Talk me out of this

Cordell

Some of you I'm sure looked at my for sale thread.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108757

Well the engine seems to be knocking, someone talk me out of sticking a junkyard 5.3 in it and driving it. I've been wasting my time at work seeing how possible it is, and it doesn't look very hard.

You're looking to put what, $1000 into an $800 truck that you were selling for a good reason with a thought to be good engine. After you get done with the swap are you going to keep the truck? If so, then why were you trying to sell it? You could swap a 5.3 and then sell it for what it cost to put the motor in it. Yes it's a good truck but is it really that good? Do what ever you want, after all it is your truck and your money.

You're looking to put what, $1000 into an $800 truck that you were selling for a good reason with a thought to be good engine. After you get done with the swap are you going to keep the truck? If so, then why were you trying to sell it? You could swap a 5.3 and then sell it for what it cost to put the motor in it. Yes it's a good truck but is it really that good? Do what ever you want, after all it is your truck and your money.

I want something a little nicer without the hole. I liked S10s and was planning on getting this week. I can't make up my mind I find the fun in everything.

You're talking about a truck that you paid $500 for and has the entire back of the cab cut out. I wouldn't bother doing anything maintenance wise other than putting gas in it and topping off the oil. Drive it until it locks up, then scrap it or part it out and buy an S-10 like you want.

I want something a little nicer without the hole. I liked S10s and was planning on getting this week. I can't make up my mind I find the fun in everything.

I'd say run it to the ground and then scrap it. You don't need to make a project out of a truck that you're not fond of.

If you make a project does that mean the "S10" would be available to others?...

yeah cause chads next in line for this shin dig....dont string me along old man ill prison shank some one...