S&W Sigma .40 Question

gbracing81

I have had a Sigma 40 cal for about 10 years and the trigger has always been stiff when it's loaded. When disassembled the trigger pulls real nice and does even when it's put back together. When it's loaded the trigger is very stiff. Stiff to the point after 3 or 4 clips I find myself hitting the target low and to the left (I'm right handed) and my finger starts to hurt from pulling it. Is there anything I can do to have the trigger easier (to an extent) to pull when the gun is loaded?

I had one for a year and hated it because of that. Someone smarter about guns will chime in I'm sure but I was told you can swap out the trigger spring assembly with something easier.

I am hoping it's something that easy. I called some gun smiths after I got the gun and they all told me one reputable gun smith would ever touch the trigger for liability reasons. I can understand that to a point so I let it go. After reading some gun posts here I figured maybe one of the people here would no something I could do to make it easier and still safe.

When I was looking into one I asked a friend about them. He told me that there was a spring swap to a ball point pen spring.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=53874

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-314553.html 10th post down.

Lots of good reading and excelent information. Thank you.

Someone has told me to get ahold of the S&W cutom shop through Smith & Wesson. He said they may still be able to do something with the trigger that won't affect the safety of the gun or the warranty. I will give them a call and see whats up. The worst they can say is there is nothing they can do.

Jeffro is right...i had a sigma 9mm as my first handgun and sold that piece of shit with the quickness. got an M&P, hit up ronnie at boom boom tactical, 4.5# trigger, crowned barrel, polished feed ramp, and had my ex's grandpa (a gunsmith) put night sites on it. Fucking love it. Dont miss the sigma one bit