Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

Many people feel that is all it is. Les Miles has done the same thing to LSU twice now and both times has gotten a pay raise (Michigan/Arkansas) haha.

Apparently Rod Smith and Jordan Hall have switched numbers? Not real sure whats up with that, maybe this confirms Hall got his medical redshirt? A lot of people expected Jalin Mashall to wear #7..

Yeah, there's no reason for Hall not to have received his medical redshirt. And unless I'm having a brain fart here, no one wears #1 on offense right now right? I know Roby wears it on defense and people have talked about him possibly going both ways. Wonder if Jalin or Zeke will take #1.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to wonder if Gibson's grades have taken a turn for the worse... former Akron Buchtel WR and current JUCO WR Corey Smith is visiting this weekend. Currently committed to Mississippi St. Bill Greene from Scout has him on commitment alert now for this weekend.

And now nevada posting that the James Quick saga isn't over. Some "non-insider" from Louisville posted that almost immediately after Quick committed during the Army game and was mocked for it. Looks like he may have known something after all.

Maybe there was some truth to the rumors that Quick's dad nixed OSU the week of the Army game and maybe Quick is working on getting pops to let him go where he really wants.

Greene setting the early line on commitments this weekend at 2. Gotta figure Smith as one.

Here's the visit list...

JUCO WR Corey Smith (Akron, OH) - official

2013 WR Shelton Gibson (Cleveland Heights, OH) - official

2013 TE Marcus Baugh (Riverside, CA) - official

2013 DL Joey Bosa (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - official

2013 LB Chris Worley (Cleveland, OH) - official

2013 DB Vonn Bell (Rossville, GA) - official

2013 ATH Cornelius Elder (Nashville, TN) - official

2013 ATH Jalin Marshall (Middletown, OH) - official

2013 ATH Ryan Timmons (Frankfort, KY) - official

2013 P Johnny Townsend (Orlando, FL) - official

2014 OL Marcelys Jones (Cleveland, OH)

2014 DL Daniel Cage (Cincinnati, OH)

2014 LB Kyle Berger (Cleveland, OH)

2014 DB Damon Webb (Detroit, MI)

2014 DB Erick Smith (Cleveland, OH)

2014 ATH Marshon Lattimore (Cleveland, OH)

Bolded names are uncommitted.

I told you that something was up with Gibson, no way in hell does a kid who has been an OSU fan his entire life suddenly put West Virginia neck and neck with Ohio St, unless there is a grade issue. I don't believe Quick will end up at Ohio St either and OSU has already dealt with enough dads who are more hassle then they are worth, think Anzalone.

Many believe that if Ryan Timmons is offered he will commit on the spot, not sure why he hasn't gotten an offer yet but is coming in on a visit?

I believe this class ends like this

Worley

Elder/Timmons (If Elder doesn't commit this weekend, Timmons gets his offer and does so on the spot).

Save the rest for 2014 when numbers are looking to be low and the class loaded with kids who have OSU in their top 3.

Brian Kelly interviewed for the Eagles job and reports that the Bears are also interested.

talk about dedication, that guy has NONE! what a fucking douchebag. this is probably his ONLY chance to ever get into the NFL though.

his resume:

Grand Valley State 1991-2003 13yrs 118-35-2

Central Michigan 2004-2006 3yrs 19-16

Cincinnati 2007-2009 3yrs 34-6

Notre Dame 2010-??? 28-11

looks like he has a 3yr commitment and that's it

talk about dedication, that guy has NONE! what a fucking douchebag. this is probably his ONLY chance to ever get into the NFL though.

his resume:

Grand Valley State 1991-2003 13yrs 118-35-2

Central Michigan 2004-2006 3yrs 19-16

Cincinnati 2007-2009 3yrs 34-6

Notre Dame 2010-??? 28-11

looks like he has a 3yr commitment and that's it

Sounds like another coach I know....:lolguy:

Any word if the spring game got moved to Cincy like Urban was trying to do?

It did. They actually just announced the spring practice schedule.

The first spring football practice will be Tuesday, March 5. A second practice will be held March 7 and then the team won’t practice again until March 19 as the week of March 11-15 is spring break. The LIFESports Spring Game will be April 13 at Paul Brown Stadium.

And still didn't go to a bowl game. They would have gotten thrashed and I would have loved it.

They would have been beaten by Alabama no doubt, but I think they would have handled ND.

NC game would have been Ohio St. vs Note Dame, OSU getting thrashed by ND?? dream on hooker! dream the fuck on, Buckeyes would have spanked ND's ass like a $2 whore

And had that happened, it would have shown that the NCG doesnt always have the actual best team(s) in football...

and millions of football fans both for and against SEC would have cried whether or not a 1 loss Alabama should be in the NCG or an undefeated B1G or ND team....

What kinds of things were they saying? About Ohio State or just about everything non-SEC?

About ND mostly. Usual school kid stuff from calling the ND players pussies to laughing at TE'O when he'd miss a tackle saying he deserved none of the awards he got and they should go to SEC players. Laughing at when they showed the ND fans despair and some crying, to the usual SEC is god rhetoric....

I agree, but unfortunately, this reality shows that would have been the wrong 2 teams....

But no one would have known. Just like this SEC slurpfest we've seen since 2007 wouldn't be as bad as it is if OSU and Michigan would have had a rematch in Glendale.

No one was slurping the SEC back in 2006. It's pretty crazy to think about. I remember going into that title game thinking "hehe... OSU is from the Big 10... they know how to play some tough football if they have to. Florida with that stupid spread is all finesse. Easy win." Then I had a dream a couple days before the title game where OSU was being blown out and Florida's DL was killing Troy. Not joking about that. I thought it was a hilarious dream.