What's your guess?

I just don't see the allure of a car like this.

OMG MATCHING NUMBERS!!!!.... Who gives a shit when it comes to a car that far gone? There will be nothing factory left of it after a restoration.

Someone will most likely buy it for the VIN tag and the drivetrain. Restore everything that's able to be restored and put it and the VIN on a body from someone like Dynacorn and thus they have a "restored numbers matching" car again.

I guess I'm dumb on that as I wouldn't pay shit for that heap of a mess of metal.

I just don't see the allure of a car like this.

OMG MATCHING NUMBERS!!!!.... Who gives a shit when it comes to a car that far gone? There will be nothing factory left of it after a restoration.

I guess you two don't watch velocity channel. They buy a car from just an original frame if it worth something. And sometimes those "frames" cost six figures $$.

I guess you two don't watch velocity channel. They buy a car from just an original frame if it worth something. And sometimes those "frames" cost six figures $$.

I'm fully aware of the market. It just doesn't make sense to me.

The guy who buys this thing to restore it and flip it, I get. It's the end user willing to pay a quarter million dollars for this thing that blows my mind.

Like I said, a real original rare piece.. Sure makes sense. But seriously this will be a vin plate, block, and bell housing. Nothing will be original about it. Yet everyone will tout, matching numbers, blah blah blah.

Oh well, I'll just just chalk it up with "hellaflush".. Yet another car phenomenon I don't quite understand

It would be a great find for someone to pick up for 5k, any more than that is too much IMO. As far gone as the car is, it is going to cost a small fortune to even get it roadworthy, let alone a full nut and bolt restoration. Cool car, just not worth what they are going to get out of it IMO.

I'm blown away at the cost of this thing as it sits. I guess they guys that had these when they where younger now are at the age they can blow a lot of money to have the car from high school years that just don't have the time to do it themselfs.

I dont have a guess. But with it being a numbers matching rag top with a 396/4-speed combo, I'm not really surprised it's bringing that much.

Someone will most likely buy it for the VIN tag and the drivetrain. Restore everything that's able to be restored and put it and the VIN on a body from someone like Dynacorn and thus they have a "restored numbers matching" car again.

I bet fully restored numbers matching would go for well over 100k so even if you put 50 into it you double your money at least.

Exactly..... In the hands of a GOOD restorer, the car will fetch a very pretty penny being a complete numbers matching car. This will likely end up on an auction block and will fetch a very nice sum when completed.

I've seen some heap Chevelles restored that I didn't think were worth the time, but with the proper papers and "numbers matching" parts, those cars fetched a mint and I learned a valuable lesson.... Something is worth what someone is willing to pay, and many people out there put a high value on "numbers matching" cars that can be collected.