Discount Tire Lancaster

PRD2BDF

While the people are nice there (very helpful and goes out of the way). the techs know nothing.

I took the car there to have the wheels rebalanced again because of vibration above 50 MPH (good sign that it needs rebalanced)

It's now even worse.

Off to try another Discount Tire outlet.

If you go to DT Lancaster, be wary.

Youre first problem was going to discount tire. Of course their "techs" know nothing. They hire junkie high school kids @ minimum wage to perform their services. If you want things done the right way, you have to pay more at a real service facility. Just my 2 cents but, I am a little biased. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

Youre first problem was going to discount tire. Of course their "techs" know nothing. They hire junkie high school kids @ minimum wage to perform their services. If you want things done the right way, you have to pay more at a real service facility. Just my 2 cents but, I am a little biased. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

Would you recommend Wal*Mart? :gabe:

Would you recommend Wal*Mart? :gabe:
Only if you want youre wheel studs cross threaded and your oil drain plugs stripped. When I worked in canal we used to have multiple cars a month towed from walmart to our shop to have these types of things repaired fairly regularly.

I've used them a couple times and they have been friendly and helpful both times. They talked me in to getting a couple of my pressure sensors rebuilt, which ended up being a mistake and created a slow leak. They used the wrong rebuild kit, but fortunately corrected it the next day after I complained. It was a pain to make another trip to their shop for their screw up and wait 30-45 minutes.

Also, a tire shop should be able to do alignments like all of the others. I've gone elsewhere because they can't do alignments. Why buy new tires and then drive to another shop that sells tires and does alignments, just for an alignment? I'm a one stop does it all kind of guy and trying to save a few bucks on tires isn't worth the inconvenience.

Went there for new tires. Good service and no probs.

Maybe you need new tires? I'm not trying to defend them as I have nothing to gain from it.

Have brand new tires, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.

I am going to make sure the lugnuts are tightened down. If it still persists, I might have to pay Derek a visit...

cody if you need help feel free to text me 614-256-4040.. the next 2-3 days i'm setting up our new broad street store that i'll be running. everything is brand new, the 2 in ground alignment racks. 3 tire mounters, 2 balancers and a road force balancer.. depeding how fast setup goes we'll be taking customer's saturday or monday

cody if you need help feel free to text me 614-256-4040.. the next 2-3 days i'm setting up our new broad street store that i'll be running. everything is brand new, the 2 in ground alignment racks. 3 tire mounters, 2 balancers and a road force balancer.. depeding how fast setup goes we'll be taking customer's saturday or monday

Too bad I burnt that bridge that sounds like a place I'd like to work.

I will say that I take this directed at all people in the tire world. It doesn't matter how much you get paid to do your job. Most guys that changes tires all day long have more skill then you are giving credit since they change tires more often then techs at dealers. Sounds like you might have a bent wheel. Have them check it again and hope that it isn't a bad tire or bent wheel. Sucks to have to deal with that, but it happens.

I will say that I take this directed at all people in the tire world. It doesn't matter how much you get paid to do your job. Most guys that changes tires all day long have more skill then you are giving credit since they change tires more often then techs at dealers. Sounds like you might have a bent wheel. Have them check it again and hope that it isn't a bad tire or bent wheel. Sucks to have to deal with that, but it happens.

Most of us techs, well me anyway, started off busting tires and changing oil. You know why I moved up from there? because I'm good at it. Most numbskulls with an $8hr tire busting job don't take it serious, real talk.

Most of us techs, well me anyway, started off busting tires and changing oil. You know why I moved up from there? because I'm good at it. Most numbskulls with an $8hr tire busting job don't take it serious, real talk.

This is 100% correct. You will always find your BEST "tire guys" at a proper full service shop... period...

I had issues with DT in Lancaster 2 years ago and wont go back. I used the Dt in Hilliard when I lived up there and got great service. I have been an installer in tire/lube shops and managed them, and the problem I found was that too many of the techs thought that all they needed to do was get the job out the door and get to the next one. People thing that just because they start out at entry level wages that they don't have to do any more than just show up.