What auto vac/cleaner do you have?

Sully

I use a regualr shop vac, both small hand carry and the large sit on ground type. I would love to have one of the hang on the wall types. They can be had for around $50 and they have long hoses that come with them. It would be so nice to be able to pull into the garage and start cleaning rather than getting one of the other 2 off the shelf and dragging it around trhe car because the hose is so short and the cord gets stuck under a tire.

I have a little Shop-Vac auto one from X-mas two years ago and love it. It has like a 20ft hose and I got a attachment thing in the same place for all shop vac for like 10 bucks to really getting into tight places. It also mounts on the wall and stays out of the way. I couldn't find it online at lowes, but I'm sure you can find something. It is easy to take off the wall with the mount they give you so you can move it outside or around if needed.

It would be so nice to be able to pull into the garage and start cleaning rather than getting one of the other 2 off the shelf and dragging it around trhe car because the hose is so short and the cord gets stuck under a tire.

x100000000000000000

Pisses the hell out of me when I think the shop vac is close enough and I reach in the car and the hose falls out because the cord wedged itself so far between the floor and the tire.

I have a <$50 one from Target that I've had for a few years. Uses bags inside the canister which makes clean up nice, but they aren't required. Keeps the filter / exhaust clean.

My only recommendation is to buy one that you know will have accessories available for readily vs a no-name one that might not even be sold by the store in a year or two.

I do also have a very nice Sears Wall mount unit with 30' of hose. That's the one I use most and while it was more money, it's a professional solution that is always in the right place when needed. Damn thing will suck up a small animal even over all that distance.

Rigid 5hp shop vac from Home Depot. It's the same vacuum AudiOn19s uses for detailing and he's put it through hell and back and it keeps on going. It will also pick up just about anything and is cheap.

+1 It's this one, smallest 5hp unit on the market, has wheels, can be drug around by the hose without worrying about damaging the hose, more power in a small package than anythign I've found to date. Usually get 1.5-2 years out of them easily using it ALL THE TIME which means for normal use it should last you a very long time.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Wet-Dry-Vacuums/h_d1/N-5yc1vZb8pi/h_d2/Navigation?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Only other thing I'd suggest is a wall mount canister unit if you're just using it for your cars. Mount it on the wall near your cars in the garage, they generally come with like a 20ft hose on them and are very convenient. Problem is they are a little spendy and they're wall mounted so you can only vacuum cars in the garage, with the rigid I can take it in the house and do the floors if I want then put it right back in the grage or wherever.

Andy

I've had this one for about 13 years now, and still have yet to replace the filter (typically I just shake it out and throw it against the ground to clean it out) I vacuum my car and my wifes car about once every two weeks, sometimes more in the summer. When this one eventually dies, I'll be getting another one.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00917967000P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=G9

The Bissell Little Green Machine is amazing for a little carpet cleaner. I have used it in a few cars over the years.

Other than that any small shop vac is great. I picked up the car cleaning kit to go with my Craftsman... Gives you a really long hose that is like 1.5" rather than the 2"+ that comes on the vac so it is easily maneuverable throughout the car and garage, as well as a bunch of handy attachments

This is the one I was talking about, but mine is the stardard blue not this yellow. $80+ $13-15 Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-9520262-5-Gallon-4-5-Peak-Mounted/dp/B00005AXI1

Like I said it is easy to take off the wall and use it other places, but the I didn't say that the cord on it is only 3-4 long if that if I'm remembering right. Love it!

This is the one I was talking about, but mine is the stardard blue not this yellow. $80+ $13-15 Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-9520262-5-Gallon-4-5-Peak-Mounted/dp/B00005AXI1

Like I said it is easy to take off the wall and use it other places, but the I didn't say that the cord on it is only 3-4 long if that if I'm remembering right. Love it!

I really like this one mainly because of the wet/dry feature. Just wish it was 10hp like the Hoover dry vac models though. How is the suction on yours?