Track times: 4/20/12

MrMeanGreen

Tore my motor apart today, to find out that my Timing Chain tensioner took a shit.. So my cam was "retarded" all day..

Cant wait to get back to the track

Better than a catastrophic failure. Jeep still ran good.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tore my motor apart today, to find out that my Timing Chain tensioner took a shit.. So my cam was "retarded" all day..

Cant wait to get back to the track

I was wondering why your truck was running 13's when I raced you.

Well get the cam off the short bus. ;)

I was wondering why your truck was running 13's when I raced you.

Well get the cam off the short bus. ;)

LOL, Even with the timing correct it's still a heavy PIG haha. 5800 pounds

60' should drop to at least 1.7, and 7.99 or under in the 1/8th..

Cant wait to get it back up and running..

That's a bad ass car. I must have left before your incident, unless that was the tow truck going to get you around 2:45. Great job keeping the damage to what it was and glad you are OK.

My best was 11.51 @124

Great track rental as always. People don't know what they are missing when they don't sign up for these things.

Thanks, my last pass was around 3:45 or so. Saw your car run too, did not expect it to be that fast. Are you N/A or do you have a power adder. Fast as shit either way.

The new wheel and tire combo gave me fits on the first three runs. The car was rocking back and forth under power to the point of being out of control. I switched back to the old wheel and tire combo and all the problems went away. I did run PB on that combo 9.79 @ 135.93 with a 1.38 60'. That is a tenth slower than last year's best on the bigger used tire I experimented with.

At this point I need to find out if they bent a rim when they mounted the new tires or if there is a problem with the new tires.

The new wheel and tire combo gave me fits on the first three runs. The car was rocking back and forth under power to the point of being out of control. I switched back to the old wheel and tire combo and all the problems went away. I did run PB on that combo 9.79 @ 135.93 with a 1.38 60'. That is a tenth slower than last year's best on the bigger used tire I experimented with.

At this point I need to find out if they bent a rim when they mounted the new tires or if there is a problem with the new tires.

You can see it dancing around in the trailer video, your a better man than me, I think I would have lifted.

You can see it dancing around in the trailer video, your a better man than me, I think I would have lifted.

I did lift a couple times and would settle down until I got back on it.

ran 11.8 @ 12 psi. was about to up the boost but torque converter started to slip and was pushing trans fluid through an overflow tank so had to call it a day :(

What were you in?

-Marc

ps - any idea when your truck will be done?

First pass in the morning I managed an 11.9 on motor then I ended up fighting the nitrous all day. I had trouble getting it working, then once I got it figured out I almost tagged the damn wall in the left lane. Switched to the right lane and managed a 11.6 on a 50 shot. MPH was way down for me overall but it was still a great time.

Bill was haulin in his LSx M3 busting out an 11.9 on street tires!

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7455/005wj.th.jpg