Need things to do in ohio

thorne

My wife and I are taking a minivacation,

4day weekend. wife has to be back for dialsys monday after noon.

So far we are going to

The Wilds (Sunset Dinner Safari)

http://www.thewilds.org/

and trying to find somewhere to stay for a night around there and then head ????? stay at bed and breakfast near ?????

Puttin Bay has been considered but I don't really drink and the wife can't so not sure how much fun it would be with out alky.

I would still consider the Islands Kellys is less of a party Island then PIB I would look at that go there rent a room at a B&B relax sight see and eat good food.

Kellys island is completely different than PIB. Laid back and an older crowd. Not too much to do though....

Not quit a minivacation but my wife and I enjoy hitting up gallery hop, eating at a nice restaurant in the Cap/Short north, and getting one of the 4 superduper delux whatever suites at the Lofts. Those rooms are awesome. We usually do that on our anniversary and special occasions.

Whats in convington ? we are doing the night safari so I wanna stay close to the wilds.

It's a suburb of Cinci, just on the other side of the river. They have some seriously nice hotels like the Radisson which I just stayed in this past weekend or the Doubletree by Hilton by the airport. There's an area called Newport on the Levee that has one of the best aquariums out there, the rest of it is a mall that's similar to Easton only not ghetto. They also still have a Gameworks. Plenty of nice restaurants in the area like Buckhead Mountain Grille. The Radisson has a really nice restaurant on the top floor that slowly spins so you can see the Cinci skyline. There's also King's Island about 25 miles north of there, great way to spend a day.

Although, this is all very far away from The Wilds. Since you are going there I'd suggest hopping on 77 south and going down to Marietta, its about an hour from there, maybe less. Stay at the Lafayette Hotel at the intersection of the Ohio and Muskingum rivers, great place to just relax. There's not much excitement there, but a couple of nice museums and a riverboat called the Valley Gem that has river tours. I grew up in Marietta, and I miss it, I don't get down there enough.

i work at hocking hills canopy tours. you would deff have some fun there i think and as far as a minivacation goes if you get a cabin in the hocking hills and be secluded for a couple days. plenty of places to hike and see sights if your into that. let me know if you have any questions and i would be glad to answer them.

When to school at UC. There is tuns of stuff to do in the Cincinnati Metro area. The Cincinnati Museum Center is amazing, Kings Island is a good time (I dont want to hear it from the haters, Ceder Point is fun too lol), there is the Civic Garden Center, and almost every weekend there is some sort of festival (check out cincinnatiusa.com). If you want food I would check out the new Moerlein Lager House on the ohio side of the levee, or head over to newport across the river in KY and eat/drink at the Hofbrauhaus. I can go on for days if you want lol. PM me if you have any questions.

...and getting one of the 4 superduper delux whatever suites at the Lofts. Those rooms are awesome.

Ya, fuck that place.

We went there for an anniversary an anniversary a few years ago with almost the same idea. Stay the night, go to a really nice dinner, drinks after, just take cabs around downtown. NEVER AGAIN. The valet lost our keys, well gave them to another person. Wasted hours of our Sunday morning, caused stress at the end of what should have been a nice relaxing weekend. In generally they handled the situation very poorly. I had to call them back over half a dozen times to get some remedy. First call the said they would refund my room (I had to ask for this, they offered nothing). But I kept having to call back to get the room refunded. They would say it was taken care of and it wouldn’t be refunded. Call back a few days later and same thing.

I deff recommend Hocking Hills. The wife and I have gone the past two years. Get a cabin for a couple days (pretty much all have hot tubs). Theres lots to do down there, hiking, horse back rides through trails, zip lines, atv/side by side rentals for trails, swimming in lake logan, etc. Just a really nice and relaxing place to be. I work in Private Ambulance and transport Dialysis patients all the time, i know how difficult it can be for them to plan around treatments so deff get out and enjoy some time with the wife to get her mind off of it.

Well we have reserved the ravenwood castle for 2 nights. I'm not sure what we will do near by, my wife being on dialsys does not have a ton of energy we are thinking of renting a polaris atv dealio