Official Football 2011 Thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

You're retarded. First off, there are TONS of sources saying Johnson has been offered a position.

lol... I'm retarded? I was joking about the Schad thing. I saw some reports of the LJ Sr. offer and since no one I consider credible verified it or even vaguely spoke of it I considered it garbage. Which it is. DL will be coached by Fickell or Vrabel. You think Fickell is only going to be co-DC and not coach a position group? And I'm retarded?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... I'm retarded? I was joking about the Schad thing. I saw some reports of the LJ Sr. offer and since no one I consider credible verified it or even vaguely spoke of it I considered it garbage. Which it is. DL will be coached by Fickell or Vrabel. You think Fickell is only going to be co-DC and not coach a position group? And I'm retarded?

Because he is going to be the AHC and take care of a lot of things for Meyer. I NEVER EVER once said that he would only be Co-DC, he will also be AHC. With the promises made to Meyer about being able to go see his daughters play VB in season and Meyers own self imposed time constraints, AHC will actually play a role on this staff.

Where has it been said that Fickell will be AHC? I know Withers will be. Fickell will be as well? So is Withers also not coaching a position group either? Good grief... we're going to need another waiver (permanent this time) since apparently we will be needing to exceed the limit of coaches to fill the still empty safeties coach position and hire Larry Johnson Sr.

Where has it been said that Fickell will be AHC? I know Withers will be. Fickell will be as well? So is Withers also not coaching a position group either? Good grief... we're going to need another waiver (permanent this time) since apparently we will be needing to exceed the limit of coaches to fill the still empty safeties coach position and hire Larry Johnson Sr.

You're right on Withers. Most likely he will take care of safeties too. He is a Secondary coach by trade.

So Withers will be able to handle the daunting task of co-DC and AHC AND a positions group? But Fickell can't and won't? Hmmmm...

huh? I never said anyone COULDN"T handle shit.....

I stand by that Johnson has been offered the DL job. If he takes it or not, that remains to be seen. Just because fucking Nevada didn't say it, doesn't mean it isn't true. Get his nuts out of your mouth.

If he takes it or not does not remain to be seen because there isn't a spot for him...lol. It's not about nevada's nuts being in my mouth or Schad's being in yours, it's about the number of coaches allowed. Let me lay it all out for you since you're having a hard time...

10 coaches total allowed

HC - Meyer

OC/QB coach - Herman (MY GOD ANOTHER COORDINATOR HANDLING A POSITION GROUP? HE MUST BE HAVE HERCULEAN MENTAL STRENGTH!)

RB coach - Drayon

WR coach - Smith

TE coach - open (possibly Hinton from ND)

OL coach - open (possibly Studrawa from LSU)

Co-DC/AHC/DL or LB - Fickell

Co-DC/AHC/S - Withers

DL or LB - Vrabel

CB - Johnson

If he takes it or not does not remain to be seen because there isn't a spot for him...lol. It's not about nevada's nuts being in my mouth or Schad's being in yours, it's about the number of coaches allowed. Let me lay it all out for you since you're having a hard time...

10 coaches total allowed

HC - Meyer

OC/QB coach - Herman (MY GOD ANOTHER COORDINATOR HANDLING A POSITION GROUP? HE MUST BE HAVE HERCULEAN MENTAL STRENGTH!)

RB coach - Drayon

WR coach - Smith

TE coach - open (possibly Hinton from ND)

OL coach - open (possibly Studrawa from LSU)

Co-DC/AHC/DL or LB - Fickell

Co-DC/AHC/S - Withers

DL or LB - Vrabel

CB - Johnson

It's being rumored that OL is going to do TE as well. Which would open the spot for Johnson at DL.

BTW

(MY GOD ANOTHER COORDINATOR HANDLING A POSITION GROUP? HE MUST BE HAVE HERCULEAN MENTAL STRENGTH!)
quit being fucking retarded and insinuating I said something I never did.

It's being rumored that OL is going to do TE as well. Which would open the spot for Johnson at DL.

And would put Fickell where? You SERIOUSLY think he's not going to coach a position group? What defensive coordinator anywhere doesn't also coach a position group?

And would put Fickell where? You SERIOUSLY think he's not going to coach a position group? What defensive coordinator anywhere doesn't also coach a position group?

You could end up having the DL and LB split between 3 coaches. Interior Line and DE, LEO and OLB and MLB.

TE split between OL and WR

I personally think Meyer is trying to get a DL coach because he either doesn't want to keep Fickell around for more than a year, or doesn't see Fickell staying around for more than a year. Personal opinion. With him bringing in Withers, who is a completely capable DC, it leads me to believe that more and more.

Ah ok, as long as its a step up from the video coordinator then I am ok with that lol.

And I guess Meyer takes the ST personally. He puts prep for upcoming series on his coords and solely focuses on ST during every upcoming ST play. A former UF player I've chatted with on another forum says that is most hands on and controlling Meyer is during a game.

LOL Indy is out of the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes, watch Jacksonville lay down because they don't want him in Indy and in their Division.

How do you figure this? They lose next week and are guaranteed the #1 pick...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7383915/indianapolis-colts-secure-no-1-pick-week-17-loss

Either way Indy would still most likely end up with Luck. St Louis and Minnesota both have young qb's they drafted in the last 2 years who they like. That would put the Colts at 3rd where they would most likely land Luck unless Minny or St Louis traded which I dont think they would. Minnesota will most likely take the Tackle from USC and St Louis will take a WR (most likely Blackmon)

How do you figure this? They lose next week and are guaranteed the #1 pick...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7383915/indianapolis-colts-secure-no-1-pick-week-17-loss

I think there is a chance you honestly see a game of "who can be the best at being the worst"

The only reason Jaxonville would look to lose is like NightHawk said "to keep Luck away from the colts", but the Colts are going to play dead for 60 minutes if they are smart lol. This is a time where Herm Edwards is wrong, they won't be playing to win the game, they will be playing to win the Luck sweepstakes.

There is word that RG3 might be returning to Baylor, apparently he doesn't want to "let the fans at Baylor down". How could he? The kid won the Heisman while playing for Baylor, no one cared about that school before this year, he is now most likely a top 5-6 pick with Barkley staying in school. Might as well strike while the irons hot, I mean going back for a senior year has hurt players draft stocks in the past, cough cough Matt Leinart and Jake Locker

The colts could trade Manning and draft Luck, Manning will get them more draft pics and will free cap room too, and they get a young QB. Manning might have at best 3 good years left if he is healthy. I'll LOL if MJD kneels in the endzone for a safety with no time on the clock when the score is 0-0.