Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I don't think that OSU team would've beaten Florida State. They might have held their own against Tennesee but damn FSU was pretty beasty that year with Peter Warrick.

Wait, so 1998 Ohio State might have beaten that Tennessee team, but not FSU? Yet, that Tennessee team beat FSU. FSU > Ohio State > Tennessee > FSU?

:confused:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. And the fake super fan acts are annoying as shot

What fake super fan acts? Serious question - I listen to the show regularly, but I'm not sure what you're referencing.

Do you have an iPhone? It always autocorrects "shit" to "shot" on mine.

What fake super fan acts? Serious question - I listen to the show regularly, but I'm not sure what you're referencing.

Do you have an iPhone? It always autocorrects "shit" to "shot" on mine.

Neither of them are really OSU Indians or browns fans. It's all an act for the show.

It was handcent sms auto correct

Some scary stats about the defense...

OSU is 86th in the country when it comes to 20+ yard plays allowed

OSU is 97th in the country when it comes to 30+ yard plays allowed

OSU is 110th in the country when it comes to 40+ yard plays allowed

OSU is 118th in the country when it comes to 50+ yard plays allowed

Just 2 years ago under Tressel/Heacock OSU was 10th, 1st, 1st, and 1st in those same categories.

Also, Braxton "He's an OK/decent player" Miller is catching up to Geno in ESPN's Heisman Watch...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman/index

Unless his stats drop off suddenly or he gets hurt (very possible) it's hard to see him not being invited to NYC in December.

Just the experience and recognition of being invited would be an awesome reward for a kid who can't go to a bowl game through no fault of his own.

Vanderbilt backed out of the home opener vs OSU next year according to reports today. Braxton is just an OK qb, he is an AMAZING athlete, sorry I call it how I see it. Dude still doesnt throw the best passes, makes sophmore mistakes. He gets by on his athletic ability alone 90% of the time, which by all means is fine not only for a team which really has nothing to lose this year and a college player. Doesn't usually transition well to NFL, hello Pat White! BTW I think I have been less critical on Braxton this year than I was last year, sorry you can't get over the past haha.

Someone posted this in regards to the LB issues OSU is having right now:

2009:

Dorian Bell (Transfer)

Jordan Whiting (Transfer)

Storm Klein (Suspended 2 games, missed most of fall camp and is dinged up a bit)

2010:

Scott McVey (Physically unable to play)

David Durham (Transfered)

Jamel Turner (Didn't make it to school)

2011:

Curtis Grant (Light hasnt come on yet)

Ryan Shazier (Dinged Up)

Connor Crowell (Backup)

2012:

Camren Williams (backup)

David Perkins (backup)

Luke Roberts (backup)

Jamal Marcus (backup)

Josh Perry

Add to that list, Sabino who is injured. Throw in Ejuan Price who decommited from OSU, Jordan Hicks who chose Texas over OSU and Trey Depreist who chose Alabama over OSU. Both of whom were from Ohio, Depreist was supposedly Braxtons best friend from what I read during his recruitment. Its really no suprise OSU is in trouble right now.

Braxton is just an OK qb, he is an AMAZING athlete, sorry I call it how I see it. Dude still doesnt throw the best passes, makes sophmore mistakes. He gets by on his athletic ability alone 90% of the time, which by all means is fine not only for a team which really has nothing to lose this year and a college player. Doesn't usually transition well to NFL, hello Pat White! BTW I think I have been less critical on Braxton this year than I was last year, sorry you can't get over the past haha.

So lets disregard the fact that the WR's keep dropping perfectly thrown balls.

Then lets disregard the fact that Braxton is 34th in the country in passer rating.

Then we can disregard the fact that he has 60% completion

Let's look at the fact that this is the best QB play we have had in 6 years and all you can do is complain that you only think he is an "ok" QB

Also, Pat White was rated the best passer during the 2009 Combine, was drafted in the 2nd round, and was waived and retired after a major head injury.

Didnt the Dolphins try White at other positions outside of qb as well? Lets disregard the fact he throws lame duck looking passes, over throws wide open recievers, under throws open recievers, throws behind recievers...in exchange I'll over look the dropped passes, that work for ya? So the perfectly thrown balls you talk about are what, 5 total on the season? Most of which are by Devin Smith, smh. I dont agree that this is the best qb play we've seen in 6 years either, TP was pretty decent while here. Hell had he not fucked up off the field he had a chance to 1. Go down as the winnigest qb in NCAA history 2. Heisman front runner 3. Win a NC