Why it sucks having multiple toys.

Cordell

You can't play with them both at the same time, nor can I afford to spend money on both of them either.

Well it doesn't really suck, but I will only have enough money this spring to upgrade one of them. I want to put a 12 bolt in the Camaro, it will need it if I plan on racing it much this year. I also want to put some bolt-ons and a standalone ECU on the Miata as this will bump it up over 200rwhp (about 160 now). The Miata upgrades will make it a lot faster especially since it'll have a huge impact on midrange power and turbo spool-up.

I love both my cars, and I can't make up my mind. Opinions, comments?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd work on the Miata. The Camaro has had it's time with being built up and that time is gone and now it should fall behind your new toy. Start playing with the Miata more and slowly get the Camaro back to where you want it.

I think you'd have a TON more fun in the miata. The camaro is a 1 trick pony.

You can't play with them both at the same time, nor can I afford to spend money on both of them either.

Well it doesn't really suck, but I will only have enough money this spring to upgrade one of them. I want to put a 12 bolt in the Camaro, it will need it if I plan on racing it much this year. I also want to put some bolt-ons and a standalone ECU on the Miata as this will bump it up over 200rwhp (about 160 now). The Miata upgrades will make it a lot faster especially since it'll have a huge impact on midrange power and turbo spool-up.

I love both my cars, and I can't make up my mind. Opinions, comments?

Put your money where you think you will have the most fun with it. But I'd also look at best bang for the buck. 12 bolt will do nothing more but allow you to run more power (which may not be a good thing, since then you can sink more money into go fast parts and worry less). A standalone in the Mazda could help you bump up the power, and 40 whp IMO in a car that light will liven it up a lot.

Just my 2 cents though.

I'd work on the Miata. The Camaro has had it's time with being built up and that time is gone and now it should fall behind your new toy. Start playing with the Miata more and slowly get the Camaro back to where you want it.

I agree with this

Golf R LOL!

Ultimately it boils down to which car I want to play with more this year.:yuno:

Then decide.

This.

I think the Miata would take the GOlf R, at everything.

I'd invest in the Miata personally.

Seems a lot more rewarding events will take place, but that's just me.

This, besides the whole miata>R thing.

Surprising responses from CR, I expected the Camaro to get some attention.

I'm sure the fact that I have so much sentiment towards my cars makes me feel like I choosing between children. I guess the title of the thread should've been why it sucks to be obsessed.

Dollar for dollar which is more fun for the cost? I would imagine the miata would see the most performance/seat of your pants gain versus the camero... how often do you get to launch it hard enough to really see/feel that upgrade? Versus all day long at an AutoX and just general driving

Do a little to both?

No such thing as a little to both, the mods are too expensive to do both. There aren't really any cheaper things left to do to the Camaro, wheels/tires, and a 12 bolt are really the only things I want to do. The Miata has a big list, but to do anything power wise like I want to do it would have to get a standalone ($2k) and a few other bolt-ons to make tuning easier. So like I said I can't really do part of anything.

Dollar for dollar which is more fun for the cost? I would imagine the miata would see the most performance/seat of your pants gain versus the camero... how often do you get to launch it hard enough to really see/feel that upgrade? Versus all day long at an AutoX and just general driving

First off, it's a Camaro.

The Camaro is alot more fun when the rear-end doesn't fall apart just because I drive it hard. It's already fast enough to drive.

The Miata is a great car, just lacks some power and cool turbo sounds (its really quiet for a turbo car).

There's a reason you sold off a lot of the Camaro goodies, why try to build it back up?

Another vote for the Miata. I really, really like your Camaro, but I think the Miata would get more bang for the buck since it's close to stock, and it's the "new" project versus the old one that you've had for 10 years and have tried multiple setups in.

Miata for sure but, I would shoot for closer to 300hp. Have you ever driven a miata with 300? It may not be a drag race star but, the gas pedal turns into a "wheel spin" button and there is just too much fun to be had.

Well, he also intends to actually race it, not just melt tires.

+1 on this...

i know how you feel. except i have 1 more toy.

do i upgrade my ducati, the track bike, or the WRX.

i think ill just do a tuner and tint on the WRX, and the ducati will get the most love. the track bike has been geared up enough last year, it should get me through the season i hope.

But im with the majority, mod the miata, should be more rewarding and more fun!