wtt: My Riding Lawnmower for your Pushmower

zeitgeist57

I have a 1994 Craftsman II Riding Lawn Mower. It's pretty banged up but has served me well over the last 4 years. Late last year, One of the arbor bearings took a crap and It won't mow. It'll start up and drive like a champ, but needs a new deck. I'd say it's worth $100-$150 for the engine and associated parts that work. Would need a couple hundy in used parts to get back to good.

After 4 years, I actually WANT to go back to pushing a mower...did a bit last fall when my neighbor let me borrow his mower. Realized I could use the exercise.

If there is a good, hands-on guy out there that wants to take this bad boy and give me their push mower, I'm open to that. Let me know what ya got.

What size motor?, how fast is it... hmmm :ninja:

Briggs&Stratton "Gold Class" 15hp (iron cylinder sleeve), 6speed tranny with a SLOOOOOOOOW reverse (so it's not good for snow removal). It's a well-engineered monster, but the deck just got abused by the roots from my 60yr old trees.

If I could find a decent deck and new arbors, I'd keep the mower. However, I'd rather not search for that crap...just want a push mower.

Hmmm...looking into rebuilding the riding lawnmower now. I was always ticked off how Craftsman has the lock on their parts (expensive as sh!t), but looks like AYP has a lot of the spindles and bearings used on old Craftsman mowers. AHA! :)

http://www.outdoordistributors.com < < < another good site for reference.

what size deck do you have? Have you took that spindle off there yet? They're a really simple and cheap part really. You can replace just the bearings in them for $3-4. I'll text you some pictures of what I have later and we'll see if maybe one of my spindles will work on yours.

• 3 weeks later...

PM'd Tim for more info...thanks for resurrecting this thread, guys.

I've been using the janky old mower I have for the last couple of weeks...it's fine, although I wear work gloves and headphones and I still have wierd "sizzling" nerve sensations in my hands after doing the yard....WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN' GOIN' ON...

If I can get the Craftsman II repaired, I'll probably just keep it. Regardless, I'm not doing anything until I get Cleetus repaired. I GOTTA GET THAT TRUCK RUNNING/DRIVING BY END OF MONTH...

So...check back with me in May. :)

PM'd Tim for more info...thanks for resurrecting this thread, guys.

I've been using the janky old mower I have for the last couple of weeks...it's fine, although I wear work gloves and headphones and I still have wierd "sizzling" nerve sensations in my hands after doing the yard....WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN' GOIN' ON...

If I can get the Craftsman II repaired, I'll probably just keep it. Regardless, I'm not doing anything until I get Cleetus repaired. I GOTTA GET THAT TRUCK RUNNING/DRIVING BY END OF MONTH...

So...check back with me in May. :)

I AINT GOT TIL MAY DANGIT.

lol glws/transaction clay.