Track times: 4/20/12

MrMeanGreen

First pass in the Firebird was 10.49@136.5, 1.57 60'. That's a new best MPH for me and takes the title for fastest stock bottom end LS1 in Columbus (<3 Steve ;)) :D

As the day got hotter, I ran a couple 10.60s at 131 as did Cordell in my car. After lunch and a cool down, did another 10.60@135 w/ 1.57 60' again.

The track was hooking like mad in the right lane. A bit of tuning on the car and a stronger fuel system really woke it up. I need to ditch this baby blower with the dinged impeller blades for something better.

I was only able to make one pass in the GN, my first time taking it down the track. 11.88@112.7, 1.75 60'. I cracked the passenger exhaust manifold mid-pass, so that was it for it for the day. I just ordered headers for it :)

Thanks to everyone for coming out. It was a great track day, one of the best in years.

Edited by MrMeanGreen

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12.52 @ 115.3 with crappy 2.0 60'. The new tune is definitely an improvement. I had to end up running with traction control on so I didn't end up in the wall. All-season street tires = bad. I had to check my pants after my third run.

11.96 @ 115.48 in the Grand National - Anthony made it run a 11.88 @ 112.91 before the manifold cracked.

13.68 @ 104.03 in the GTO

Hey Major Troll.. You know what I hear the word is.. You got out driven by a girl.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/big-flippin-bird.jpg

Had my best on the last pass. Spun bad every pass before. Went 9.24@ 151.66 :fuckyeah: The bad, pass front tire blew thru the lights at 151mph!!!!. Kept it off the wall but tore up the fender and destroyed the pass side turbo charge pipe. Track officials said I was done for the day for running so fast but I was done due to the tire mishap anyway. Wagner, good thing your gopro was not on the fender on that pass as the tire pieces would have taken it out.:no:

Had my best on the last pass. Spun bad every pass before. Went 9.24@ 151.66 :fuckyeah: The bad, pass front tire blew thru the lights at 151mph!!!!. Kept it off the wall but tore up the fender and destroyed the pass side turbo charge pipe. Track officials said I was done for the day for running so fast but I was done due to the tire mishap anyway. Wagner, good thing your gopro was not on the fender on that pass as the tire pieces would have taken it out.:no:

151..Holy shit man!

Got damn, glad you kept it together.

pdqwagon no longer applies. I deem you're new name goddamnmotherfuckinfastwagon

151.66 :fuckyeah:

I had a fantastic day.

So in the Camaro I ran an 11.9 at 112, thanks to Wagner for loaning me his drag radials, and Greg and Paul for helping me change them, along with everyone I borrowed tools from.

I ran a decent 13.2 in Lee's Firebird, besting his time by a few tenths. Thanks for letting me take a pass.

I ran a 10.6 at 130 in Anthony's Firebird, always fun to run a 10, thanks Anthony.

I ran a 13.82 at 101 in Chad's Soltice, besting Chad's 13.85 :p

Overall a really fun day, my friends made it even better by helping me out and letting me enjoy their cars a little bit too. A big thanks to Doc for lunch, I don't think you could be any more modest and all of us really appreciate it. A huge thanks to Anthony for putting these track days together, it really is the only thing that gets me excited about the drag stip anymore.

Oh and Tilley is a perfect realization of Tony Stark, I stand corrected.

I had a fantastic day.

So in the Camaro I ran an 11.9 at 112, thanks to Wagner for loaning me his drag radials, and Greg and Paul for helping me change them, along with everyone I borrowed tools from.

I ran a decent 13.2 in Lee's Firebird, besting his time by a few tenths. Thanks for letting me take a pass.

I ran a 10.6 at 130 in Anthony's Firebird, always fun to run a 10, thanks Anthony.

I ran a 13.82 at 101 in Chad's Soltice, besting Chad's 13.85 :p

Overall a really fun day, my friends made it even better by helping me out and letting me enjoy their cars a little bit too. A big thanks to Doc for lunch, I don't think you could be any more modest and all of us really appreciate it. A huge thanks to Anthony for putting these track days together, it really is the only thing that gets me excited about the drag stip anymore.

Oh and Tilley is a perfect realization of Tony Stark, I stand corrected.

Maybe I should have let you pedal the Beetle..:no:

Maybe I should have let you pedal the Beetle..:no:

I'm not saying I'm some fantastic driver, but I have to rub it in on Chad a little since I'd never hear the end of it if the roles were reversed. I hold my own.