Does this sound right to you guys?

Browning

Still trying to find a decent car. Seen this neon on cl. Called, and they said the gauge shows 60,000 miles but some one had changed the gauge at some point and that they didn't know how many actual miles. Asked what the title says and she said they didn't know case they don't have it? I didn't think this was normal and asked why not and she said cause when you buy from an auction you don't get the title right away. Said they'd give a 30 day and then we'd get the title when we got real plates?

Seems fishy to me but then again I've only bought one car from a lot and it was on payments so I didn't the title anyways until it was paid off.

Car in question:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/2844654588.html

A lot of dealerships have what is called a floor plan. Meaning the cars they are selling they dont own. If they floor planned thru the auction they bought the car from. Then they do not have the title for the car as they have said. It means they first need to pay the car off at the auction before the auction will send them a title.

If the car dealership is behind on making payments this could be a lot of un needed drama. By law a dealership does have 21 days to send you a title tho.

If this is a car lot, even a small one, it is not uncommon for them to not have the title right away. However if this is just some person I'd be leary. You typically won't get a title right away if you buy a car at the dealership that I work at, it all has to be processed.

A lot of dealerships have what is called a floor plan. Meaning the cars they are selling they dont own. If they floor planned thru the auction they bought the car from. Then they do not have the title for the car as they have said. It means they first need to pay the car off at the auction before the auction will send them a title.

If the car dealership is behind on making payments this could be a lot of un needed drama. By law a dealership does have 21 days to send you a title tho.

Yea seems like it could be a hassle

If this is a car lot, even a small one, it is not uncommon for them to not have the title right away. However if this is just some person I'd be leary. You typically won't get a title right away if you buy a car at the dealership that I work at, it all has to be processed.
She answered the phone with "hello" but said they're a lot. Think I better just keep looking again lol

I've never had a problem, but i would never own a neon

I don't mind them. either way this is for the g/f, who loves neons and has only owned two vehicles, both being neons lol

If they were upfront about the odometer then its not a far stretch to assum ethey are bing honest about the title. It often takes a few weeks to get the title back. They are not an agency and have to send them to one. They probably send in alot at one time. The bmv in gahanna used to send their titles to the agency on main st(why? its a 5 min drive and you would get it that day if you went there) and it would still take them a week to get them back.

If they just bought it dont be surprised if they dont know about and inform you of a crack in the block, or water in the fuel, thats a risk you take when buying a car with this kind of history. Look itover well and inform yourself the best you can.