best internet/television combination?

AWW$HEEET

So with the move we cannot get uverse, which was my first choice, now I am left cobbling together internet and cable. What all do you use?

I am toying with using either dish or direct tv for cable, and either roadrunner, WOW or something to be determined. Unfortunately tmobile service is just too shitty for me to rely on for internet.

Any suggestors? Anyone use dish or direct? How about satelite internet?

Idk if I feel comfortable giving my business to either insight, or wow. I feel like both are notoriously shitty. Its like picking the lesser of 2 evils.

I feel like my Insight service has been out for maybe 30 min total combined between internet and cable in the 5 yr i have been here.

I pay $70 for TWC digital/one DVR/RR. At my last place I paid $120 for the same thing but two DVR's instead of one. I cancelled when I moved out then they called and gave me the $70 rate after I told them "I couldn't afford it since I live by myself now."

Obviously you can't tell them the same story but maybe you could say "Hey, I'm thinking about switching but blah blah gives me this cheaper rate etc.." My buddy did this a few years ago when he switched from WOW to TWC. He ended up getting $30 off their quoted rate.

Edit: At 4th Street Bar & Grill earlier today, all the hooligans there went batshit when their game cut off due to light rain...The bartender said "Sorry....we have satellite."..

time warner cable has pissed me off beyond belief but I have no other options out here. I dumped cable and went with strictly internet and now hate them a bit less, but if any other cable providers were to come out here I'd jump shit fast

time warner cable has pissed me off beyond belief but I have no other options out here. I dumped cable and went with strictly internet and now hate them a bit less, but if any other cable providers were to come out here I'd jump shit fast

What don't you like about them? I'm just curious. My only issues are my DVR recording random shit I have never heard of before and the 2-3 sec reaction time on the menu... which I fucking HATE

Same.

Time Warner fucking sucks, especially their "customer service" :rolleyes:

What don't you like about them? I'm just curious. My only issues are my DVR recording random shit I have never heard of before and the 2-3 sec reaction time on the menu... which I fucking HATE

overpriced, crappy signal quality (tons of pixalation), my cable would go out all the time, dvr would need to reboot all the time which took 3 days

Switched to wow 2 years ago, had alot of issues at first but they seem to have straightened things out. My biggest complaint is the amount of times they broadcast/test their emergency signal. I never noticed it with insight as much as they didnt remove the sound from the show your watching for the entire duration of the test. We use the verizon jetbox for internet at the wifes shop it does pretty well.

Wow lots of crappy advice in this thread. Id say Time Warner is most bang for the buck. Yes new customers get the best rate promos. BTW they own Insight now and offer internet as fast as WOW's 50 MB.

You should check out Time Warner Signature Home. They go through a completely different service department who could suck a tattoo off your ballsack if you requested. The customer service is incredibly good, and they won't stop until your service is perfect.

Been with WOW for about 10 years now but my modem randomly shuts off at random times and then comes back up. The techs came out and installed a new line and it is still doing the same thing. It's not a big deal but it's annoying when all your lights go out on your modem and comes back online a few second later. Been like this for at least 3 months now.

FWIW, Insight is now Time Warner.

So your choices in Columbus are Time Warner, WoW, and ATT.

they still operate as Insight though. I get Insight bills, etc.

they still operate as Insight though. I get Insight bills, etc.

You won't be for very much longer. All that means is the billing systems are seperated still. They operate as one company, Time Warner Cable. The deal was completed a few months ago, and integration starts after a deal is closed.

Been with WOW for about 10 years now but my modem randomly shuts off at random times and then comes back up. The techs came out and installed a new line and it is still doing the same thing. It's not a big deal but it's annoying when all your lights go out on your modem and comes back online a few second later. Been like this for at least 3 months now.

Did they replace the modem too? I had a similar issue with wow, problem solved with a new modem.

I still use insight. Bills are still insight. $55 a month for RR Turbo. This is after my promotional period ended. With netflix, youtube, vimeo, and usenet I have no need for cable TV. I do have to dedicate some time to find what I want but I did that anyway when I had cable.

Edit: When I had cable with DVR it was slow and sometimes wouldn't record TV shows on time. They replaced it and it fixed the problem. Other then that it was okay.