Vortech F-body "G-Trim" partial kit

MattKatz

I bought a truck with this kit on it, not sure what's missing from it to work on an F-body, but I'd say not much. It sits right now on a working , running vehicle and I have video of it running. I don't have a need for it so I'm selling it. For more info, or pictures of how it sits, text me.

937-361-4011

I'm looking for about $1800 for the kit and any part I have to go with it to help you install it. You shouldn't need much for an Fbody I'm guessing.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/4u3u9u3y.jpg

Work yes, would some fab likely be required..yes. That's an LS motor in the picture, with an LS2 car intake...trucks have more room...this isn't for a guy wanting to bolt it on a truck, it's gonna require a little work I'm sure.

V9 G

And what you see is what it has minus mounting parts and I assume theirs an oil pump mounted somewhere hidden I haven't found yet. I have a receipt saying the pump is brand new basically.

Here's the tag on the blower.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/a3a9a3e5.jpg

I'd be interested pending further details. I'd like to know what all is there and what is needed.

If you look at the Vortech website here: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/support.php?support_section=Installation%20Manuals%20-%20Supercharging%20Systems%20-%20GM%20Cars

Yu should be able to tell if you have the true Fbody kit or their LSx Tuner kit and what all should be included plus what is (or may be) missing.

Yes balancer will be included...and like i said, it's on a running vehicle now, so honestly I'm not sure what would be missing for an f body. I'll be happy to load up the video of it running....but other than that, I don't know much about it and I disclosed this. I bought this vehicle pretty much sight unseen and very little history and I'm being as honest as I can be about the parts in selling from it. I do believe it's a car style drive setup, the blower is dedicated drive. Whoever put this on did some creative thinking to get it on this engine bay. I think it's priced right for what I'm offering. I'll answer any questions you guys have and take any pictures you request if your serious. I keep it at a shop a little ways from me so I don't want to be driving back and forth for nothing. Not sure if this answers all the questions posed so far. Evil8 (Charlie) saw this setup and actually was the one who drove it to test it around the shop where it's at, so if he wants he can offer up his honest opinion on it.

Long and short is it will need parts to complete, needs cleaned up for sure, but is complete enough to run as seen on an LS engine setup. If you remove the black pipe in the picture, you'll see how the aftercooler should be positioned on an F-body and how the inlet pipe is what I believe to be an F-body specific piece. There is not heat exchanger or pump for the cooler, and I know the cooler was an extra option anyway. You guys tell me what else you want me to find out and I'll do my best.

I drove this vehicle and looked over the kit fairly thoroughly. For the money, it is a solid deal. The blower will mount on any ls vehicle and other than a better mounting system for the air to water, it should be a plug and play scenario.

Looks right with the exception of the snorkel connection pipe, this has a filter in place as seen. As I stated, it's a partial kit, "as seen". I'm not worried...it's not gonna be the right set up For most...it's only gotta work for one.

I have a complete F-Body kit minus the V-9 headunit. I have been planning on running a V-2 but that would require new mounting brackets. I would like to have the headunit you have but nothing else. If you don't end up selling the kit and are willing to let go just the headunit please let me know.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=18

This would work great on your car James. I would ditch the IC and run it on meth.

I've heard that story before though. Then when you try to get it on there you get nickle and dimed into buying all kinds of other shit and when it's all said and done you got as much into it as a new one would have run. I am tempted as hell though.

Milk challenges. Lol.

Good old times.

Man I can't promise you anything, but I don't think it's gonna be hard or expensive to make work. As I said, I'll help with any parts I have that will help the kit work.

I've heard that story before though. Then when you try to get it on there you get nickle and dimed into buying all kinds of other shit and when it's all said and done you got as much into it as a new one would have run. I am tempted as hell though.

I would usually agree, however, it is on a functioning vehicle which seems to be an easy switcho chango. Really, are you even going to drive it anyway?

I would usually agree, however, it is on a functioning vehicle which seems to be an easy switcho chango. Really, are you even going to drive it anyway?

No he'll buy it, put the kit in his garage and sell the car anyway LOL