Deer processing around Columbus

Bahnstoermer1647545488

My father in law does it for a portion of the meat. Everyone swears by his jerkey and I assume can do whatever you want. Sorry I am not a hunter or know what all gets done. Let me know if you want contact info.

Yeah I need to drop it off somewhere tomorrow... where is he located?

I know perfect's in johnstown used to be the place to go, but when i drove through sunday, it looked like it might now be a"mays"ing meats. Looks like they got sold/bought. Sign said they do deer processing though

Yes, if you want to pay $300 to have your deer processed to not get your meat back.

We use a small mom/pop shop up in Mt. Vernon.

Yes, if you want to pay $300 to have your deer processed to not get your meat back.

We use a small mom/pop shop up in Mt. Vernon.

I never paid over $120 and never waited over a week when it was perfects. Now the stories I hear about the new owners go along with exactly that. They charge extra for ground, they take forever and just plain don't care. Esp since they now take a $50 deposit up front.

There's a place on Rt. 37 between Sunbury and Johnstown. I don't know if it's the same place Evan was talking about. I've never had a deer processed so I don't know if they are any good or not.

If you're talking about Beekist Meats east of 605 (just before Green Cook), it's a pizza place now :(

My father in law does it for a portion of the meat. Everyone swears by his jerkey and I assume can do whatever you want. Sorry I am not a hunter or know what all gets done. Let me know if you want contact info.

This is a hard deal to beat. I'm willing to bet you will always get 'your' deer back unlike a lot of the processors around Central Ohio.

This is a hard deal to beat. I'm willing to bet you will always get 'your' deer back unlike a lot of the processors around Central Ohio.

With the USDA and FDA breathing down the necks of processors these days, the times of the processors stealing your good cuts are virtually over. Those places are all getting shut down like crazy.

Sorry spoke with my father in law last night he no longer does any processing other than jerky and summer sausage. Unsure why but I believe he no longer has his meat saw to cut steaks and such.

Sorry spoke with my father in law last night he no longer does any processing other than jerky and summer sausage. Unsure why but I believe he no longer has his meat saw to cut steaks and such.

Would he be willing to make an entire deer into jerky?

Would he be willing to make an entire deer into jerky?

Again I dont know deer or ever hunted but when I was there last week a guy dropped off 12 quarters. I assume that must be where the meat is on a deer besides the ribs. He was doing these 12 quarters into summer sausage and jerky.