Very Official 2013 Football Thread

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he was one of the kids who committed during the Fickell era. After Tressel resigned, before Meyer was hired. Had to figure there was at least one more LB moving on with all the LB's they want to bring in with this class.

And Harvard has only accepted one football transfer in the last decade so it's kind of rare and something of an achievement for Luke to be accepted.

Yeah I always thought they didn't take transfers. Big congrats to Luke.

Curtis Grant

Ryan Shazier

Cam Williams

Josh Perry

Then the incoming freshmen...

Trey Johnson

Chris Worley

Mike Mitchell

Darron Lee (been working at LB last I read)

Could easily see all 4 of those freshmen seeing some form of playing time this year. Johnson and Mitchell real game time at LB and Worley and Lee on special teams due to their versatility.

Future schedules released today. It's gonna be weird seeing OSU open a season against a conference opponent (2017/Indiana)

8/30 - @ Navy (Baltimore)

9/6 - (Bye Week)

9/13 - KENT STATE

9/20 - VIRGINIA TECH

9/27 - CINCINNATI

10/4 - @ Maryland*

10/11 - (Bye Week)

10/18 - RUTGERS*

10/25 - @ Penn State*

11/1 - ILLINOIS*

11/8 - @ Michigan State*

11/15 - @ Minnesota*

11/22 - INDIANA*

11/29 - MICHIGAN*

9/5 - OPEN DATE

9/12 - NORTHERN ILLINOIS

9/19 - @ Virginia Tech

9/26 - OPEN DATE

10/3 - @ Indiana*

10/10 - MARYLAND*

10/17 - PENN STATE*

10/24 - @ Rutgers*

10/31 - (Bye Week)

11/7 - MINNESOTA*

11/14 - @ Illinois*

11/21 - MICHIGAN STATE*

11/28 - @ Michigan*

9/3 - BOWLING GREEN

9/10 - TULSA

9/17 - @ Oklahoma

9/24 - (Bye Week)

10/1 - RUTGERS*

10/8 - INDIANA*

10/15 - @ Wisconsin*

10/22 - @ Penn State*

10/29 - NORTHWESTERN*

11/5 - NEBRASKA*

11/12 - @ Maryland*

11/19 - @ Michigan State*

11/26 - MICHIGAN*

9/2 - @ Indiana*

9/9 - OPEN DATE - Would need to be a home game just to have 6 home games this year!

9/16 - OKLAHOMA

9/23 - @ North Carolina

9/30 - @ Rutgers*

10/7 - MARYLAND*

10/14 - @ Nebraska*

10/21 - (Bye Week)

10/28 - PENN STATE*

11/4 - @ Iowa*

11/11 - MICHIGAN STATE*

11/18 - ILLINOIS*

11/25 - @ Michigan*

I think Josh Perry is gonna be a beast.

I hope so!!!! And how much Shazier matured throughout the season to be one of the best LB in the country. I can't wait to see what he is like this season after putting on some more muscle. I think he is up to 235 now? He is going to hurt some people this year.

Thought this was funny/interesting enough to share...

nevada just gave the ==== for class of 2017 QB Danny Clark out of Massillon. He's at the underclassmen camp at OSU today and is "the real deal" according to people there. Absolutely insane for a kid that young to be getting this kind of hype but Braxton wasn't too dissimilar and he was at a less storied school than Clark.

OSU's OOC schedule for 2017 and beyond includes the likes of UNC, TCU, Oklahoma and Oregon. They better start preparing for Mr. Clark.

To confirm/add to this...

When the Buckeyes offer I will commit and be done with my recruiting at that point.

Love that the kid is being up front about it. When nevada busts out a ==== on a kid that far in advance you've gotta figure he's pretty set in what he wants to do and not shy about letting people know it.

nevada said this kid is also one who "gets it" when it comes to being a leader of a recruiting class. When the time comes, he will help put together a monster 2017 class.

Braxton got some solid hype as a freshman at Wayne but, and this seems true to this day, he's not the most outgoing kid. His class was more than solid but I don't remember hearing much about him working on guys. 13 of the other 24 players in the class were from Ohio so he wouldn't have had to do too much. And 4 of the non-Ohioans are gone. The big OOS get in that class was Curtis Grant and we got him due to his affinity for Tressel's sense of humor and Derrick Green who is now a true freshman at Michigan...lol.

I was flipping through the channels last night and stopped at BTN Greatest Games, which was the 2008 Cap One Bowl, Michigan v. Florida. First play I saw after I started watching? Florida runs, and successfully coverts, a fake punt with a pass to a freshman tight end named Aaron Hernandez. Kind of creepy.

Since Marcus Baugh is now on the Hernandez schedule of success, this quote from nearly a year ago after he visited OSU is glorious...

Which coaches did you meet with? What were they telling you?

I met with Coach Meyer, Coach Hinton, and Coach Herman. They said they plan on using me like Aaron Hernandez.

So at least they were up front with him. They are going to turn him into a trained killer. :lolguy:

So Carlos Hyde is most likely gone. OSU has more than capable guys behind him but fuck... he was going to be Urban's first 1,000 yard RB. And boom... 2 weeks before camp... gone.

Source? A lot of reliable insiders are calling bs on this rumor

Source? A lot of reliable insiders are calling bs on this rumor

nevada. He hasn't posted the name but he posted "Bad news coming", "someone being removed from the team" and confirmed it's a starter.

It is rare for him to be out in front on bad news because he simply hates posting it. Then it leads to speculation/could be inaccurate. If he got this wrong then it won't look good at all.

Yeah this is a huge blow if true. Supposedly the roomate of said individual has confirmed him to be in his room the night this took place. ESPN is going to have a field day with this following the arrest of Baugh, "Urban cannot run a clean program" will be splattered everywhere.

" @ekard_j he wasn't even there that my Roomate

— Adam Griffin (@yunggriffsays) July 20, 2013"

I believe it will be running back by committee now. You have Hall coming back,Smith then guys like Dunn, Hall, Elliott...

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

If it's true I hope Smith or Dunn really lock it down. I was a huge Hyde fan. And I just remembered... nevada has never liked Hyde. That explains why he would jump at the chance to break bad news about him but never anyone else. He has referred to him as a cancer on the team for over a year now because of one or two tweets he made after the Illinois game in 2011. Hyde had over 100 yards against Nebraska, Boom comes back from his suspensions and was instantly re-inserted as the starter, Hyde got 3 carries and vented after the game on twitter. He has an insatiable love for Jordan Hall despite the fact that Hall has actually broken NCAA rules and been suspended for them. It all makes sense now and I hope more than ever that he's dead wrong.