Track times: 4/20/12

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First pass in the Firebird was 10.49@136.5, 1.57 60'. That's a new best MPH for me and takes the title for fastest stock bottom end LS1 in Columbus (<3 Steve ;)) :D

I have to let you have something lol

Best ET: 14.576

Best MPH: 101.16

My wife was with me for both of the runs! Shitty tires and stock suspension yielded massive wheel spin and axle hop, essentially eliminating any chance of getting the most out of my current setup!

We had a blast though, so thank you to everyone who set this up!

Oh and Tilley is a perfect realization of Tony Stark, I stand corrected.

:fuckyeah:

<3

As for my times: 14.3 @ 98 mph

S5 LOL :)

It was nice meeting some new people and similarly nice to catch up with old friends.

Best today was a 1.99x 60' on hoosiers.. fail. then a 13.7 @ 100.. fail. Then found out my a/f was going from 11.3:1 to 13.0:1 by the beginning of 3rd gear. The maf sensor I tried to jam in the N* obviously didn't work. Oh well.. Always next time. I did have fun though.

14.0 @ 100 no spray

13.1 @ 106 on the 100 shot

12.9 @ 113 on the 150

Not bad for blowing your LS1 and putting a 5.3 in its place with absolutely no tuning or mods done to it :p

How do you make a junkyard 5.3 run 12's? HIT THAT BITCH WITH A 150!!!!

12.7 @ 117

Car had all kinds of problems.

The final straw was blowing a coolant line crossing the traps....

Sorry for putting the track down for a bit.

I tried to stop and get over as fast as I safely could.

The car is fine, but I couldn't be more frustrated with it.

And thanks for the great event!

11.37@127 on shittos with a 1.87. Had a shit load of fun today. Met some people that I probably should have met 10 years ago and a few that I just hadn't met yet. Fun times for sure. Had another ridiculously close run with a certain black Cobra, but I think when we run it's within a car no matter what...... :)

PS........... who knew beetles ran low 12s at 116?!

11.37@127 on shittos with a 1.87. Had a shit load of fun today. Met some people that I probably should have met 10 years ago and a few that I just hadn't met yet. Fun times for sure. Had another ridiculously close run with a certain black Cobra, but I think when we run it's within a car no matter what...... :)

PS........... who knew beetles ran low 12s at 116?!

That was a blast today! I agree it'll be close every time. Can't wait to do again!!

I ran a lot....chasing my 2 year old who was on a mission to try removing every lugnut he came across lol. He is used to doing it at my shop so he now feels they all come off when he wants them to. I was unable to run as I didnt wanna put him in the Integra with the roll cage unpadded (not sure that would really make a difference on my decision honestly). It was fun hanging out for the couple hours I was there. If I met anyone and they didn't realize who I was, I was the tall goofy guy holding the blonde hair kid lol.

This was my first time going to a CR track day but not my last. Next time I am planning on running

Damn Tilley, didn't see you. Don't blame you for avoiding me. :D

The red turd 4.6 went 12.91@107, spinning.

I'm jealous of all you guys with your pretty trap speeds.

The good thing was I got three PB 60 fts today. I had my converter rebuilt and the stall changed from 3200 to 3600 when my tranny went back to Rossler this winter. 1.54, 1.55, 1.57 ... so that looks like a good move.

I ran 11.33 120.58 and 11.387 120.10 leaving off idle and without doing my typical weight reduction.

Pissed me off that I couldn't use my new skinnies and barely got the rear wheels to clear my shocks by using a spacer. Weld Racing RT-S perfect backspace isn't so perfect. I haven't run with my heavy ass stock front wheels in years. Probably lost a tenth right there.