Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

I have friends who like multiple schools hardcore, I never understood that. Yes I like Boise but I don't own anything Boise St. My one buddy loves Ohio State (graduated there even-for Juicy lol), yet he roots hardcore for Oklahoma and Florida State, strikes me as odd

Your buddy from Youngstown?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

I have ten quarts of Mobil one on this one too.

The team that wins, will win because they put up 60. The score last year was like 50-42. If SC wins, it won't be because their defense stops Oregon, it will be because their Offense outpaces Oregon's. Remember, Oregon runs a play every 18 seconds.

The team that wins, will win because they put up 60. The score last year was like 50-42. If SC wins, it won't be because their defense stops Oregon, it will be because their Offense outpaces Oregon's. Remember, Oregon runs a play every 18 seconds.

Yeah, you can throw all the stats at me but there are couple important factors that can not be measure or publicly mention. I still like my odd here!!

BTW for those who don't know, Meyer really wants to basically be Oregon on steroids. OSU can and will attract higher caliber players. Plug them into a similar system with a little more capability to pound a win out if they have to and it should be very pretty to watch.

Also, with today's 50+ points this OSU team is the first in program history to put up 50+ 4 times in a single season.

Yeah, you can throw all the stats at me but there are couple important factors that can not be measure or publicly mention. I still like my odd here!!

http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif

http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif

It's weird how things work. The USC game is my "5 stars" game and it turned out to be a bust. I was so confident that I wager it straight up. But as for today, I have the best afternoon as long as I can remember. I'm not bragging, but I'm +71 unit today!!

I hate prevent defenses.

LSU did go into a softer zone, but Norwood was straight up beating his man. Then LSU brought the pressure and Yeldon took the screen to the house.

Alabama had like 14 yards for the entire game before the last drive. Good thinking going to prevent, LSU.

And again LSU has a meltdown when it comes to clock management late in games. Does LSU just say "fuck it" when it comes time to practice the two-minute drill?

I got healthy with the Oregon win. USC is a shell of it's former self. I'm a little embarassed for them. A little.

Ohio State looked good. Still, they are the worst 10-0 team in the history of CFB, I think. It's a blessing in disguise that we're on probation; we'd get murdered by a real team. Oh well, fuck it, my team's undefeated - deal with it. All you can do is win the games on your schdeule, I guess.

deal with it. All you can do is win the games on your schdeule, I guess.

Unless you're Boise St

BTW had a pretty good time at the OSU game yesterday. Alumni section sucks ass to sit in, yes its nice having cushioned seats, however being told to sit down when OSU scored was quite new to me. I guess thats what happens when you sit with old guys haha.

OSU up to 5th in the AP for those that are keeping track

Ohio State looked good. Still, they are the worst 10-0 team in the history of CFB, I think. It's a blessing in disguise that we're on probation; we'd get murdered by a real team.

There have been plenty of bad 10-0 teams that this team could beat. Big East teams and other non-BCS conference teams who started off 10-0 or went even further just to be given a beatdown once they faced a real opponent. The thing is I don't think this OSU team would just lay down if they went up against one of the elite teams this year. I think they play down to their opponents but once the offense does decided to play against their weaker opponents they're hard to stop.

The offense wouldn't be my concern against an elite team, the defense would. Yeah they looked good against Illnois yet gave still gave up 22 points and continued to commit stupid mistakes, mainly Christian Bryant and his personal fouls. They are still trying to strip the ball rather than make the sure tackle on special teams, saw Bradley Roby doing this yesterday.

The offense wouldn't be my concern against an elite team, the defense would. Yeah they looked good against Illnois yet gave still gave up 22 points and continued to commit stupid mistakes, mainly Christian Bryant and his personal fouls. They are still trying to strip the ball rather than make the sure tackle on special teams, saw Bradley Roby doing this yesterday.

Defense gave up 14 points

Defense gave up 14 points

To Illinois.. And yes the defense gave up 14, damn fumble return lol. BTW that 2 point conversion was funny as hell. They line up for a fake 2 point, audible into a regular PAT, screw up the snap/hold and run it in for 2.

The same defense gave up a shit ton to Indiana, you just gonna over look that? They are still making the same bone headed mistakes such as personal fouls that aren't needed and the tackling still isn't where it should be. It has improved since week 1 I will say that. I just simply do not think OSU's defense would be able to handle this years Alabama, Oregon or Kansas St squads. I think they would match up well against Notre Dame.

Defense definitely couldn't "handle" Alabama, Oregon or KSU (with Klein of course - any word on his injury yet?). But I think the offense would be able to make a game out of it against ND or KSU as far as teams ranked ahead of OSU in the AP are concerned. Bama doesn't have any kind of exotic offense that the defense would have problems with but they're just simply too good. OSU could probably put up 50 against Oregon but Oregon would put up 70...lol.