What kind of Male dog do you own?

ImUrOBGYN

This may seem or sound a bit weird, but I'm looking for a mate for my dog the next time she enters heat. The breed may not matter. Of course, you'd be allowed a pick of the litter if there is a successful mating. She is a full blooded American Pit Bull Terrier, triple registered including the UKC. She is considered a blue-brindle.

There's actually a few breeds I'd be willing to cross her with. Please, no hounds or toy breeds. ;) Trolls... try to control youselves a hair. I'm sure some of you will have some funny comments, anyway. lol

Pics are available or I can post some here if need be. Please, all I ask is you don't use them for you or your dog to masturbate to. ;)

if you are not a competent breeder, why are you doing this?

Every breeder has to start somewhere.

My issue would be breeding the dog outside of it's breed to begin with. That means the pups won't be registered or be able to be shown. Essentially a "back yard" breeding, which is honestly what we need less of in this world.

If you were breeding it with other Registered APBT's for the purpose of producing show quality APBT's, I would have no problem with it.

• Upvote 1

Isnt breeding huge work?

Yes it is. I have had 3 litters of puppies in my life. It is a MASSIVE undertaking. Building a suitable welping box for the bitch. Helping her deliver the pups. Sometimes cutting the sack open if she can't do it. Cleaning up all the nastiness of birthing.

Then you have a minimum of 8 weeks of having to take care of 8-13 puppies. It is a nightmare.

Christian can speak for himself, of course, but I know him pretty well and I have absolute confidence that he will be a good breeder.

I have no doubt he CAN breed dogs.. There is enough on the internet to be able to let anyone do it. My issue comes with the mixing of breeds. You are basically breeding for what reason at that point? Breeding, just to breed is what we need less of.

I have no doubt he CAN breed dogs.. There is enough on the internet to be able to let anyone do it. My issue comes with the mixing of breeds. You are basically breeding for what reason at that point? Breeding, just to breed is what we need less of.

Breeding to adhere to breed standards (i.e., breeding only a single breed) has ultimately led the increased risk, and increased occurrence, of genetic disorders (i.e., Labs getting hip dysplasia). Mixing breeds is a much better alternative to what we currently do.

Breeding to adhere to breed standards (i.e., breeding only a single breed) has ultimately led the increased risk, and increased occurrence, of genetic disorders (i.e., Labs getting hip dysplasia). Mixing breeds is a much better alternative to what we currently do.

I can agree that pure breed dogs run bigger risks of medical issues. What I can't agree with is the thought of breeding just to breed. There are plenty enough dogs being put down every day at shelters.

Hence back to what I said first. If he was breeding pure show quality APBT's, I have 0 issue with that. Mixing a breed, and breeding to just breed is not what I would like to see. There are plenty of dogs who are needlessly put down every day because of this exact practice.

Healthier pets? Iono lol.

I can agree that pure breed dogs run bigger risks of medical issues. What I can't agree with is the thought of breeding just to breed. There are plenty enough dogs being put down every day at shelters.

Hence back to what I said first. If he was breeding pure show quality APBT's, I have 0 issue with that. Mixing a breed, and breeding to just breed is not what I would like to see. There are plenty of dogs who are needlessly put down every day because of this exact practice.

I wasn't addressing your concerns over breeding, mostly because I know Christian and how he deals with animals. My concern is your statement about breed purity.

I wasn't addressing your concerns over breeding, mostly because I know Christian and how he deals with animals. My concern is your statement about breed purity.

What did I say about it? Outside of of not pure breeding, means you can't show the dog.

I never said he "CAN" do it, I said he would be a good breeder. Just because you aren't making pure breed dogs for profit or to show (which is pretty aweful from what I've seen and I've been in the show world) doesn't mean that you are a bad breeder.

Every breeder has to start somewhere.

My issue would be breeding the dog outside of it's breed to begin with. That means the pups won't be registered or be able to be shown. Essentially a "back yard" breeding, which is honestly what we need less of in this world.

If you were breeding it with other Registered APBT's for the purpose of producing show quality APBT's, I would have no problem with it.

What did I say about it? Outside of of not pure breeding, means you can't show the dog.

You said that it's a bad thing, then cited other reasons. Not everyone breeds dogs to be shown, that would be ridiculous. You stated clearly that you don't like breeding dogs outside of their individual breeds.