Which truck would you pick

Rocky31186

Which Truck. Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd....  

593 members have voted

1. 1. Which Truck. Basically 30k max, Loaded with leather 4wd....

• Dodge Ram
    • Toyota Tundra
    • Chevy 1500
    • Jeep LOL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 30K id get a comman rail cummins, crew/long. Stack two boxes or efi live with intake/exhaust and call it a day

I would agree, but meeting his model year, cab size and feature requirements would be impossible unless he was okay with it having 75k miles or more....

Well for a half ton truck you can't go wrong with hardly any of them, companies know how bad full size trucks can tarnish their image and everyone makes a decent one. Personally I'm a little biased towards the Chevy, but out of all the cars I work on throughout the week I get very few trucks occupying up my bay. The worst we see are colapsed AFM lifters, and some higher mileage trucks having cam/lifter issues, but for the most part the trucks are great. The 2010 Silverado I had before the Miata was a great truck, it just wasn't fun to drive, but it's a truck :rolleyes: I used it to drag my camaro around on a U-haul trailer a couple times and even with the 4.3 V6 it drug it around without issue albeit a little too underpowered for that.

I drove a late model F-150 we had on our used car lot not too long ago and was pretty impressed with the leg room and road manners. Also drove a Ram that was dog, but I think it had the little engine in it. Never been a fan of the big broad dash and even cheaper feeling interior then GM in the Rams, the newer Rams just do nothing for me.

To each his own I think you may be questioning it because there isn't a really horrible truck out there, you just need to pick the one you like.

Well for a half ton truck you can't go wrong with hardly any of them, companies know how bad full size trucks can tarnish their image and everyone makes a decent one. Personally I'm a little biased towards the Chevy, but out of all the cars I work on throughout the week I get very few trucks occupying up my bay. The worst we see are colapsed AFM lifters, and some higher mileage trucks having cam/lifter issues, but for the most part the trucks are great. The 2010 Silverado I had before the Miata was a great truck, it just wasn't fun to drive, but it's a truck :rolleyes: I used it to drag my camaro around on a U-haul trailer a couple times and even with the 4.3 V6 it drug it around without issue albeit a little too underpowered for that.

I drove a late model F-150 we had on our used car lot not too long ago and was pretty impressed with the leg room and road manners. Also drove a Ram that was dog, but I think it had the little engine in it. Never been a fan of the big broad dash and even cheaper feeling interior then GM in the Rams, the newer Rams just do nothing for me.

To each his own I think you may be questioning it because there isn't a really horrible truck out there, you just need to pick the one you like.

Well done.

For those saying ecoboost f150, why? Have you drivin one? I have and was not impressed at all. Turbo lag, and I even got limp mode merging on the freeway.. Salesman said that's never happened. I researched it online and it's a common issue. Mpg's are not near as good as advertised. Not to mention the pages of transmission issues.

I'm not a fan, nor have I ever been a fan of f150's.

The ram with leather interior has the upgraded leather dash, center console, etc.

I'm still leaned toward a tundra. I've worked on them enough to know maintenance is cheap, rarely break down, and have some balls when getting on the freeway. I have also been in a tundra while towing a flat bed trailer with an avalanche on it. Didn't sway or rob power to get it going.

I don't want a diesel, and this truck won't be modified to be fast.

Ram.

Coil spring rear suspension makes all the others feel like the bricks they are.

Chevy = Outdated, cheap interior, lack luster drivetrain.

Toyota = Sloppy throttle, horrid steering, economy is to be desired.

I test drove every 1/2 ton on the market. Price not being the sole factor, and overall ride quality, power, comfort, eye appeal, and bang for buck. For sub $30K, I love my Ram.

For those saying ecoboost f150, why? Have you drivin one? I have and was not impressed at all. Turbo lag, and I even got limp mode merging on the freeway.. Salesman said that's never happened. I researched it online and it's a common issue. Mpg's are not near as good as advertised. Not to mention the pages of transmission issues.

I'm not a fan, nor have I ever been a fan of f150's.

The ram with leather interior has the upgraded leather dash, center console, etc.

I'm still leaned toward a tundra. I've worked on them enough to know maintenance is cheap, rarely break down, and have some balls when getting on the freeway. I have also been in a tundra while towing a flat bed trailer with an avalanche on it. Didn't sway or rob power to get it going.

I don't want a diesel, and this truck won't be modified to be fast.

Yes, my father in law HAS one, and my brother in law HAD one. I haven't put a bunch of miles on them, but at least 200 miles, on country roads, highway, city, mud pit, etc.

I didn't notice much turbo lag at all, and neither one of them has had transmission issues. My father in law has about 30k on his. He is able to get 22mpg going 75.

Where the ecoboost shines is providing similar gas mileage to the competition but more tq all across the rev band. It makes driving a heavy truck, and towing feel like less of a burden.

The one thing I really hate about the trucks, though, is the seats. They are awful. The cushions have broken down and you can feel the frame already, and my father in law weighs about 250lbs, so hes not a tub o lard.

Just my observations, your mileage may vary (obviously has).

Gmc Denali truck, then 2010 dodge hemi with 20s,bumper cut out for exhaust.

I wouldn't buy a 2500 hemi they loose their value faster than the 1/2 counterpart. I have had several people with the new Eco-boost f150s they'll me they've had tranny issues. One guy was on his 4th!

I'm not partial to Toyota, doesn't mean they're a bad truck.

For what I listed the Denali will do everything. Tow, 6.2l motor, they hold their value, classy truck to take to special occasion/events, not a lot of people have them so no cookie cuter 1500.

My votes for Chevy since your not considering Ford. My dad had an 08 or 09 one for lease, then bought an 11 and has loved them both. No issues and the ride seems realy smooth. Hes got the upgraded leather and big wheels so its an all around nice truck.

I would go with the Chevy. As history of the product lines you have chosen it is the cheapest to repair and last very well when serviced properly. Personally I would pick a F150 but I'm prodominatly a Ford guy. Honsetly just keep in mind is they all suck because you will have to work on them.

People seem to either love them or hate them, but I've been through about every configuration of Ram over the years, and cannot complain.

Same for the Chevy/GMC. We have a lot of examples in my family of 5.3 and 6.0 trucks and Tahoes going well over 200k with nothing but regular maintenance.

The Toyota just never struck me as a real truck.

I had a 04 hemi ram.. It was ok.. Friend of mine has a 09 and it's nice, but the back seat is not very big. Not a fan of the mega cab.

Maybe the SRT will be for sale soon, who knows

04 Hemi Ram can't fairly be compared to the 09-present half ton rams. Both the motor and the chassis itself are night and day different.

As for an 09 with a small back seat, he probably got the stupid quad cab which is tiny in back. There are 4 cab configurations and 3 bed lengths, so it can be tough to keep them all straight. I've never heard anybody complain about room in the crew cabs though at all, and that's what my dad has.