Acura of Columbus

Dr. Pomade

I'm considering a purchase of a vehicle there (an MDX, if you're interested). I've not done business with them before. This will be my first Acura. I think I've done my homework on the vehicle I'm about to purchase, but I don't know much about Acura of Columbus. Anything I should know that would make me want to steer clear of there?

Not trying to be paranoid, just trying to be informed.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to the audi? or are you buying 3 cars now? :lol:

Not acura of columbus, but I purhcased a new TSX from Acura of Dayton a couple years ago. The dealership was very professional, and hte car has been great. Acura/Honda does make a good product, that is for sure.

I have also had good experiences with Columbia Acura here in Cincinnati...

what happened to the audi? or are you buying 3 cars now? :lol:

The MDX is for the wife.

The Audi is still in play for my DD. Haven't quite decided on that one yet. I figured I would just get the SUV situation resolved first.

And, technically, yes, I will be buying three cars: one for Ashley, one for my DD, and the summer "fun" car.

I will leave it said that you would be better if you were to go to Lindsay Acura... Its worth the drive and I live in Dublin.

Cindy (who used to work at Columbus Acura FWIW) is who I would deal with. If you have your car worked on Craig (SinisterSS) on here is top notch as is Wyan and Matt in the service department.

My parents have an 07 MDX

My wife had an 04 RSX-S before kids

She currently drives an 08 RL

My only recommendation would be you might want to wait 6-months. The ALL new MDX should have info released by the summer and you can decide if you want the last year of the old body-style (current) or the new one...

We were 95% set on the MDX for my wife but have now decided to wait. Only problem is she likes the X3/X5 more now so we may get another BMW....

I'm considering a purchase of a vehicle there (an MDX, if you're interested). I've not done business with them before. This will be my first Acura. I think I've done my homework on the vehicle I'm about to purchase, but I don't know much about Acura of Columbus. Anything I should know that would make me want to steer clear of there?

Not trying to be paranoid, just trying to be informed.

I work down the street from Lindsay Acura, they're good guys. I've sold their service manager a car, and my mom's bought a car from them. Always followed up after the sale/service appointments. Plus, when you visit them you can stop by and thrash a FIAT.

I work down the street from Lindsay Acura, they're good guys. I've sold their service manager a car, and my mom's bought a car from them. Always followed up after the sale/service appointments. Plus, when you visit them you can stop by and thrash a FIAT.

any new dates on the abarth?

My only recommendation would be you might want to wait 6-months. The ALL new MDX should have info released by the summer and you can decide if you want the last year of the old body-style (current) or the new one...

We were 95% set on the MDX for my wife but have now decided to wait. Only problem is she likes the X3/X5 more now so we may get another BMW....

Is it going to be a 2012.5? If not, then it will be more like early fall. That's 'almost' a year out. But ya, I was going to post the same thing. It would suck to buy a car at full price now and have buyers remorse when the new one comes out in 6-9 months because it's a 'better' car.

I though maybe they would release it (2013 MDX) at NAIAS, but that's not the case. They are releasing the ILX (concept), 2013 RDX and NSX (concept).

Along with what everyone else has said, Lindsay Acura is definitely worth the drive. It's been a few years since I've dealt with them. Though, I can say that back when I bought my RSX Type-S there, they treated me with a lot of respect. Something you don't encounter a lot at dealerships when you're young (was 19 at the time). If I was ever in the market for another Honda/Acura, Lindsay would have my business.

Is it going to be a 2012.5? If not, then it will be more like early fall. That's 'almost' a year out. But ya, I was going to post the same thing. It would suck to buy a car at full price now and have buyers remorse when the new one comes out in 6-9 months because it's a 'better' car.

I though maybe they would release it (2013 MDX) at NAIAS, but that's not the case. They are releasing the ILX (concept), 2013 RDX and NSX (concept).

I was told the info would be released in/by the summer and arriving at dealers in probably Oct. Then again, it would be nice if they were out early Jun-July...

It's an Acura, no one smart is paying full price for one... ;)

Any word on what the new MDX is supposed to look like/be like?

I'm not in dire need to make a purchase right now - waiting six to nine months is easily doable.

It's suppose to be a little larger and look more like the newly updated TL. If they don't come out with a more powerful engine, its going to fail. A 300hp V6 just doesn't cut it in the luxury class it falls in. Don't get me wrong, its more than enough for the wife/kids but it needs more...

If you do decide to get a current one, you shouldn't be paying more than invoice. You can pretty much walk into any dealer in Houston and get $500 over invoice so you can do better if you shop.

BASE- MSRP $43,815 - Invoice $40,296

TECH- MSRP $47,490 - Invoice $43,628

ADVANCE- MSRP $53,440 - Invoice $49,024

For rear DVD add MSRP $1,900 -Invoice $1,723 to the above model...

That's not including any incentives that may come available. As the new one is released they will probably have pretty big rebates to clear the old model...

They have a loaded 2011 (new) MDX - with technology and entertainment package (including rear DVD), the upgraded wheels and tires, fender flares, ski rack thing on the top, etc., etc. for $56k out the door - tax, title, everything.

They also have a loaded 2012 TL - AWD, upgraded package, etc. - for $46k out the door.

Good deals, bad deals, or about right?

They have a loaded 2011 (new) MDX - with technology and entertainment package (including rear DVD), the upgraded wheels and tires, fender flares, ski rack thing on the top, etc., etc. for $56k out the door - tax, title, everything.

They also have a loaded 2012 TL - AWD, upgraded package, etc. - for $46k out the door.

Good deals, bad deals, or about right?

Holy shit, $56k for a fuckin ACURA? WOW!