Official 2012 Football thread

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really hoping for a Kansas State - Oregon NCG, but they both choked.

Now I get to look forward to a ND - SEC game - kill me now.

It won't be that bad!!

If you looking for a defensive game. Prediction, 3-0, that's all folk!!

And congrats to the Ohio State football team, 12-0!!

1. The green helmet stickers reminded me of pot plants

2. I have heard the jersey's wont be made availble

3. I feel bad for John Simon for not being able to play in his final game at Ohio State

4. We'll blame Braxton's being terrible at QB on his receivers (others have in this thread)

5. I have been yelling for Hyde to get the ball more than 20 times a game as well, too bad Braxton is the #1 rb on the team

6. Defense played great in the 2nd half

7. Brady Hoke is fat

8. Defense will need to be reloaded next year should Hankins and Roby declare early

9. Hopefully someone like Jalin Marshall can step up and be a force at the WR position next year to help out Philly Brown

10. Brady Hoke is still fat

Few more things

1. O'Brien should win B10 Coach of the year, no one thought PSU would win 8 games (should've won 9 for sure, refs hosed them against Nebraska)

2. Rose Bowl could have a 5 loss Wisconsin team in it

3. Hyde finished with 970 yards and he missed some time, FEED ME MORE!!!

4. Brady Hoke is still fat

5. Johnny Manziel should win the Heisman

4. We'll blame Braxton's being terrible at QB on his receivers (others have in this thread)

His receivers are by no means great. Philly is awesome (how many freakin' 3rd down conversion catches did that kid have this year?) but outside of that... some young TE's and the consistently inconsistent Devin Smith. And he went 14/18 for almost 200 today with a TD and no picks against, statistically, the best pass defense in the country. Not so sure that qualifies as "being terrible at QB." His worst stuff today (and over the last few games of the season really) was his indecision/bad reads on the read option plays, not his passing.

Also, people always say QB's make their biggest improvement from their first to second years. I'd say that this was basically Braxton's first year playing QB in college. Last year he didn't have the proper coaching or weapons. This year he got some real coaching and still didn't have great weapons. Next year he will be deep into this system with some new weapons coming and his current weapons progressing with him.

His receivers are by no means great. Philly is awesome (how many freakin' 3rd down conversion catches did that kid have this year?) but outside of that... some young TE's and the consistently inconsistent Devin Smith. And he went 14/18 for almost 200 today with a TD and no picks against, statistically, the best pass defense in the country. Not so sure that qualifies as "being terrible at QB." His worst stuff today (and over the last few games of the season really) was his indecision/bad reads on the read option plays, not his passing.

Also, people always say QB's make their biggest improvement from their first to second years. I'd say that this was basically Braxton's first year playing QB in college. Last year he didn't have the proper coaching or weapons. This year he got some real coaching and still didn't have great weapons. Next year he will be deep into this system with some new weapons coming and his current weapons progressing with him.

I'm on the "give him time" bandwagon too. What worries me is his mental progress not his abilities. He played a lot last year so you cant just write that off. Even the worst coaches in major colleges can teach mechanics and fundamentals. His worst stuff over the last few weeks has been dancing around in the pocket for way too long and getting sacked. Putting his team in bad situations and in a few cases taking them out of field goal range. Thats a way bigger problem than missing a read option play. Get this man an internal clock, please.

1. The green helmet stickers reminded me of pot plants

2. I have heard the jersey's wont be made availble

3. I feel bad for John Simon for not being able to play in his final game at Ohio State

5. I have been yelling for Hyde to get the ball more than 20 times a game as well, too bad Braxton is the #1 rb on the team

6. Defense played great in the 2nd half

7. Brady Hoke is fat

8. Defense will need to be reloaded next year should Hankins and Roby declare early

9. Hopefully someone like Jalin Marshall can step up and be a force at the WR position next year to help out Philly Brown

10. Brady Hoke is still fat

Few more things

1. O'Brien should win B10 Coach of the year, no one thought PSU would win 8 games (should've won 9 for sure, refs hosed them against Nebraska)

2. Rose Bowl could have a 5 loss Wisconsin team in it

3. Hyde finished with 970 yards and he missed some time, FEED ME MORE!!!

4. Brady Hoke is still fat

5. Johnny Manziel should win the Heisman

you forgot the most important one: FUCK MICHIGAN!! that is all

Shame to see the SEC in it again, and I'm really not a fan of Notre Dame. I'll settle with Georgia though, it'd be nice to see a different team in the spotlight at least. And lol at 5 loss Wisconsin and 6 loss Georgia Tech and God knows what garbage from the Big East being in BCS bowls. Thank goodness that shit is almost over with.

Shame to see the SEC in it again, and I'm really not a fan of Notre Dame. I'll settle with Georgia though, it'd be nice to see a different team in the spotlight at least. And lol at 5 loss Wisconsin and 6 loss Georgia Tech and God knows what garbage from the Big East being in BCS bowls. Thank goodness that shit is almost over with.

Well GT and Wisky have to win first....which I doubt they will.

Well it looks likely that OSU will end up 2nd in the AP poll when it's all said and done. After the SEC championship game we will move up to 3rd, and then after the national championship game we SHOULD move up to 2nd but we will see how much the voters truly hate us.

I figure they'll end up at 3rd at best unless some whacky shit happens. They'll move ahead of SEC title game loser after this weekend but I could easily see them not only staying behind a BCS title game loser but being jumped by another high-performing BCS bowl team.

Obviously I was very happy to see them win against Michigan and finish undefeated but they needed to make a statement in that game (and they had the opportunities to - game should have been a blowout really) if they wanted to get more respect in the AP.