best non ipod mp3

AWW$HEEET

I use a Sony Walkman in the gym. Thought they were only old school, but that's what they call their mp3 player now. I think Mine's an 8 gig. Had it a few years. I like it.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=8198552921666364173&langId=-1&XID=O:nwze465blk:dg_gglsrch:pe

Google music holds 20,000 songs in the cloud, so no need to clog up your phone storage.

Audiogalaxy streams any mp3 on your computer to a windows/mac/ipad/android. No need to upload all 20k songs to a ghey cloud :megusta:

Cowon hands down. If you care anything at all about what your music sounds like ditch the ipod and get a Cowon.

With Google Music, if I stream my library (10,000+ songs) to my phone then no one at my house can use the internet so your best bet is to pick about 200 songs to stream and not your library.

Also, almost any newer rooted android phone has a better sound card and media player in it than an IPod.

With Google Music, if I stream my library (10,000+ songs) to my phone then no one at my house can use the internet so your best bet is to pick about 200 songs to stream and not your library.

?

Google Cloud ---over mobile network-->> Phone

How is this effecting your home internet? Fuck I can stream my entire library just fine even if I'm on 2g, granted I probably don't even have 5000 songs.

Then ofcourse you can make music available when offline, so you can still play it if you were to lose your data connection.

I haven't played with the cloud stuff yet, but last time I tried to use google music to stream music from my computer to my phone our internet was worthless. Turn off google music and it runs smooth.

I do rip my music in losless format so most of my songs are not 256kbps, more like 3-4 times that size. With over 10k songs it doesn't work very smooth.

Regardless, for me personally I'll always keep my music on a device so I can have better sound quality. If sound quality does not concern you, the cloud and your phone will be better than an IPod.

I respect your aversion to crapple products. Thinking outside the box...PSP? Nook Tablet or modded Color? I know you said you want a sep device but really...your basic android phone does it all without all the proprietary nonsense or d-bag image of an iPud.

I respect your aversion to crapple products. Thinking outside the box...PSP? Nook Tablet or modded Color? I know you said you want a sep device but really...your basic android phone does it all without all the proprietary nonsense or d-bag image of an iPud.

i kinda want something small to workout with.

I don't mind Apple products, I just think a good number of the owners tend to be tools lol. I use a 8GB Sandisk Sansa with 16GB MicroSD card for music during my workouts. It's thin and the armband is comfortable. Goes well with Sennheiser CX300 earphones and shirt clip :)

If you're looking for a multimedia mp3 player though, I'd probably say the Zune is a better choice.