

I hate to say this, but thanks to Hoke for bringing a team in to revive the rivalry. What a great game, other than the final score, to watch today. Hard hitting and back and forth most of the way. Just wish that they could have won the last one for Fickell. How about Meyer "Not wanting to be in the booth today". Just name him coach already!

I hate to say this, but thanks to Hoke for bringing a team in to revive the rivalry. What a great game, other than the final score, to watch today. Hard hitting and back and forth most of the way. Just wish that they could have won the last one for Fickell.

Im with you- it was a fun game and i was constantly on the edge of my seat.

Glad the rivalry is back, it was getting getting quite boring watching OSU thump them every year. It was a great game as far as slugfest go. Anyone that thinks Etienne Sabino is good is a fool, that kid is slow as fuck. Shazier is a future all american in the making, kid was a beast even on a gimp leg.

I was the hardest person on Braxton all year, thats quite evident in this thread lol, however he did show some moxy and played pretty decentd. My favorite play of his today was where he leaped and stretched the ball out to pick up the first down. He did miss 3 wide open TD's though by over throwing the ball badly. He also had some shitty looking balls, the 1 to Brown was a beauty though.

Corey Brown needs to ride the bench, aside from the TD catch he was horrible this game and all year. The kid can't catch and its not becasue he's young. The defense let me down the most today, there was no push from the d-line at all. Johnathan Hankins was MIA, aside from Simon there was no one else playing on the d-line.

The refs were fucking horrible, there were so many holding calls, shoves in the backs ect that should've been called on Michigan. I won't be one of those fans that blame the refs on a loss, but a few calls against them would've been nice lol.

Well Michigan gets to brag for 364 days now, becasue its back to the norm starting again next year lol. Fat shit Hoke is looking like a savior to Michigan fans, we'll see how long that love fest last once they start losing.

I turned on the t.v. and doug lessells was talking about naming Meyer coach next week and then he went in to talking about tressel being in Michigan to talk with the team before the game. The kids were loud so I couldn't hear everything. Does anyone have details on what they were talking about?

Johnathan Hankins was MIA, aside from Simon there was no one else playing on the d-line.

The refs were fucking horrible, there were so many holding calls, shoves in the backs ect that should've been called on Michigan. I won't be one of those fans that blame the refs on a loss, but a few calls against them would've been nice lol.

Hankins has basically played on 1 leg the last 2 weeks as well. That's why he hasn't shown as well the last 2 weeks. Also he got held massively a few times today as you mention in your 2nd point. I was lol'ing hard when they finally called Michigan for a hold on their final drive... then tacked on a personal foul. It was hilarious to me that they finally decided to call something so late.

I turned on the t.v. and doug lessells was talking about naming Meyer coach next week and then he went in to talking about tressel being in Michigan to talk with the team before the game. The kids were loud so I couldn't hear everything. Does anyone have details on what they were talking about?

Meyer may be named HC as early as tomorrow. Probably no later than Tuesday. Tressel talked to the team before they got on the bus for Ann Arbor on Friday.

Yeah the officiating today was horrible. Back to my heisman talk for a second, how is Monte Ball not in consideration? Look at his stats vs Richardsons

Monte Ball- 1466 29tds 6.6 average plus 5 more TD's receiving

Trent Richardson- 1380 20tds 5.8 average plus 2 more TD's receiving

I just don't see the love fest with Richardson outside of the fact that he plays for Alabama...

Another player that should be looked at is Matt Barkley

3528 yards, 67.6% 39td's 7ints

Compare that to Andrew Luck

3170, 70.3% 35tds 9ints

^^ Luck is playing right now so his stats will go up some, but still pretty close. Is the Heisman awarded to the best player in the country or the best player on one of the best teams that play either RB or QB? Lol

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

I've never said this, but Josh I agree with u on the heisman debate. Problem is Richardson did it last yr as well so he got the start up hype, and barkelys team is on probation. I think barkely will be better since the pressure won't be on him like it is on luck.

Go blue

Haha see I'm not that bad of a guy, only thing I don't agree with most others on is the Urban thing and Braxton being a good passer this year lol.

Richardson wasn't even the best back on his team last year yet he got all sorts of love. I just don't get it, I really do believe there is an SEC bias in the media and thats not because I am a B10 fan, I have a couple buddies that live and die Pac12 football and they all say it too. I have not seen 1 thing from Richardson that made me say "oh damn that dude is sweet". Today he had a simple cutback that turned into a long run, all the announcer kept saying was "thats a heisman moment if i've ever saw one" "thats why he will be the heisman winner" ect...it was a cutback that you should expect from any D1 level running back and his speed is not all that great because he got caught from behind.

BTW tonight Barkley went 35/42, 423 yards with 6 Tds, also edited my comparison of he and Luck with up to date yard/td and int stats

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

I counted about four passes where, had Braxton not overthrown the receivers, they would have been sure touchdowns.

Another thought, we could have won the vast majority of games we lost this year. I'm not sure that makes me feel better or worse.

If there's any good that can be taken to losing to Michigan, it's that I'm now reminded of how much I despise them. I guess that kind of got lost in all the curb-stomping we did of them this past decade.

I counted about four passes where, had Braxton not overthrown the receivers, they would have been sure touchdowns.

Another thought, we could have won the vast majority of games we lost this year. I'm not sure that makes me feel better or worse.

Should make you feel better. I pointed it out on the last page I think, OSU lost 5 of their 6 games this season by a TD or less. That's something that can be easily fixed by going from below average coaching to elite coaching.