Acura of Columbus

Dr. Pomade

I test drove the MDX and didn't notice anything unusual. In fact, I very much enjoyed it - rode more like a sedan, sits up high enough to make you feel like you're in an SUV but not so high as to make you think you'll topple over going around corners. I wasn't overly impressed with the power, but then again it's for the wife so that doesn't matter all that much.

I made offers to buy both the 2011 MDX and the 2012 TL. They didn't accept them. At one point, the salesman did the whole "let me show you how little money we're making" on the MDX. I asked to see the paper, wrote "John's Bank Account: -$XX,XXX" and said, "Here's how much money I'd lose on this deal." The salesman did not know what to say to that.

So, don't think I'll be buying from Acura of Columbus. Will likely check out Lindsay. Like I told the salesman at Acura of Columbus - I'm not in any dire need to buy a vehicle today. It's always a buyer's market.

I don't really have anything negative to say about Acura of Columbus. Of course, I wish they would have seen things my way and sold me the cars and the price I offered, but business is business, and nothing personal. FWIW, the salesman I worked with there was a decent guy, despite his standard salesman tactics. I don't take them personally.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the RDX is too small for what I need. I've looked at the X5 and the Mercedes GL, but they get real pricey real quick. This is going to be a car my wife runs into curbs with, shit gets spilled in, and my kids puke in - the less I spend on it the better.

Also, the RDX is too small for what I need. I've looked at the X5 and the Mercedes GL, but they get real pricey real quick. This is going to be a car my wife runs into curbs with, shit gets spilled in, and my kids puke in - the less I spend on it the better.

Kids :no: , RIP Johnny.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

speculation is a beautiful thing

What part of the plant to do work? ;)

Yep, prices get silly on some of them very quick. The MDX is still a great buy, just hard for me to get one today knowing a new one is right around the corner..

Kids :no: , RIP Johnny.

You ever heard of stay-at-home mothers?

I have.

Listen, it's all about genetic fitness, my friend. Find a hot mate that cooks, cleans, and takes good care of your kids. Have as many kids as that hot mate can tolerate. Leave your legacy in genetic material of offspring. Use your free time not raising kids to race GT-R's and play Assassin's Creed.

Yep, prices get silly on some of them very quick. The MDX is still a great buy, just hard for me to get one today knowing a new one is right around the corner..

I think I'm with Jones (and Clay) and have an X5 or Q7 (or the GL, like Clay said), but all of those are a bit too pricey for my wants and needs. Also, I'd figure the maintenance costs (long term) will be higher on the Europeans.

You ever heard of stay-at-home mothers?

I have.

Listen, it's all about genetic fitness, my friend. Find a hot mate that cooks, cleans, and takes good care of your kids. Have as many kids as that hot mate can tolerate. Leave your legacy in genetic material of offspring. Use your free time not raising kids to race GT-R's and play Assassin's Creed.

While I do appreciate you're (feeble) attempt to balance the inevitable destruction of the human race as we know it, your attempt is a drop in a bucket. The social degenerates are replicating at a rate that those with IQ's above 100 just can't touch. Eventually your offspring will be consumed in the feeding frenzy of the stupid.

God Speed Johnny, God Speed!

LOL

OP,

you looked private party on autotrader et al. ?

Yes, I did look at autotrader. There was a white 2011 MDX that I found on there that is coming into some dealership in Connecticut (Imports Unlimited, I think?) that I called about - it has low miles (3000), the entertainment and tech packages, and they were only asking $39K. The salesman at the dealership said it hadn't come in but would call me when it did. $39K on a 2011 MDX with those packages is definitely on the low end of what I've found - so low that I'm almost suspicious of it.

There were a few others that I found on autotrader that seemed interesting. IIRC, there was a white 2011 MDX in Memphis that has low miles, though I think they wanted in the area of $46K for it.

While I do appreciate you're (feeble) attempt to balance the inevitable destruction of the human race as we know it, your attempt is a drop in a bucket. The social degenerates are replicating at a rate that those with IQ's above 100 just can't touch. Eventually your offspring will be consumed in the feeding frenzy of the stupid.

God Speed Johnny, God Speed!

:( :( :(

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

:lolguy:

Joke's on you.

Everyone knows my offspring are immune to conventional harm. It's the result of their DNA being infused with healthy dose of hair gel, bronzer, awesomeness, and metrosexuality. Mix those things together and you've got a recipe for both evolutionary success and a great dubstep party. It's science, and there's no debating science.

It's science, and there's no debating science.

Tell that to this fucker:

http://radiofreethinker.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pope-benedict.jpg

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0810/fossils-bible-jesus-god-stupid-atheist-christian-scientists-demotivational-poster-1225320813.jpg

This is going to be a car my wife runs into curbs with, shit gets spilled in, and my kids puke in - the less I spend on it the better.

An used van? These vans are made for running into things, offers ample space for another reproduction of a kid, and space to shop-vac the vomit up.

EDIT: and it seems that you cannot live without bronzer and hair gel. These vans have a ridiculous amount of cupholders and storage spaces for you and your metrosexual kids to have easy reach to hair gels and bronzers.

EDIT 2: Flex with EcoBoost.

An used van? These vans are made for running into things, offers ample space for another reproduction of a kid, and space to shop-vac the vomit up.

EDIT: and it seems that you cannot live without bronzer and hair gel. These vans have a ridiculous amount of cupholders and storage spaces for you and your metrosexual kids to have easy reach to hair gels and bronzers.

EDIT 2: Flex with EcoBoost.

No to the van.

Yes to flexing.

No to flexing with EcoBoost.

Yeah if you want an underpowered POS.

Last time I checked, most wives wouldn't consider 288 hp underpowered. It's a crossover, who cares.

BTW, the MDX has 300 hp and they're both rated at 270 ft-lbs. Acadia at 3400 rpm and MDX at 4500. I don't typically keep my crossover revved to 4500 rpm that often. 12 horsepower and about a 100 pound difference in weight means my butt dyno won't notice the power difference of my wife's baby hauler.

Not to mention $49k for a loaded one thats worth $35k in 1-year...no thanks!

You can buy a loaded one with nav, AWD, and DVD for about $46,000. Find me a one year old Acadia Denali with less that 40,000 miles for $35,000 and I'll stroke a check for it yesterday. Would love to have it for our used car lot.

Now that I'm done ranting... In all seriousness, we sell about 20 Acadia Denalis a month and everyone that has one loves it. 90% of them have families and compared them to the MDX when they bought theirs. They're more practical and are more comfortable than the MDX. If you want a crossover that rides more like a sports sedan, buy the MDX. Something tells me if the OP wants to drive something like he stole it, it won't be the same vehicle his kids piss, shit and puke in. :gabe:

Did you, or have you driven the TL?

Not pushing it, as it wouldn't be my first choice, but I do like them. Just saw you made an offer on it so I was wondering what you thought of it. Really that car is probably a bit much from a performance standpoint for a baby hauler, wife car. Obviously with 4klbs and 300hp it's not blindingly fast or anything, but enough to get someone in trouble very quickly. The suspension is probably a bit stiff for an average drivers liking.

Yes, I did look at autotrader. There was a white 2011 MDX that I found on there that is coming into some dealership in Connecticut (Imports Unlimited, I think?) that I called about - it has low miles (3000), the entertainment and tech packages, and they were only asking $39K. The salesman at the dealership said it hadn't come in but would call me when it did. $39K on a 2011 MDX with those packages is definitely on the low end of what I've found - so low that I'm almost suspicious of it.

There were a few others that I found on autotrader that seemed interesting. IIRC, there was a white 2011 MDX in Memphis that has low miles, though I think they wanted in the area of $46K for it.

well....it s worth a look anyway, no?

You can buy a loaded one with nav, AWD, and DVD for about $46,000. Find me a one year old Acadia Denali with less that 40,000 miles for $35,000 and I'll stroke a check for it yesterday. Would love to have it for our used car lot.

Now that I'm done ranting... In all seriousness, we sell about 20 Acadia Denalis a month and everyone that has one loves it. 90% of them have families and compared them to the MDX when they bought theirs. They're more practical and are more comfortable than the MDX. If you want a crossover that rides more like a sports sedan, buy the MDX. Something tells me if the OP wants to drive something like he stole it, it won't be the same vehicle his kids piss, shit and puke in. :gabe:

Come to Houston they are here..... It's all personal preference and IMO with the MDX you actually get some handling out of the thing (for a SUV). The Acadia feels like its going to roll over. I understand you sell them so you like them but personally I would NEVER buy one or even recommend one. Not to mention the MDX has a better AWD system for the winter and doesn't feel cheap all over IMO...

Come to Houston they are here..... It's all personal preference and IMO with the MDX you actually get some handling out of the thing (for a SUV). The Acadia feels like its going to roll over. I understand you sell them so you like them but personally I would NEVER buy one or even recommend one. Not to mention the MDX has a better AWD system for the winter and doesn't feel cheap all over IMO...

Not just me bruh. Sold a fully loaded one to a engineer at Honda on Friday. He could have bought an MDX for the same $$.

:fuckyeah:

This is going to be a car my wife runs into curbs with, shit gets spilled in, and my kids puke in - the less I spend on it the better.

6 months into ownership, my wife decided to take her extended escalade through the 'outer' mcdonalds drive-thru marked "no SUV's". scraaaaaape/dent. my 3 kids also make the truck their personal trash bin---half eaten suckers everywhere, etc etc. the dvd players are the only thing that make travel with them even remotely possible.

Did you, or have you driven the TL?

Not pushing it, as it wouldn't be my first choice, but I do like them. Just saw you made an offer on it so I was wondering what you thought of it. Really that car is probably a bit much from a performance standpoint for a baby hauler, wife car. Obviously with 4klbs and 300hp it's not blindingly fast or anything, but enough to get someone in trouble very quickly. The suspension is probably a bit stiff for an average drivers liking.

No, I didn't drive it. I was considering the TL for me as a daily driver. I offered to buy both the MDX and the TL together as a "package deal."

Have you driven one? In all likelihood, I will not buy a TL, but I might still test drive one anyway.

6 months into ownership, my wife decided to take her extended escalade through the 'outer' mcdonalds drive-thru marked "no SUV's". scraaaaaape/dent. my 3 kids also make the truck their personal trash bin---half eaten suckers everywhere, etc etc. the dvd players are the only thing that make travel with them even remotely possible.

This guy gets it.

And the wife and I have already decided that DVD in the back is absolute necessity.