This is why you don't give your kids keys to the M3

bmwohio

After watching it a couple times, I wouldnt even say it was his 'skill' that was in question... it was the crest of hte road that he was going much too fast for (so I guess it does play back into skills/knowledge). In fact, he is lucky he kept that steering wheel straight while in the air... had he turned teh wheel, there is a good chance he would have got hte car to rotate once he landed, and hit that rock at an angle and started flipping...

After watching it a couple times, I wouldnt even say it was his 'skill' that was in question... it was the crest of hte road that he was going much too fast for (so I guess it does play back into skills/knowledge). In fact, he is lucky he kept that steering wheel straight while in the air... had he turned teh wheel, there is a good chance he would have got hte car to rotate once he landed, and hit that rock at an angle and started flipping...

You can see when he gets out that the steering wheel turns freely so where he had the wheel turned may me a mute point. I would agree though that he is very lucky in the way it turned out. If he had the window rolled up he would have bounced his head through it, plus the air bag deployed with the initial impact which was not enough to jar him forward so won't have any burns from it.