Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

http://i.imgur.com/MGdl2.jpg

On a side note, I was down at UC campus last week, in Dubois Bookstore, and I saw some shirts/stuff with that on it... I lol'd.... :lolguy:

I'm doing exactly what I didnt want to do, and getting pulled into another OSU vs. UC argument.... I was just wanting to point out that it is hypocritical to critisize Vandy for pulling out of a game, when OSU does, and has done, the same thing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they did opt out to take a buyout....because UC contacted them about the schedule issue. I'm sorry you don't see that. You act like everyone here said OSU never backs out of games. I think you are just upset. Pretty much every article but the one you posted mentions Cincy and their schedule issue and TCU joining the big east. Pulled into? HAHA how about not spewing your opinion as fact.

Yes, they did opt out to take a buyout....because UC contacted them about the schedule issue.

You are so dumb it hurts... am I talking to a brick wall?

Let me try to break it down for you

YEAR 2008:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/13640-ohio-state-football-buckeyes-snake-out-of-road-game

Recently, Ohio State opted to take a buyout of the 2012 road game. Boldly, Cincinnati AD Mike Thomas and Head Coach Brian Kelly negotiated to keep the game, but Ohio State will now pay the Bearcats $1 million to play the game in Columbus. Kelly said of the situation, "You know how I feel, I'll play anybody, anywhere, anyplace. My philosophy has always been that we need to play Ohio State. If they don't want to play here, I'll play them in a parking lot in Xenia."

OSU DIDNT WANT TO PLAY UC... UC negotiates to keep game, but played in Columbus instead of Cincinnati.

Year 2011:

BE turmoil ensues, game with TCU needs to be scheduled, so UC asks OSU to move to 2018, which they agree. TCU backs out of BE, but OSU/UC decide to leave as is, and UC finds another game instead.

So stop twisting what happened to make it like UC tried to get out of it from the go... when it was the other way around.

Footnote fact version:

-2008, OSU wants to get out of 2012 game with UC (for unknown reason, bleacher report says its because UC is on the rise and OSU wanted a softer opening schedule)

-2008, UC says "hey we still want to play" negotiates with OSU to keep game, but moved from cincinnati to columbus so OSU can retain home field advantage.... all is well with the world.

-2011, BE turmoil ensues, UC asks OSU to move game to 2018 so they can complete their realignments needed for a 2012 schedule. OSU sees UCF available agrees, and the game jumps.

I know, just saying... They scheduled to play UC in Cincinnati in 2012, deal made in 2003, when the Bearcats were mediocre at best.... then UC started becoming better, and they decided in 2008 to first cancel the game but after a lot of negotiating, they wouldnt play in Cincinnati and paid UC $1M to move the game to Columbus.... then UC got even better, and OSU decided to cancel the game, and replace UC with UCF this year. (I guess they technically moved the game to 2016)

the only point I am making is, OSU does it too, why get bitter and bash Vandy? And before you give a reason (which may be valid) on why OSU backed out and moved the game, consider that Vandy may as well... Just dont be a hypocrite.

You are so dumb it hurts... am I talking to a brick wall?

Let me try to break it down for you

YEAR 2008:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/13640-ohio-state-football-buckeyes-snake-out-of-road-game

OSU DIDNT WANT TO PLAY UC... UC negotiates to keep game, but played in Columbus instead of Cincinnati.

Year 2011:

BE turmoil ensues, game with TCU needs to be scheduled, so UC asks OSU to move to 2018, which they agree. TCU backs out of BE, but OSU/UC decide to leave as is, and UC finds another game instead.

So stop twisting what happened to make it like UC tried to get out of it from the go... when it was the other way around.

Footnote fact version:

-2008, OSU wants to get out of 2012 game with UC (for unknown reason, bleacher report says its because UC is on the rise and OSU wanted a softer opening schedule)

-2008, UC says "hey we still want to play" negotiates with OSU to keep game, but moved from cincinnati to columbus so OSU can retain home field advantage.... all is well with the world.

-2011, BE turmoil ensues, UC asks OSU to move game to 2018 so they can complete their realignments needed for a 2012 schedule. OSU sees UCF available agrees, and the game jumps.

:dumb::dumb::dumb:

lol

LOL scumbags

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Four former LSU football players were arrested Thursday on drug-related charges, officials said.

Jordan Jefferson, Tyrann Mathieu, Karnell Hatcher, and Derrick Bryant were all charged with marijuana-related offenses, police said.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=19918447

LOL scumbags

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Four former LSU football players were arrested Thursday on drug-related charges, officials said.

Jordan Jefferson, Tyrann Mathieu, Karnell Hatcher, and Derrick Bryant were all charged with marijuana-related offenses, police said.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=19918447

:no:

Let me go post a Bleacher Report article that says Cincy initiated the opt out because their entire team had HIV. Hold on a sec... :lolguy:

I could care less what the reason was... I'm sure it was valid, but the fact, not opinion, is that OSU originally wanted out.

You brOSU guys can deny it all you want, but OSU has had the notorious reputation of scheduling cupcake non-conference games for decades, while most other big programs seem to have 'more' big non-conference games... I am glad Urban and OSU seem to be trying to change that, but for the fans to criticize Vandy for backing out is incredibly hypocritical.

Mathieu was a great football player at LSU but he wouldn't have even been a first round pick. He doesn't project well as an NFL cornerback. What team would spend a 1st on an undersized CB with average speed and below average cover skills?

You brOSU guys can deny it all you want, but OSU has had the notorious reputation of scheduling cupcake non-conference games for decades, while most other big programs seem to have 'more' big non-conference games... .

Have you been hanging with the Honey Badger?

2005 Texas

2006 Texas

2008 USC

2009 USC

2010 Miami

2011 Miami

2012 Cal

^^ Most all of those games were scheduled 10 years in advance. Cal and Miami were solid when those games were scehduled. OSU has done a pretty decent job of scheduling 1 above average team from a major conference the last 7 years. Hell before that they had NC State on the schedule during the Phillip Rivers era.

Future games include, Oklahoma and Va Tech...which were done before the Urban Meyer era began.

Go look at some of the out of conference schedules some of the SEC boys face, talk about cupcakes. Are you a fan that thinks every team should be lik ND and face an insan schedule. Hell this year alone ND has played or will play:

#10 Michigan St

#18 Michiga

#17 Stanford

#8 Oklahoma

#9 USC

^^ All of which have been at home haha

Yea, they play 1 non-conference team a year.... and you can say the same about the SEC, they just get away with it because "our conference is soo super tought...

But When you look at the top B12, P12, and even add in the other BCS guys ACC and BE... lots of them play 2 non-conference games against AQ schools... and moreso at least play an FBS instead of an FCS

I just grabbed Oklahoma because they popped in my head as a traditional top P12 school... Look back from 2005 to present and they play either 1 or 2 AQ school, and then 2 or 1 FBS school.... Look across the other conferences and you will see they do the same. Poor brOhio state has the stigma historically of playing more FCS and maybe a bottom FBS school.... Im just saying what I hear... There is no way you have not heard this about OSU before...

Notre Dame gets curbstomped next week at Oklahoma.

10 quarts of Mobil 1 full synthetic say the ND will win next week!?

Lock it in.

:)

:fuckyeah:

Damn, I just check the line and Ok is favored by 11.5 points.

So what variety of Mobil 1 you want? And where do I need to send them too.

Poor brOhio state has the stigma historically of playing more FCS and maybe a bottom FBS school.... Im just saying what I hear... There is no way you have not heard this about OSU before...

Only a moron would say it. OSU has played an FCS school twice in its history and it was 2007-2008 against YSU which a lot of people were unhappy about but accepted it because it was obviously Tressel wanting to do something for his former school (pay them, let them experience playing in the Shoe, etc.)

Lots of years OSU plays 2 AQ schools and 2 non-AQ/FBS. Or 1 AQ and 2 non-AQ/FBS. Just like everybody else.

OSU does have another FCS school on the schedule next season (Florida A&M) but that will likely be it for the foreseeable future.

The way SEC teams manipulate their schedules is disgusting to me. They have byes or FCS teams before their toughest games every year it seems. OSU is the only team in the country right now with 8 wins and they still don't get a bye for another 2 weeks. And because of that they are beaten up. Urban said they may not even take a full travel roster to State College this week because they just don't have the healthy players.

Damn, I just check the line and Ok is favored by 11.5 points.

So what variety of Mobil 1 you want? And where do I need to send them too.

LOL, no way I'm allowing you or I to get ahead of ourselves. Miami was an 11 point favorite against Ohio State in the 2002 NCG...

:)